• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Interesting.

BVS and the Wizard of OZ

Agreed! Posted that earlier. But it got buried in all the excitement (which is great to read).

I weep for The Flash movie

They need to cast Grant Gustin. My kids were like, "That's not the Flash!?"

That's because the movie Flash is Wally West... ;)

He is listed on IMDb as Barry Allen/The Flash for Justice League Part One.

The Justice League Part One (2017)

And I really liked that The Flash was traveling across time (or worlds) to reach Bruce and warn him of future events.

A certain dream cameo has leaked online that was an interesting scene from the film.

Barry Allen!

:whee:

I didn't understand the intent completely until I looked it up online.

A spoiler within a spoiler? :o

It then cuts back to Bruce in the Batcave where he dozed off, now with some sort of time portal in front of him that has a cameo by The Flash, played by Ezra Miller, complete in his tech looking costume. He warns Bruce by saying “You were right about him. You’ve always been right about him.” He then warns that Lois Lane is the key, as it sounds like the death of Lois makes Superman go insane.

Now if you have played Injustice: Gods Among Us, this may sound very familiar, as the plot revolved around a Superman gone rogue after Joker tricks him into killing Lois. After he then kills the Joker in brutal fashion, he essentially becomes a dictator, similar to the Earth-3 Crime Syndicate. In Injustice: Gods Among Us, most of the good guys are dead already, so the good guys from another Earth are brought in to help out, which is something that could be really cool to see done in the movies.

An article from MoviePilot.com that talks through the entire dream sequence well worth reading - ONCE you have seen the movie. It does contain spoilers.

Let's Talk About that Dream Sequence...

Yeah, that's "Injustice" too. This entire scene in the movie is a big shout-out to the Injustice story line, which proves to be a major catalyst that pushes Batman to go and fight Superman: he can't let Superman get out of control. That's why he's so eager to remind Batman to keep a close watch on Lois: if anything happens to Lois, Superman will turn into their worst nightmare. She seems to be the one person who could push Superman over the edge (her and, as we saw in the movie, quite possibly his mother).

let-s-talk-about-that-dream-sequence-the-flash-from-injustice-906792.jpg

SPOILERS :news:

Do not watch this video if you want to avoid any surprises being spoiled.

- 'It's not 1938' - Perry White's Action Comics #1 reference (I missed that)

- Nicholson Terminal - Jack Nicholson recognition

- Lex Luthor's prison # (16-TK-421) - Nod to Star Wars

Although the current box office has been posted, these are estimated that won't be finalized until tomorrow. But it is looking good when a movie already achieves 1.7X in its opening weekend.

FLXv0Yi.png

AsJkgrA.png

Looks like Warner is cutting off all the leaked footage from the metahumans scenes. But the two goodies from the Cyborg scene were quite interesting.

I missed two things with the Lex Luthor secret metahumans video files when it comes to Cyborg.

- Cyborg's dad is the actor that created Skynet in the Terminator series, converting his son into a cyborg.

- The box he uses to create Cyborg - that's a Mother Box created by a scientist from Darkseid's home planet, Apokolips.

:o

I can't believe Superman Returns had a budget of $270million, where did the money go!

A new Superman movie was in production for a LONG TIME. Also Singer notoriously spent an incredible amount of money on inane details. That said, I didn't think the movie actually looked bad

An interesting box office summary from Boxofficemojo. Including a point made about movies that succeed despite what critics have to share.

'Batman v Superman' Dominates the Box Office, Opening Over $450 Million Worldwide

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ruled the box office this weekend, both in international and domestic markets, bringing home an estimated $424.1 million worldwide. The record-breaking performance saw the film set a new domestic March opening weekend record and it also serves as the largest domestic opening for Warner Bros. ever. And while the clash of superhero titans was doing it's thing, Universal's counter-programming release in My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 also performed well as did Roadside's Hello, My Name is Doris and Bleecker Street's Eye in the Sky.

With an estimated $170.1 million, Batman v Superman topped the March opening weekend record previously held by The Hunger Games at $152.5 million. Should estimates hold, and WB seems to be confident they will, this also tops the $169.1 million Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 opened with in 2011, making it the largest domestic opening for the studio. This is also the largest Easter opening, topping the $147.1 million brought in by Furious 7 last year as well as the largest opening for a film based on a DC Comics property, a record previously held by The Dark Knight Rises at $160.8 million. But this weekend's records are one thing, how the film will hold up is another.

Heading into the weekend the swath of negative critical reviews were a major focus as the film now sits at a 29% rating on RottenTomatoes and no film with a rating lower than 63% on the site had ever opened over $150 million. Clearly Batman v Superman bucked that trend as it is now one of only five live action films to have ever grossed over $100 million on opening weekend with a RottenTomatoes rating lower than 30%. So does this say something about critics, about films with baked in audiences... or both?

From an audience perspective, Batman v Superman received a so-so "B" CinemaScore with a "B-" coming from males, which made up 62% of the audience, and "B" from females. Audience members under the age of 18, however, scored it an "A-", which brings our attention to next weekend. Recent films such as Avengers: Age of Ultron and Batman v Superman predecessor Man of Steel saw 59.4% and 64.6% second weekend drops respectively. It's also worth noting a large drop should be expected no matter what, if only because $27.7 million of Batman v Superman's opening came from Thursday previews.

The film brought in an estimated $254 million internationally this weekend, giving it the fifth largest international opening weekend of all-time. The global opening of $424.1 million is the fourth largest of all-time. The breakdown by territory shows China leading the pack, delivering an estimated $57.3 million in its first three days, the largest opening ever for WB in China. Results from other territories include the UK ($21.9m), Mexico ($18.6m), Brazil ($12.2m), Korea ($10.5m), Australia ($10.0m), Russia ($8.5m), France ($8.4m), Germany ($8.2m), Spain ($6.3m), Italy ($5.8m) and Japan ($4.4m).

As will be the case domestically, how well the film performs next weekend in all these territories will be of vital importance when it comes to determining just how big a hit this will end up being. At this point, it looks as if Batman v Superman will become the 25th film to cross $1+ billion worldwide as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is the only film to open with over $158 million domestically and not cross the $1 billion mark worldwide.

:applause:

I missed two things with the Lex Luthor secret metahumans video files when it comes to Cyborg.

- Cyborg's dad is the actor that created Skynet in the Terminator series, converting his son into a cyborg.

- The box he uses to create Cyborg - that's a Mother Box created by a scientist from Darkseid's home planet, Apokolips.

:o

*ping*

Ok - after reading some of these posts and reviews, my wife and I STILL decided to see it last night.

Had a dinner, and knocked back a litre of wine. So - we really had a open mind and low expectations.

It wasn't great, at one point she wanted to leave the movie. The highlight was WonderWoman - she's hot. Other than that, go rent it.

If you had a choice to go have drinks or this movie.....stay at the bar, it's money better spent.

When you going to see it again

Although the current box office has been posted, these are estimated that won't be finalized until tomorrow. But it is looking good when a movie already achieves 1.7X in its opening weekend.

FLXv0Yi.png

AsJkgrA.png

Hey Bosco - thanks for all this data you keep posting, i know it's appreciated by many!

Would you mind posting a chart with all the superhero movies (Disney/WB atleast, but if you have the others too, even better).

Curios how BvS might do against the other $B+ projects like Avengers and AOU

Thanks so much!

Joey

Hey Bosco - thanks for all this data you keep posting, i know it's appreciated by many!

Would you mind posting a chart with all the superhero movies (Disney/WB atleast, but if you have the others too, even better).

Curios how BvS might do against the other $B+ projects like Avengers and AOU

Thanks so much!

Joey

Sure thing. I'll post that in this thread like I've been doing with Deadpool compared to the Top 20 DC-Marvel movies based on adjusted worldwide totals.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present

:foryou:

This might explain some of those scenes that seemed out of place: the-theory-of-a-waking-knightmare

I like this one... and it's all perfectly plausible in the DC Universe :D

For hardcore comic book fans, and games related to comic books, those scenes were fantastic!

Unfortunately, the average movie-goer won't put it all together. Heck, comic book fans weren't completely clear what was being revealed until after the movie. Which is cool having all those amazing Easter Eggs to chew on for a second-third-fourth viewing.

:whee:

For all those people saying that the movie has no humour in it - not that it needs any - you must have missed the bits that I saw, in particular, from Perry, Alfred and even Lex.

For all those people saying that the movie has no humour in it - not that it needs any - you must have missed the bits that I saw, in particular, from Perry, Alfred and even Lex.

Perry White brought a few laughs at the theater I was at.