• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

BVS is a great comic book superhero movie.

If we are all liking it,than why the are the critics dissing it?

You know if the critics were saying 64% like the latest James Bond SPECTRE I would have no problem,but to put it at 29% seems that there is agenda taking place.

I don't think critics are dissing it too much. The average rating was 5.1 out of 10 when I looked last. One thing about rotten tomatoes is that any rating below 6 out of 10 is considered a 'bad rating' so in fact this movie has such a low score due to tons of reviewers giving it 'average' scores.

I think Synder failed to show how Luthor orchestrated everything. I followed it but I can see how people weren't able to put things together

The point about Superman still doing the right thing despite all of it is a great one. The scene when he goes to see Lois (before the fight) you can tell how torn apart he is.

I never understood how people accepted that ending to Superman 1 (reverse the earth)

It was all there in the movie, but the style of storytelling used didn't make it easy to follow.

BVS is a great comic book superhero movie.

If we are all liking it,than why the are the critics dissing it?

You know if the critics were saying 64% like the latest James Bond SPECTRE I would have no problem,but to put it at 29% seems that there is agenda taking place.

I don't think critics are dissing it too much. The average rating was 5.1 out of 10 when I looked last. One thing about rotten tomatoes is that any rating below 6 out of 10 is considered a 'bad rating' so in fact this movie has such a low score due to tons of reviewers giving it 'average' scores.

+ 1

The RT rating system is not kind to this movie, but that doesn't mean it's a conspiracy. Or does it....?

Who Were the Comic Book Creators In the Credits?

In Batman V Superman, though, there were a ton of comic creators in the Special Thanks section -- it was a whole section of the credits unto itself -- and a number of them have taken to social media recently to express their gratitude for being recognized.

Frank Miller

Dan Jurgens

Jim Aparo

Jon Bogdanove

Brett Breeding

John Byrne

Gerry Conway

Gardner Fox

Tom Grummett

Jackson Guice

Carmine Infantino

Robert Kanigher

Harry Lampert

Jim Lee

Paul Norris

Jerry Ordway

George Perez

Jerry Robinson

Louise Simonson

Roger Stern

Jim Starlin

Curt Swan

Len Wein

Mort Weisinger

Marv Wolfman

:o(worship)

Iron man 2?

Iron man3???

Thor zzz

Avengers age of sleep?

How about Ant-Man?

That had to be the most pedestrian Marvel movie yet,but the Rotten Tomatoes critics have it at 80%.

(shrug)

And with audience approval of 87%. i guess they had an agenda as well.

Ant Man was the most Disney of Marvel's movies. And Disney movies pack in the younger crowd. If it didn't have Marvel's name on it, it would have done just as well as it did. Think Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Race to Witch Mountain, Tron, etc. Ant Man would fit right in with those movies.

In my world, there is room for both types of movies. Serious and fluffy. Dark and light.

I can't believe Superman Returns had a budget of $270million, where did the money go!

It was a movie that was a LONG time in the making. And all those years of rewrites contributed to that budget.

Just got back from it today. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. My biggest complaint is the over-the-top action scenes that Snyder likes. It could use a better balance. Plus, it was a bit unbalanced setting up the future movies. Tell a great story and the rest will work itself out. Oh, and not a fan of the movie's Flash.

I saw it. I liked it.

I also understand some of the criticisms. They tried putting too much into this film, and it got really messy at points. The end was also a mistake, IMO. And the foreshadowing was too subtle for the general movie-going audience.

For all those people saying that the movie has no humour in it - not that it needs any - you must have missed the bits that I saw, in particular, from Perry, Alfred and even Lex.

I did like Irons' take on Alfred's dry British wit.

Warner Bros. Respond To BATMAN v SUPERMAN's Success; "There's A Disconnect Between Critics And Audiences"

"There is no question this is an extraordinary achievement," the studio's domestic distribution chief Jeff Goldstein said today. "Clearly, audiences have embraced it and we are already seeing repeat business. It's just fun. Often, there's a disconnect between critics and audiences. It doesn’t take itself seriously. It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies."

One thing which now seems clear is that these numbers have just further cemented Warnr Bros.' plans to create a shared DC Films Universe, whether critics like it or not. "When you swing for the bleachers and connect, it’s a tremendous feeling. This felt like we were launching several films, so to come through like this makes all of us very proud."

Holy krap...this movie was bad...too long, too slow, and way too much crammed into it.

Most of the stuff Lex was doing could easily been edited out. They should have stream-lined the story too instead of bouncing around all over the place.

Loved Gal Gadot...easily the best part of the movie. Affleck did a really good job too.

There is an Ultimate Edition coming to video that will add 30 minutes of cut footage back into the movie. I'm wanting the Slender Edition with 45 minutes of footage cut from the movie.

Warner Bros. Respond To BATMAN v SUPERMAN's Success; "There's A Disconnect Between Critics And Audiences"

"There is no question this is an extraordinary achievement," the studio's domestic distribution chief Jeff Goldstein said today. "Clearly, audiences have embraced it and we are already seeing repeat business. It's just fun. Often, there's a disconnect between critics and audiences. It doesn’t take itself seriously. It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies."

One thing which now seems clear is that these numbers have just further cemented Warnr Bros.' plans to create a shared DC Films Universe, whether critics like it or not. "When you swing for the bleachers and connect, it’s a tremendous feeling. This felt like we were launching several films, so to come through like this makes all of us very proud."

Come on Bosco. These tickets were presold. The opening weekend was critic proof, tickets were already sold before the first review came out. The important question is what the fall off is next week. 50% you have a winner (and yes, critic reviews don't matter) 80% and it might be a tremendous bomb. Next Sunday will be what matters (we were all expecting it to hit 160-180 before the reviews came out.)

Come on Bosco. These tickets were presold. The opening weekend was critic proof, tickets were already sold before the first review came out. The important question is what the fall off is next week. 50% you have a winner (and yes, critic reviews don't matter) 80% and it might be a tremendous bomb. Next Sunday will be what matters (we were all expecting it to hit 160-180 before the reviews came out.)

Have you seen the movie Jaybuck?

Have you seen the movie Jaybuck?

Yes