• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I saw it last night, I thought it was pretty good. Not sure why all the negative reviews. As others have said, were critics expecting a paint by the numbers Avengers movie. Not that those are bad either, just different from what BvS was trying to be. I thought it made a decent lead in to a trilogy of planned movies.

My only complaints about the movie were:

1. Lex Luther, I duuno Jesse was just playing him too manic...almost Joker like. Not that he did a bad job in acting the part. They should have went an older actor that and play it more calculating and Machiavellian.

2. Doomsday, looked a bit too much like a Olog-hai from Lord of the Rings. He needed more Spikes!

And your score overall?

Vote here

:popcorn:

i think the difference in why he was weaker with kryptonite with superman is that he breathed it in

That and he was using every ounce of power he had to do what had to be done even if it killed him.

Yes and yes. And let's not forget that kryptonite spear did severely weaken him. The whole...

...getting stabbed in the chest thing...

...being the clue.

Just seen with my wife, 11 yr & 7 yr old boys

I JUST DON'T GET THE CRITICISM

IT WAS GREAT!!!

Best super-hero film I've seen

Batman totally nailed

Superman INTERESTING

Wonder Woman superb

My boys loved the fight sequences

Only flaw (for all of us) was the Doomsday animation

I think people are just out to out critique then next critic

IT WAS GREAT!!!

Batman totally nailed

Superman INTERESTING

Wonder Woman superb

And your final score on this film?

:baiting:

IT WAS GREAT!!!

Batman totally nailed

Superman INTERESTING

Wonder Woman superb

And your final score on this film?

:baiting:

done

I would add we all enjoyed Luthor too, though my 7 yr old kept asking who he was

The darker angle was much preferred to the Marvel tone

p.s. both Suicide Squad and Civil Wars had trailers beforehand, quite a collective laugh when Spidey appeared at the end

I'd hate to have to lay there for a few hours while they pour that mold on me. But I guess there are worse ways to make money.

(:

assuming the guy was paid, maybe he is a volunteer. :eek:

Assuming the guy was paid, maybe he is a volunteer. :eek:

You made me go look now.

lol

For the blockbuster BATMAN VS SUPERMAN, ADI created two ultra-realistic replicas of the deceased General Zod that would withstand close scrutiny by a camera lense. Fitness trainer Greg Plitt came to ADI for us to lifecast his body from the neck down while our colleague Barney Burman loaned us a headcast of actor Michael Shannon. Once the Shannon headcast was copied both the head and body were run in silicone with a polyfoam fill to make them solid. Tony Matijevich, Brian Clawson, and Tim Leach created both Zod bodies; Denise Baer punched hair; Mike Larrabee painted both Zods.

He most probably was paid, or given free membership to the Jelly of the Month Club Magazine.

Just got out of the theater - not bad but definitely not a great flick. I think my biggest problem was the director seemed to be trying to produce an award winning visual movie from a comic book flick. It comes across as kind of dull compared to the visual masterpiece he was hoping for. Battle scenes were good and the plot definitely made you think rather then just mindlessly enjoying the film. I like deep movies so I give it a B-.

Bosco, when you can can you run the numbers via your tabulations because i'm seeing on twitter that people are reporting Deadpool had a stronger second week than BatmanVSuperman. Not sure if it's an April Fool's belated thing because if that's true that's BONKERS.

Bosco, when you can can you run the numbers via your tabulations because i'm seeing on twitter that people are reporting Deadpool had a stronger second week than BatmanVSuperman. Not sure if it's an April Fool's belated thing because if that's true that's BONKERS.

There's a lot of ways to define 'better'