• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

i wonder if BvS opens huge weekend and they story's turns out be one of the best written CBM how much of an impact that would do to CBM moving forward.

I think Brolin mocking Zack Snyder the other day for being a former music video director would have to rethink that approach if this happened. Especially when he made it sound like Marvel Studio executives were sitting around a barbeque, laughing about this and saying they would never hire someone like Snyder.

doh!

i think it was a bad move by him especially that both Kevin & Joss have kept positive and glade that WB/DC is doing doing there own formula. if he was still mad about the fact that they went with Affleck and not him then he needs to control his emotions.

i'm thinking more in the line of story telling in CBM has much has i like GOTG i just have that feel they played it too safe and their were some parts in CAP2 that had me think why don't they get the other Avengers members to help out.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN Producer Michael Uslan Reveals Bruce Wayne's Age In The Movie

----------------------

"We’ve been through this I don’t know how many times already. Every time a director makes a creative, out-of-the-box-thinking decision on casting, it tends to get this. I remember even the ‘Iron Man’ (2008) guys got it on Robert Downey Jr. initially. Of course, we got it intensely when another genius, Chris Nolan, chose Heath Ledger to play the Joker (in 2008’s ‘The Dark Knight’). And it was a huge outcry: ‘How can a guy who just played a gay cowboy (in 2005’s ‘Brokeback Mountain’) play the Joker? You’re going to destroy the greatest villain ever, this is going to be a laugh.’ “So, this has happened time and again, and it happened with Affleck. To go back to the original thought of Bruce Wayne in his mid-40s, I think he’s going to be extraordinary."

----------------------

So seasoned, but not completely the 55 year old that 'The Dark Knight Returns' contained.

You can't have 'Batman v Superman' without Kevin Smith.

lol

Kevin Smith Goes Crazy For Batman’s White Eyes In Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice Trailer

--------------------

Smith added, “It looks amazing, dude. It’s like him in the armored suit that we all know from Dark Knight Returns. That we’ve only ever seen drawn or animated, and there’s a realistic, live action representation of it. You see Batman in the suit, jam the Bat-Signal light switch on or off. Boom, the light goes on. The Bat-Signal is the fat bat from Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Returns. Up in the sky, and right dead center in the middle of the bat, you see Superman hovering, Henry Cavill, and his eyes go red, like he’s going to use his heat vision and s***. And they cut down and push in on Ben Affleck, Bat-Fleck, down below, and his eyes glow white, man. Zack Snyder knew that every one of us been reading those books for years were like, ‘Oh my God, if you show me the white Batman eyes, I will follow you to hell.’ Ohhh, and he did it, he gave it. You can see it in the piece. I’m sure sooner or later they’ll put it up.”

--------------------

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: More Possible Plot Details Leak

"According to the extra, the ending of the film has already been filmed. One of the scenes shot featured Batman breaking into Lexcorp to steal kryptonite, and apparently Lexcorp had somehow gotten ahold of General Zod's body. He went on to talk about the timeframe of the movie and where it picks up, saying that it starts "as the battle between Superman and General Zod ends or is ending (which would explain all the damaged buildings and vehicles we've been seeing in photos) and Batman/Bruce Wayne is attempting to make his way to the Wayne tower in Metropolis."

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: More Possible Plot Details Leak

"According to the extra, the ending of the film has already been filmed. One of the scenes shot featured Batman breaking into Lexcorp to steal kryptonite, and apparently Lexcorp had somehow gotten ahold of General Zod's body. He went on to talk about the timeframe of the movie and where it picks up, saying that it starts "as the battle between Superman and General Zod ends or is ending (which would explain all the damaged buildings and vehicles we've been seeing in photos) and Batman/Bruce Wayne is attempting to make his way to the Wayne tower in Metropolis."

Just what I've been saying all along. Seems totally logical and would nicely illustrate the reasons behind the vs.

:o

Warner Bros. Hook Two Writers For AQUAMAN

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Warner Bros. has hired screenwriters Will Beall (Gangster Squad) and Kurt Johnstad (300) to pen two separate scripts for an upcoming Aquaman film. The film will be one of the nine upcoming installments after Batman v. Superman that will help shape DC's Cinematic Universe. The film is being developed on dual tracks, meaning that two scripts will be written, one by Beall and one by Johnstad, but only the best version will move forward.

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Warner Bros. has hired screenwriters Will Beall (Gangster Squad) and Kurt Johnstad (300) to pen two separate scripts for an upcoming Aquaman film. The film will be one of the nine upcoming installments after Batman v. Superman that will help shape DC's Cinematic Universe. The film is being developed on dual tracks, meaning that two scripts will be written, one by Beall and one by Johnstad, but only the best version will move forward.

I read this earlier today, and found the dual -script approach interesting.

Would this be done to avoid -script re-writes by having the one that is most thorough and appearing most well thought out?

Jason Momoa to play Aquaman in Supes v Bats too. (officially out on this movie now).

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jason-momoa-to-play-aquaman-in-batman-v-superman-1201221554/

It looks like this Variety article is being quoted by many. But also questioned as official and final.

Finally (Maybe) Official – Jason Momoa Is Aquaman – Updated

------------------------

Update – the Variety report that is being used as the source of this article (and on just about every other comic and entertainment site on the web) is from June 16th of this year. But it’s just making the rounds today. I will try to dig more into this, but at this point I’d take this announcement as not-so official yet.

------------------------

I read this earlier today, and found the dual -script approach interesting.

Would this be done to avoid -script re-writes by having the one that is most thorough and appearing most well thought out?

yeah it could work out if the writer look towards the comics and ask Johns for some input on the character. it could be a big win for WB then they can look into who is going to write the screenplay for it. some times by dual writer maybe one writer moves more towards another character over Aquaman, which could become two different movies and not just one.