• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Shazam movie possibly confirmed

The Hollywood Reporter says that sources tell them a Shazam film, starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, is one of Warner Bros. recently announced but still untitled DC Entertainment films.

Johnson has long been rumored to be involved in a film project with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros., and rumors have swirled about what character he may be playing. He recently hinted very strongly that the character he would be playing is Shazam, while stopping just short of actually confirming the rumor.

THR doesn't mention which release date the Shazam film might be scheduled for, but they do mention that Justice League and Wonder Woman are also reportedly in the works.

Emmy Rossum in negotiations for future DC film in lead role?

I've been sitting on this rumor for a bit, as I know the first question is always going to be "Who is the source?" and upon receiving some confirmation on the matter I felt it was reasonable to share this now.

I first heard that Emmy was a possibility through another superhero centric website around 3-4 weeks ago. At that point there was nothing concrete to go off of but the reliability of the member there. After some time of making contact with Emmy's agency I can safely say after receiving an email from an ICM representative, that there is a role in mind for Emmy Rossum with a DC movie. Is there a possibility of posturing as she is being represented and their job is to get her work? Possibly. Yet, there was no clear denial in the email which is why I'd consider this to be a very likely casting confirmation in the future.

"Thank you for your interest in ICM, we are a very competitive agency and cannot release information at this time, about what type of role Emmy Rossum will be playing in a future DC film. It is a long process, but we are very excited for the opportunity that is out there with the new slate of films on the horizon. When a deal is finalized for a major film such as a DC property there will be a press release to properly highlight the details."

Who could she be playing in future DC films?

The Hollywood Reporter says that sources tell them a Shazam film, starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, is one of Warner Bros. recently announced but still untitled DC Entertainment films.

Johnson has long been rumored to be involved in a film project with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros., and rumors have swirled about what character he may be playing. He recently hinted very strongly that the character he would be playing is Shazam, while stopping just short of actually confirming the rumor.

THR doesn't mention which release date the Shazam film might be scheduled for, but they do mention that Justice League and Wonder Woman are also reportedly in the works.

One of the article content posts. I'd love to see this fight in a live film.

captain_marvel_vs_black_adam_by_tsotne_senpai-d5z4tid.gif

captain_marvel_vs_black_adam_2_by_tsotne_senpai-d5z4tar.gif

One of the article content posts. I'd love to see this fight in a live film.

captain_marvel_vs_black_adam_by_tsotne_senpai-d5z4tid.gif

captain_marvel_vs_black_adam_2_by_tsotne_senpai-d5z4tar.gif

What's Shazam weakness?

What's Shazam weakness?

As the Guardian of the Rock of Eternity, he is one with the Rock as it is a part of him. He channels the energies of the primal God-wave and the Greek Lords of Magic through the Rock of Eternity. As such, he is infused with the duty to keep the power and the magic of the earth realm in balance. As keeper of the Rock of Eternity, he also holds the dark forces at bay. Due to being bound to the Rock of Eternity, Shazam's spirit can leave the Rock of Eternity for short periods of time. It should be noted that Shazam gets weaker the longer he is away from it.

Pre-Crisis, he once claimed to get his powers from his magic mantle which protected him from evil harm and enabled other powers. When it was removed he lost his powers and became just an old man, although it does not appear to work for others, when Sivana put it on he was not protected from Captain Marvel as it only protects the wearer from evil harm. In other stories he is shown as being weaker, being captured even while wearing the mantle, and it is once shown that the brazier being lit will summon him even if he is not in Eternity. He also possessed a device with which he could observe the past, present and future, and can throw lightning bolts from the Rock, which transform the Marvels. In another story it is claimed Shazam's powers come from a Shazamium bracelet which enables him and anybody else wearing it to become ethereal and travel back and forth from the Rock of Eternity. If Shazam has it off for 24 hours he dies.

What's Shazam weakness?

As the Guardian of the Rock of Eternity, he is one with the Rock as it is a part of him. He channels the energies of the primal God-wave and the Greek Lords of Magic through the Rock of Eternity. As such, he is infused with the duty to keep the power and the magic of the earth realm in balance. As keeper of the Rock of Eternity, he also holds the dark forces at bay. Due to being bound to the Rock of Eternity, Shazam's spirit can leave the Rock of Eternity for short periods of time. It should be noted that Shazam gets weaker the longer he is away from it.

Pre-Crisis, he once claimed to get his powers from his magic mantle which protected him from evil harm and enabled other powers. When it was removed he lost his powers and became just an old man, although it does not appear to work for others, when Sivana put it on he was not protected from Captain Marvel as it only protects the wearer from evil harm. In other stories he is shown as being weaker, being captured even while wearing the mantle, and it is once shown that the brazier being lit will summon him even if he is not in Eternity. He also possessed a device with which he could observe the past, present and future, and can throw lightning bolts from the Rock, which transform the Marvels. In another story it is claimed Shazam's powers come from a Shazamium bracelet which enables him and anybody else wearing it to become ethereal and travel back and forth from the Rock of Eternity. If Shazam has it off for 24 hours he dies.

This is a little misleading. When we are talking about todays Shazam (especially in the New52 timeline), then this person is who we formerly knew as Captain Marvel. However, the parts posted above refer to Shazam, the wizard, not Shazam, Captain Marvel. As such we have a slight name problem with all the Shazams. I would imagine Freddy Freeman still turning into "Captain Marvel Jr", which of course would be a little weird, as there is no Captain Marvel (sr) to derive the name from. Maybe Freddy will also be called Shazam Jr (or King Shazam, as he himself suggested in the New52 timeline?)? Doesn't sound any good. It's a problem I'm not sure DC has solved, yet.

Lex's Plan In BATMAN V SUPERMAN Elaborated On; Major Villain Teased

Lex has been gathering pieces and debris from the World Engine and he has used them to synthesize Kryptonite. Meanwhile he has also gotten ahold of Zod's corpse, and it is the key to his master plan to defeat Superman. He uses that tissue to... well, that would be spoiling. But Superman hasn't been defeated many times in the past. You can probably connect the dots from here.

it sounds like bizzaro to me.

Lex has been gathering pieces and debris from the World Engine and he has used them to synthesize Kryptonite. Meanwhile he has also gotten ahold of Zod's corpse, and it is the key to his master plan to defeat Superman. He uses that tissue to... well, that would be spoiling. But Superman hasn't been defeated many times in the past. You can probably connect the dots from here.

OR, it could be a NEW twist on Doomsday. But I agree that Bizzaro is the prime suspect.

OR, it could be a NEW twist on Doomsday. But I agree that Bizzaro is the prime suspect.

:ohnoez:

216px-ClassicBizarro.PNG

Jason Momoa to play Aquaman in Supes v Bats too. (officially out on this movie now).

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jason-momoa-to-play-aquaman-in-batman-v-superman-1201221554/

It looks like this Variety article is being quoted by many. But also questioned as official and final.

Finally (Maybe) Official – Jason Momoa Is Aquaman – Updated

------------------------

Update – the Variety report that is being used as the source of this article (and on just about every other comic and entertainment site on the web) is from June 16th of this year. But it’s just making the rounds today. I will try to dig more into this, but at this point I’d take this announcement as not-so official yet.

------------------------

Still no official announcement yet.

:ohnoez:

someone in the comments at CBM put this up:

"General Dru-Zod had originally created bizarro duplicates of himself to dominate the planet, Krypton. The bizarros had no power because they were not under a yellow sun, but they were soldiers ready to kill and die without hesitation. This was the reason why Zod was banished to the Phantom Zone for 25 Krypton sun-cycles (Phantom Zone #1)."

lol

Stop Asking Jason Momoa About AQUAMAN

---------------------

In response, especially after the news that a solo Aquaman movie is in development, the Game of Thrones alum recently posted the following meme to Instagram.

---------------------

I'd say he is getting burned out real fast. And deep filming hasn't even started yet.