• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Ben Affleck Talks BATMAN V SUPERMAN Role; Praises Zack Snyder And Chris Terrio's Vision

When EW recently got the chance to catch up with the Gone Girl star, they were quick to quiz him on what it was like to see such a vocal response. "Before I took the role, Warner Bros. gave me a bunch of past reactions to casting and said, “Are you sure you want to get into this? This is part and parcel of these movies now. There’s a lot of active fans with a lot of opinions.” To me, having been through a certain amount of that, it doesn’t really… Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I wouldn’t have taken the part if I didn’t trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking," he added before praising this new take on the iconic DC Comics character. "I think Chris Terrio wrote a terrific -script. Zack’s a great visual director. And there’s an interesting take. I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think I could do it. I have the benefit of a lot of that understanding. But also, everyone is entitled to their opinion. That’s a big part of this international sport. The Fifty Shades of Grey kid or whatever it is. That’s sort of become a thing."

Maybe after this, DC should take a break from Supes and Bats. Maybe develop some other characters. I mean look at the Marvel formula of movie making.

Maybe they can do Prez next. ;)

Maybe after this, DC should take a break from Supes and Bats. Maybe develop some other characters. I mean look at the Marvel formula of movie making.

lol Adam Strange could be a good franchise is handled properly. Get some Hawkman in there, some Kanjar Ro...

Ben Affleck injured on ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ set? This video backs up that claim

-----------------------

The 41-year-old was sent home from set after straining his body due to a complicated move using his left shoulder. “It was hurting him pretty bad,” a source reveals. “He’s putting his all into this role and it’s pretty physically demanding. The trips to the gym are two, sometimes three times a day and on set he’s like a machine.”

-----------------------

The good news is that this doesn’t appear to be a serious injury. Affleck was spotted back on set just a few days after the reported injury. Let’s hope Batman can stay healthy for the rest of the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice shoot. Production is expected to wrap up around November.

-----------------------

Man, this is a busy day for BvS related news.

lol

Olga Kurylenko Comments On Being Up For 'Wonder Woman' In BATMAN V SUPERMAN

If I had to pick from the three options, it would have been Olga Kurylenko. I liked her work in 'Oblivion'. And she was definitely one tough woman in 'Centurion' as Etain.

dQjWBwcl.jpg

Oh well.

No politics.

Ronda Rousey Takes Another Jab At Wonder Woman And Dumbed Down Female Superheroes

Looks like she has a few more things to say about super-heroines.

----------------------

Rousey said, "I'm tired of watching this thing where the woman's superpower is dumbed down. In The Fantastic Four, the woman is the invisible one. In X-Men, (telekinetic) Jean Grey gets tired all the time. Wonder Woman is cool, but she has bulletproof bracelets, while Superman is a bulletproof dude. It's like she has really cool accessories. I think about that a lot."

----------------------

Or, she is fishing for a movie role.

Ronda Rousey Takes Another Jab At Wonder Woman And Dumbed Down Female Superheroes

----------------------

Rousey said, "I'm tired of watching this thing where the woman's superpower is dumbed down. In The Fantastic Four, the woman is the invisible one. In X-Men, (telekinetic) Jean Grey gets tired all the time. Wonder Woman is cool, but she has bulletproof bracelets, while Superman is a bulletproof dude. It's like she has really cool accessories. I think about that a lot."

----------------------

Supergirl? hm

----------------------

----------------------

I believe no matter how tough her character was in The Expendables 3, she still needed to rescued in a hostage situation towards the end. Maybe she should own up to the fact, that she has helped the "weak lead heroine archtype" herself. Rocks in glass houses. hm