• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Weta Working On VFX For BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

In a new interview with Collider, visual effects supervisors Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon of Weta Digital spoke of their upcoming projects. The New Zealand-based company, having previously worked on Avatar, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Lord of the Rings, among others, are currently providing VFX for The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies; they have now revealed they're on board Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as well. "We are working on the Man of Steel sequel, yes," they confirmed. "We can’t say much more than that, but we’re excited."

but i didn't know they were on the opening scene in MOS

Weta created the Krypton opening sequence in last year's Man of Steel, but the canvas is open for speculation here. Are they working on Superman sequences, or perhaps creating Wonder Woman's homeworld of Amazon? These are mere guesses, so only time will tell what the acclaimed and groundbreaking company will do. Batman v Superman hits theatres May 6th, 2016.

Is Gal Gadot already done working on ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’?

The model-turned-actress tweeted photos yesterday from the set of her new movie Triple Nine, which has a star-studded cast including Kate Winslet, Aaron Paul, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

I had a feeling it was going to be a very small cameo when the Wonder Woman outfit hadn't been brought out yet.

Jason Momoa Hints At AQUAMAN Being An Anti-Hero In BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

I think it would be really, really fun to play a superhero. You know? I’ve always talked about, like, what’s your favorite. I mean I love Lobo so… but ah… You know. It would be awesome. I don’t know how they do it but… Yea, absolutely I think it would…I just don’t really see myself as a superhero. Yeah, no I mean, they’re kind of written a little different. I don’t know. I just… you know. I’m not wearing a lot of the…I don’t see myself in tights a lot. And ah…I’m more of a, I don’t know, an anti-hero if you will. In life. So, not the smiling, parading to saving the world kind of guy. Yeah, the Hulk would have been fun!

There is either going to be some major 'gotcha' at SDCC where he is not playing Aquaman but rather Lobo or Doomsday, or he is really good at keeping a secret.

hm

3 More Villains Revealed For BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

El Mayimbe of Latino-Review.com has just dropped some wonderful scoops regarding villains that will and will not be in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Let's start with which villains won't be in the mix.

Amanda "The Wall" Waller will also appear in Batman v Superman. El Mayimbe reports: "She's in the movie and plays a very stern and focused senator with an intimidating presence. She doesn't trust Superman. At all. Sees him as a threat and comes up with a counter measure that I won't spoil."

In the comics, her whole family were murdered and this is what gives her that tough as nails presence. You can think of her as a female version of Nick Fury - not that far off. She is best known for recruiting villains for the Suicide Squad and having them perform missions for the government to lesson their sentences. She's been portrayed by several actresses: Angela Bassett in Green Lantern, Pam Grier in Smallville and Cynthia Addai-Robinson in Arrow.

Amanda Waller is tough! Superman is in trouble.

:whee:

:applause:

I know he is standing in a storm. But are they going for a more weathered looking Superman (no play on words meant)?

It's actually a really cool shot.

He certainly looks a lot older.

Jason Momoa Hints At AQUAMAN Being An Anti-Hero In BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

I think it would be really, really fun to play a superhero. You know? Ive always talked about, like, whats your favorite. I mean I love Lobo so but ah You know. It would be awesome. I dont know how they do it but Yea, absolutely I think it wouldI just dont really see myself as a superhero. Yeah, no I mean, theyre kind of written a little different. I dont know. I just you know. Im not wearing a lot of theI dont see myself in tights a lot. And ahIm more of a, I dont know, an anti-hero if you will. In life. So, not the smiling, parading to saving the world kind of guy. Yeah, the Hulk would have been fun!

There is either going to be some major 'gotcha' at SDCC where he is not playing Aquaman but rather Lobo or Doomsday, or he is really good at keeping a secret.

hm

I could definitely see Momoa as Lobo more than I can see him as Aquaman...

the next picture they release should be these

10411190_10153022147671632_3560333363724601483_n.jpg

lol, looks like the next frame would be full metal fellatio. Probably not the best way to kick off an expanded DC universe. :)

BTW: That hi-res picture of Supes has to be him in Gotham. I don't recall ever seeing pictures of Metropolis in comics, movies, games, etc. that depict large factory smoke stacks in the background. That's typically associated with the gritty industrial look of Gotham IMO.

the next picture they release should be these

10411190_10153022147671632_3560333363724601483_n.jpg

lol, looks like the next frame would be full metal fellatio. Probably not the best way to kick off an expanded DC universe. :)

The Superman selfie while forcing a Batman smile is actually pretty funny, whoever the artist was.

Not sure why everything gets sexualized. ??? Is that the newest meme, and hint of friendship and they're automatically butt-buddies and chicken hawks? :facepalm: