• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Copper Horror Thread
3 3

300 posts in this topic

Well Hellblazer would start at the end of Copper, but for my money the creative teams from the first 200 issues (I have them all) rival anything that came out during the same time frame. Of course look at my Avatar but nonetheless for consistently great art and story JC Hellblazer is the way to go - just don't 893censored-thumb.gif me off and talk about the thing coming out next year with what his face for the Matrix, I can't even say it. Set in LA - Oh the Horror (and not in a good way) of it all. foreheadslap.gif

Can't argue there, Hellblazer was/is a very well written title! Does anyone remember the four issue mini-series "The Books of Magic"? It was prestige format (I believe) introducing Tim Hunter to the DC universe and was also a very good read.

You have a really solid collection! Most of these books left mine in 1994/95 when i had to sell of most of my collection. Its great to see them again! I never saw the twilight zone wih that cover, the one i had was by Neal Adams. Must have been variants....

Oh, and Silver Scream has top quality per code harvey reprints in it, I think there was 3 issues, i still have those somewhere!

Jayman - The first copper horror I ever bought was the Twisted Tales with the gooey melting woman on the cover. I think it was Bolton. Those Bruce Jones stories blew me away, and I would consider him my favorite comics writer of all time in the horror genre. Simply untouchable.

In the 80's I was hopelessly addicted to PC and Eclipse horror&sci-fi, and some dude named Conan. Back then it felt like I was the only horror & barbarian fan on the planet, as all my buddies were superhero zombies. It almost seems odd how both Conan & horror are once again "hot commodities" in the collecting game. shy.gif

It almost seems odd how both Conan & horror are once again "hot commodities" in the collecting game. shy.gif

Agreed. Dark Horse is doing a fantastic job with Conan right now which seems to be pleasing new fans as well as keeping the old timer fans of R.E. Howard and the Thomas/Smith run satisfied.

And hats off to IDW Publishing for really pushing some decent horror titles on the market recently! Just bought Horrorcide! thumbsup2.gif

I simply LOVED NOW Comics! Speed Racer, Racer X, Green Hornet, The Terminator, Astro Boy...but I digress, heres one that fits the catagory!

Don't forget about Ralph Snart!

I loved RS! Don't have any handy but I have him on "Now What" Now's news mag. I have quite a few of these too as I used to subscribe to Now Comics. I wonder if there is a market for these things?

628061-NowWhat%231.jpg

589a8d3f732c7_628061-NowWhat1.jpg.9e6f46a9a0a4196b68d1a643f47c3073.jpg

Back on topic we have Cthulhu # 1. I have always been a fan of Lovecraft which was featured in many a Nightmare Mag. so naturally I had to pick this up. Many of you may have noticed that I am posting a lot of first issues, well there is areason for that. A lot of Copper horror was hit or miss so I either discontinued or kept purchasing. Also some of these independent titles only put out a one-shot, like a Halloween Special for example or simply went out of business.

628065-Cthulhu%231.jpg

589a8d3f766c0_628065-Cthulhu1.jpg.2b016413882e9c99c5fe17cf99534403.jpg

Hey! Wasn't Deadtime Stories another movie, ala Campfire Tales with the dude from New York Dolls?

I'm trying to think of the name of the flick where the teens wreck the car and are dead but don't realize it yet, so they sit around and wait for rescue and tell scary tales to pass the time..... any clue? Is it Deadtime Stories?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey! Wasn't Deadtime Stories another movie, ala Campfire Tales with the dude from New York Dolls?

I'm trying to think of the name of the flick where the teens wreck the car and are dead but don't realize it yet, so they sit around and wait for rescue and tell scary tales to pass the time..... any clue? Is it Deadtime Stories?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Campfire Tales is the movie where the teens wait fo rescue but are dead starring Buster Poindexter (as Ranger Bill)

Deadtime Stories Plot Summary: A babysitting uncle tells his charges three horror stories: about a killer witch, Little Red Riding Hood and a werewolf and a story about "Goldi Lox" and the three bears.

OK Jayman, sorry sign-offtopic.gif , but just trying to get this straight in my head. (besides, copper horror flix is not that far of a cry from copper horror comics, am I right?!) In Campfire Tales, do they tell a story about two newlyweds in an RV who run out of gas in the middle of nowhere?

OK Jayman, sorry sign-offtopic.gif , but just trying to get this straight in my head. (besides, copper horror flix is not that far of a cry from copper horror comics, am I right?!) In Campfire Tales, do they tell a story about two newlyweds in an RV who run out of gas in the middle of nowhere?

It seems I was a bit confused myself as there are two movies with similar names:

BTW: These are not my reviews, they're off Amazon.com

Campfire Stories 2001 (the one with Buster Poindexter)

The movie starts out with two dudes trying to goto a backwoods party they soon come across a young woman having car trouble.She leads them into a forest where they find a Forest Ranger he tells them to sit down and listen to three stories.The first one is about these football boys bullying a mentally handicapped janitor he steals the ring leaders bag and they find themselves chasing him into a forest hoping on bullying him some more one by one he kills all of them except the ring leader then eventually the janitor butchers him up.The second story is about these three people who bully and follow this Native American into his place and then kill him and take his magical weed and go into his trailer and smoke the weed once they do that they find out that the weed they smoked was sucking the soul out of them soon they all turn old the end.The last story i just watched it for the fine looking girl other than that the last sucked as much as the second.Then the two dudes and the young woman find a towtruck and go into a bar where they see a fake kiss looking type group soon they ask the bartender and he turns around to find out he is the forest ranger.They see that the janitor,the native american,and the chick on the third one, are all there laughing soon they attack the two dudes and the young woman runs out of the bar and ask another group of strangers if she can have a ride and then her eyes glow.The ending was poor it looks like it was all in one shot.There are no extras or deleted scenes on the dvd.Watch this movie for a good laugh

and...

Campfire Tales 1991

young people are approached by a creepy derelict who tells them a collection of grisly stories, each one more shocking than the last! You will meet a sadistic psychopath with a razor-sharp hook and a taste for screaming teenage girls; A group of obsessed drug addicts who decay before your eyes; A demonic Santa Claus who punishes bad boys and girls; and a band of bloodthirsty zombies out for revenge! Horror legend Gunnar Hansen (Leatherface in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre) stars in this cult thriller from shock master Paul Talbot (Hellblock 13, Freakshow).

Don't know what movie has the couple in the RV confused-smiley-013.gif

Just stick to reviewing the Horror Comics Keith! poke2.gif