• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Copper Horror Thread
3 3

300 posts in this topic

Lets get back on the horror comic track. Here are some nice horror (sort of) painted Wrightson covers. Issue 3 is my fave.

I guess this first one isn't horror related but I will post the whole mini in the interests of completeness.

pov1.jpg

Lets get back on the horror comic track.

Punisher!?! OK, let us know when you've started ... 27_laughing.gif

Just kidding, OF! makepoint.gif

And again, hate to be so sign-offtopic.gif but, I am looking for the movie where the teens (or college kids?) get car trouble of some sort (wreck? flat tire?) and wait in the woods on the side of the road for help, telling scary stories to pass the time. I think the first tale was of the newlyweds in an RV that runs out of gas/breaks down in spooksville. The guy goes to get gas/whatever in the night & after the bride endures a night of terror she exits the RV only to find the groom hanging by his feet above the Rv with the wedding ring scratching the roof as he sways to and fro.

In the end, the stranded teens see a "rescue" light from the roadside, but in a weird series of camera shots we see that the "light" is the penlight of an EMT who is checking the eyes of the teens for signs of life as they are being carried off on stretchers, dead from the car wreck they had went through earlier.

Can anyone help?! confused-smiley-013.gif

And again, hate to be so but, I am looking for the movie where the teens (or college kids?) get car trouble of some sort (wreck? flat tire?) and wait in the woods on the side of the road for help, telling scary stories to pass the time. I think the first tale was of the newlyweds in an RV that runs out of gas/breaks down in spooksville. The guy goes to get gas/whatever in the night & after the bride endures a night of terror she exits the RV only to find the groom hanging by his feet above the Rv with the wedding ring scratching the roof as he sways to and fro.

In the end, the stranded teens see a "rescue" light from the roadside, but in a weird series of camera shots we see that the "light" is the penlight of an EMT who is checking the eyes of the teens for signs of life as they are being carried off on stretchers, dead from the car wreck they had went through earlier.

Sounds like a reenactment of an urban legend. Also, did the story have several stories, like Creepshow or Bordello of Blood? Do you remember about what year this came out?

Yup, it was an anthology flick. The "stranded" teens waiting for help while telling scary tales to pass the time was the wrap - around (or framing) piece tying them all together. As for year, no idea. Probably more of a 90's flick, I'd imagine.

I FOUND IT!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115813/

It is CAMPFIRE TALES! Although not the same one as the one you quoted from Amazon, Jay. confused-smiley-013.gif This one was made in 1997, not 91, and has actually a couple "hot" young Hollywood thespians. Check it out!

We now return to our scheduled horror comics.....

Just picked this up on ebay, magazine format/size. Never heard of it before. Great story with sort of a Twilight Zone feel to it combining horror elements with science fiction, from Marvel no less. Story and art by Bruce Jones! cloud9.gif

647595-Arena.jpg

Some sneak peaks from inside!

647595-ArenaPanel1.jpg647595-ArenaPanel2.jpg

647595-ArenaPanel3.jpg

647595-ArenaPanel3.jpg.9c82a401d00a0a56d88dfb5d9f45ebe9.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Bravo, Jayman! Jones is my comic writer hero, and his art (while heavily Williamson inspired) ain't too shabby, neither! insane.gif

BTW - I had no idea these existed! Sweet! thumbsup2.gif

No kiddin'...if that's not a Williamsonesque T. Rex, I don't know what is!

The Marvel graphic novel is all one story so the interior art shown above is all intertwined. Leave it to Jones to have creepy horror type characters mixing it up with dinosaurs! grin.gif