• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I've been asked by a few people whether it matters to see this film in 3D or not. Anyone know if 3D is worth it?

I saw it in 3D because everything else was sold out. I typically do not like 3D movies; they typically distract me. But this one did not. Not much of an endorsement, but if you extrapolate, that might mean the 3D is decent.

I've been asked by a few people whether it matters to see this film in 3D or not. Anyone know if 3D is worth it?

I saw it in 3D because everything else was sold out. I typically do not like 3D movies; they typically distract me. But this one did not. Not much of an endorsement, but if you extrapolate, that might mean the 3D is decent.

Thanks. I will pass the information along.

Took my oldest son tonight and that was a lot of fun. Was it perfect ? Nah, but I'm going to see it again Sunday with the wife. The son who was with me is not a comic reader and he loved it. Rotten Tomatoes critics are :screwy:lol

JLA is going to be epic. :banana:

I thought Jason Todd and Barbara Gordon were supposed to be in the movie. Did I miss them or were they not in the movie ?

I didn't know JT was supposed to be, but I forgot all about BG. Didn't see her at all. I wonder what happened?

Also, I may be a but behind, but when rumors got out about Zod being turned into Doomsday, didn't they come out and say that wasn't true? Or Michael Shannon did or something?

Took my oldest son tonight and that was a lot of fun. Was it perfect ? Nah, but I'm going to see it again Sunday with the wife. The son who was with me is not a comic reader and he loved it. Rotten Tomatoes critics are :screwy:lol

JLA is going to be epic. :banana:

I thought Jason Todd and Barbara Gordon were supposed to be in the movie. Did I miss them or were they not in the movie ?

Jena Malone's scenes were cut and she will be in the extended edition

Saw it yesterday. Wonderful movie. As I suspected the 30% RT grade was nothing but cheap politics.

Its simple, if you like action packed Marvel style movies - this pup aint for you. If you like deep dark thought provoking movies this ones a keeper.

DC is doing to superhero movies what it did to comics back in the mid to late 80s

Kevin Smith summarizing what he realized after a second viewing of the movie.

Kevin Smith Found The Heart In Batman V Superman On His Second Viewing

"I'd said the film didn't have any heart, but after the second viewing, I actually found the heart in Batman v Superman: it's in the viewer. And the viewer I watched the blockbuster with the second time was all agog, eyes as big as saucers."

"During the Knightmare sequence, we shared a moment that even elevated the flick for me: when the winged New Gods nasties attack Batman and take him down, Jay (age 40) & I (age 45) simultaneously looked at one another and whispered reverently 'ParaDemons.' It was a beautiful moment shared by two lifelong fanboys who were delighted to see their childhood flash before their eyes."

:applause:

Saw it yesterday. Wonderful movie. As I suspected the 30% RT grade was nothing but cheap politics.

Its simple, if you like action packed Marvel style movies - this pup aint for you. If you like deep dark thought provoking movies this ones a keeper.

DC is doing to superhero movies what it did to comics back in the mid to late 80s

Not strictly true - I like both and I guess that plenty of others do as well.

+1000

We just got back from the theatre. My wife and kids loved it. I asked my daughter why and her response was that it was a complex story and that Wonder Woman was awesome. I then asked how it compared to Ant-Man and AoU and she said "Ant-Man is for little kids, and AoU was bad. I like the DC movies better than the Marvel ones because they are more complex." lol

As for my son (10), he loved it as well and thought it was awesome. I asked him if he liked AoU or Ant-Man better and he said no way. He said he liked BvS as much as the first Avengers flick or GoTG.

My wife thought it was a great movie as well. She had some questions about a few things (e.g. Parademons), but she nailed all of the dream sequences as they were starting and had no problem following the story even though she is the furthest thing from a comic fan (she likes the movies and tolerates my "stupid and childish comic habit"). She was actually pissed at the end when they killed Superman. lol

I have no idea why people had problems with the editing or the story. It was easy to follow whether you know anything about the DCU or not (which, granted, most movie goers do not), and sets things up nicely for Darkseid and the Justice League movies IMHO.

Affleck was great as Batman. I was worried going in, but even my wife liked him in the role and she is a big Christian Bale fan. lol

Cavill was fine as Superman again. I liked the fact that Supes showed some more human behavior in the film and lost his restraint when Lois was held hostage at the start.

Gadot was perfect as Wonder Woman. My wife and daughter are excited to see the Wonder Woman film. DC/WB will have a huge franchise on their hands if they do the Wonder Woman movie right as she resonated well with the women I know who have seen the movie.

There were some aspects of the movie that I did not like:

Eisenberg was hit or miss as Lex for me. In some scenes he was overacting too much for my tastes.

I did not care for the whole battle set up by Lex either, but it was probably the easiest way to do it.

Doomsday was way out of proportion as well. They made him look way too much taller/massive than Superman. Using the listed heights from DC, 8'10" vs 6'3", it should not look like cave troll vs. hobbit in the really bad scenes. I did not care for Doomsday's cave troll similarity either. With the amount they spent on CGI that should not have happened.

Overall, I thought the film was great and can't wait for the director's cut/extended blue ray disc to come out. :applause:

Edited by kimik

I have no idea why people had problems with the editing or the story. It was easy to follow whether you know anything about the DCU or not (which, granted, most movie goers do not), and sets things up nicely for Darkseid and the Justice League movies IMHO.

I am one that had problems with editing and story, and it's not because it was hard to follow. The default for finding problems isn't that the person couldn't follow or understand what was going on.

Some of the scenes could've been edited better, some could've been removed. Seemed like at one point it was just back to back to back 30 second clips that just didn't flow right. It was too choppy.

I enjoyed the movie a lot but at times it was muddled and unclear, with scenes that were unnecessary. They could have easily cut 30 minutes from the whole thing.

+1000

We just got back from the theatre. My wife and kids loved it. I asked my daughter why and her response was that it was a complex story and that Wonder Woman was awesome. I then asked how it compared to Ant-Man and AoU and she said "Ant-Man is for little kids, and AoU was bad. I like the DC movies better than the Marvel ones because they are more complex." lol

As for my son (10), he loved it as well and thought it was awesome. I asked him if he liked AoU or Ant-Man better and he said no way. He said he liked BvS as much as the first Avengers flick or GoTG.

My wife thought it was a great movie as well. She had some questions about a few things (e.g. Parademons), but she nailed all of the dream sequences as they were starting and had no problem following the story even though she is the furthest thing from a comic fan (she likes the movies and tolerates my "stupid and childish comic habit"). She was actually pissed at the end when they killed Superman. lol

Affleck was great as Batman. I was worried going in, but even my wife liked him in the role and she is a big Christian Bale fan. lol

Cavill was fine as Superman again. I liked the fact that Supes showed some more human behavior in the film and lost his restraint when Lois was held hostage at the start.

Gadot was perfect as Wonder Woman. My wife and daughter are excited to see the Wonder Woman film. DC/WB will have a huge franchise on their hands if they do the Wonder Woman movie right as she resonated well with the women I know who have seen the movie.

There were some aspects of the movie that I did not like:

Eisenberg was hit or miss as Lex for me. In some scenes he was overacting too much for my tastes.

I did not care for the whole battle set up by Lex either, but it was probably the easiest way to do it.

Doomsday was way out of proportion as well. They made him look way too much taller/massive than Superman. Using the listed heights from DC, 8'10" vs 6'3", it should not look like cave troll vs. hobbit in the really bad scenes. I did not care for Doomsday's cave troll similarity either. With the amount they spent on CGI that should not have happened.

Overall, I thought the film was great and can't wait for the director's cut/extended blue ray disc to come out. :applause:

(thumbs u

YEP. It looks like most critics were off about this.

I am beginning to think the Deadpool movie had quite an affect on the critic`s bias.

They had all just seen how funny Deadpool was, and Batman V.Superman was quite the opposite that put the critics in a awkward movie experience.

The constrast was just to much for the critics.

Overtime the critics will come around. Time will be good to Batman V.Superman.