• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

All the people that normally would are hate-watching BvS right now...

lol

'hate-watching'

The-angry-fanboy.jpg

There was a couple (man-woman) sitting near my party that went to the film that was ad-libbing at certain key points in the movie. It felt like Mystery Science Theater 3000. I wonder if they were 'hate-watching' types. Especially when...

Superman died.

They pretended to sob, which annoyed some folks in the audience.

I'd be curious to see a poll on Batman. Do you like a Batman who kills?

Seems like a ton of debate over this subject. Personally I loved Bats in this movie.

The Martha rescue was amazing!

Batman killing is nothing new, but to a lot of people who haven't read up on his past, its jarring.

Edited by Rip

Sorry to disappoint some folks, I have to proclaim the movie is great. :acclaim:

I can't really say more (shrug)

Somebody spent $200 million so I could devour popcorn and see my favorite superheroes batting it out on the big screen.

So what's to complain about? The $11.50 it cost me? Put it on my tab . . .

Loved it.

Would go again and recommend it to anyone.

Edited by Beardown

Sorry to disappoint some folks, I have to proclaim the movie is great. :acclaim:

Somebody spent $200 million so I could devour popcorn and see my favorite superheroes batting it out on the big screen.

Loved it.

The consensus is we the people loved it, and it`s the critics who snubbed their noses at it.

We get it, and they don`t!

1) The Batman killing thing isn't new -- people just forget about it.

The Honest Trailer of Batman '89 does a great job pointing this out -- showing at least 6 graphic Batman murders in that one, as well as straight attempted murder of The Joker.

2) Sorry Greg -- the whole "we can watch a $200 million for $11.50 equals value" equation is hogwash.

Batman v. Superman was a disappointment & neither should have been nor had to be.

It's pretty bad when Furious 7 is a more fun time at the movies than the first ever meeting of DC's two greatest heroes, let alone Jurassic Park 4.

Not sure if this has already been posted.

zack-snyder-loves-superman-and-batman-v-superman-proves-it/

:applause:

2) Sorry Greg -- the whole "we can watch a $200 million for $11.50 equals value" equation is hogwash.

Batman v. Superman was a disappointment & neither should have been nor had to be.

It's pretty bad when Furious 7 is a more fun time at the movies than the first ever meeting of DC's two greatest heroes, let alone Jurassic Park 4.

See the link (in this post) from Comicopolis. You don't have to agree with it, just recognize that MANY people do. (thumbs u

P.S. Furious 7 and Jurassic Park 4 are for the braindead. Those audiences picked their nose half the movie and ate it the other half. :foryou:

Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice built a foundation for the DC Film Universe by introducing key members of the Justice League in cameo appearances. The film also hinted at a powerful threat that has already made its presence known in Batman's Knightmare sequence. After the release of a scene involving Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) and what appears to be a mysterious creature holding three mother boxes, it's been all but confirmed that the bell has been rung and Darkseid is headed for Earth.

In a recent podcast interview with Empire, director Zack Snyder hinted at the presence of Darkseid in the DC Film Universe and the New God's true intentions. "Maybe he exists out there in the universe," teased the Justice League Part One director. "Maybe he's looking for something. Something that is against life?"

Loved it.

The consensus is we the people loved it, and it`s the critics who snubbed their noses at it.

We get it, and they don`t!

With a RT audience score of 72% (compared to AoU's 84%), the consensus is that a lot of people loved this movie, a slightly-smaller lot of people hated this movie and a majority of "we the people" thought it was either "meh" or "above meh".

Doesn't seem like it should be that hard to get :shrug:

Glad to see that Zach Snyder likes Superman but disagree with his way of showing it. Is it so hard to give us a movie that has some levity in it, except the one scene when WW shows up that was totally spoiled by the trailers? I have no problems with somewhat dark movies, especially when Batman is involved, but this one seemed to go over the edge and sucked the fun out of a dream matchup. How about giving us a movie that let's me leave the theater feeling uplifted by the final scenes instead of bummed?

Don't get me wrong, I like the effort and budget and attention to detail that this movie received. It's a dream come true to see superhero movies getting the attention and focus from the major studios. This was a bigtime movie that looked big time on the screen. I like the actors and thought they turned in fantastic performances. Holly Hunter's scene in the courtroom with Supes was incredible. Henry Cavill makes a great superman and Gal was very good with WW. Affleck made a great Batman and even better Bruce Wayne. No complaints on this part of the movie, but dang it just seemed wasted with the overall storyline.

I will watch it again, and maybe it will grow on me, but for now I'd rather see The Force Awakens again and maybe a few more times before catching BvS. This is a superhero movie that just didn't feel like one. I don't mind the slow start to the movie, but give me a payoff that makes it worth it. Sorry but I didn't feel like it produced on that end.

OK. Saw it tonight with my son. Expectations were low and I was all ready to hate on it, but to my surprise, I honestly liked it. :o

Sure, there were a lot of stupid plot points and a few other things that was overdone, but it was no where near the suck fest that the critics made it out to be. The motivations for Lex engineering the fight didn't make sense until after I heard him cackling at the end, then it all hit me. Whether this is the result of poor execution or just too many editing cuts, we won't know until the extended version comes out, but there's actually some deep thought put into this setup for things to come. I'm guessing unless you're familiar with the mythology, most folks didn't see the bigger story arc that Snyder was trying to weave here through all the CGI glitz.

One thing I disagree with most folks though. I really wasn't impressed with WW's extended cameo. It didn't suck, but it didn't blow me away either. It probably would have been better to omit the other cameos as well.

Was also expecting an empty theater at the 7:00pm showing, but a pretty good crowd showed up tonight. I say it about 2/3 full. Not bad for a Wednesday night I would imagine.

Took my oldest son tonight and that was a lot of fun. Was it perfect ? Nah, but I'm going to see it again Sunday with the wife. The son who was with me is not a comic reader and he loved it. Rotten Tomatoes critics are :screwy:lol

JLA is going to be epic. :banana:

I thought Jason Todd and Barbara Gordon were supposed to be in the movie. Did I miss them or were they not in the movie ?

Warner Bros.' LexCorp viral site has released a statement about the status of their company and its founder following the events of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.

ZrwvJsu.png

:sick:

Despite the fact that I liked the movie, the worse part of it for me was watching this guy on screen channeling his inner Lex "Joker" Luthor.

Warner Bros.' LexCorp viral site has released a statement about the status of their company and its founder following the events of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.

ZrwvJsu.png

:sick:

Despite the fact that I liked the movie, the worse part of it for me was watching this guy on screen channeling his inner Lex "Joker" Luthor.

Yeah, I'd say that was the most annoying part of the movie. Lex to me, has always been a character that has exhibited control and wants to exude control. This guy was twitching all over the place. It would have been more acceptable if he referred to himself as Lex Jr. and giving us the impression that the "real" Lex Luthor had died off.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/31/batman-v-superman-fan-theory-joker-suicide-squad-ben-affleck

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has just passed $500m (£347.8m) at the global box office despite being the worst superhero movie since Condorman, and we all need cheering up."

a) It obviously wasn't that bad, but :roflmao:

b) Posits that Leto's Joker is actually Jason Todd

Former Superman actor Dean Cain has watched the movie, and shares his review. But he dives right into the spoilers.

Dean Cain Reviews BATMAN V SUPERMAN

"My son hated it because Superman died. It made me very happy that he took it so personally and that he has such a strong connection to the character (laughs). The movie obviously was so well made; the effects were incredible. It was too long, though, and I admit, I dozed off a tiny bit, but maybe that's because I was tired after a lot of traveling. Ben was great as Batman and Henry is a very good Superman. This incarnation is so dark compared to the lightness of the Superman I've grown to know and love, as seen in the two versions that I grew up with — Christopher Reeve and myself. That's the only difference to me. [This movie] inhabits a dark world and Superman is such an alien in that world. Wonder Woman is really easy on the eyes, and I love that they introduced the other guys, the Justice League, because those stories are very cool. I loved how they did that. But I don't see how you have a Justice League without Superman."

Wait until his Supergirl cast mates explain what happens to Superman.

:whee: