• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zero from Image comics

149 posts in this topic

Issue 3, my oh my what a read. I was already high on this book but it's slowly making its way into my favorite read every month. Certainly helps that each issue has a satisfying conclusion to it as opposed to constant cliffhangers that some monthlies do. All in all a really fantastic issue. I hope this book continues for a good long while and maybe finds a relatively stable stable of artists to work on. That's really my only complaint from the series so far, I like some of the art more than the others but none of them have been terrible. Would love to see a set of artists rotate through or maybe if Kot can handle the writing bring in more talented artists and potentially do a bi-monthly since the book isn't tied to the general time constraint of only one artist working on it at once.

Issue 3, my oh my what a read. I was already high on this book but it's slowly making its way into my favorite read every month. Certainly helps that each issue has a satisfying conclusion to it as opposed to constant cliffhangers that some monthlies do. All in all a really fantastic issue. I hope this book continues for a good long while and maybe finds a relatively stable stable of artists to work on. That's really my only complaint from the series so far, I like some of the art more than the others but none of them have been terrible. Would love to see a set of artists rotate through or maybe if Kot can handle the writing bring in more talented artists and potentially do a bi-monthly since the book isn't tied to the general time constraint of only one artist working on it at once.

Each issue feels like you could read them as stand-alone and not worry about continuity. If that continues, it could be longevity.

Pat

Yes, it's set up pretty much exactly like Global Frequency (the series this most reminds me of) in that respect.

I'm really enjoying it. To be honest I wasn't necessarily expecting to - the only other Ales Kot book I had read was Wild Children, which I really wasn't keen on.

This is one of only a few books on my monthly pull - mainly because the stand-alone nature means I don't lose track of a larger story arc from month to month!

Issue 4 continues with more Zero goodness, good action, good drama setting up for future plotlines, great art. Really feel like Jeske's style is perfect for this kind of book and really complimented the story as a whole. This book is certainly one of my favorites right now, up there with Saga, Astro City and East of West

I just re-read #1 before reading #2-4 for the first time. This series is great. I am downloading whatever the govt-plates.zip file was in the back of #4 now.

I havent read 4 but now I'm wishing I had because you make it sound awfully good. This is a book I love after I read it every time but i never get in a rush to read it. I don't know why because I agree, it's been great.

I really enjoyed issue 5. It really connected the arc and made me want to re-read the whole thing together. I really like the theme's its playing with as well as the fact I can read it each month and not have to worry about cliffhangers or an unsatisfactory ending, while still being able to read them together to have an overarching story moving forward month by month. If the rest of this run stays the quality of 1-5 I hope this book has a long and healthy lifespan.

I really enjoyed issue 5. It really connected the arc and made me want to re-read the whole thing together. I really like the theme's its playing with as well as the fact I can read it each month and not have to worry about cliffhangers or an unsatisfactory ending, while still being able to read them together to have an overarching story moving forward month by month. If the rest of this run stays the quality of 1-5 I hope this book has a long and healthy lifespan.

+1

+1

I wasn't so hot on issue 4 but issue 5 brought me right back. This is a well written book.