• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zero from Image comics

149 posts in this topic

9 and 10 were both spectacular and hard hitting, this series has really become my favorite out of everything being published right now. I'll have to re-read the first 10 issues all together as the first re-reading of this book I've done so far, especially to make sense of issue 10 and its importance to the overarching story, however if someone else read it and understood it clearly I'd love to hear your thoughts about it in spoilers of course.

Catching up on my back log. Just finished #9 and #10. #10 was very straight forward, but #9 just raised a bunch of questions for me. I think I know what it meant, but I'm not real sure I know what it meant - regardless, great stuff.

This book is closer to the bottom of the Image sales chart than the top and it doesn't deserve to be - I wish more people were reading it.

Just caught up again - I thought #11 was a fantastic issue, though I agree it was a slow pace. I read these in groups of 3 or so, and as far as I'm concerned, it is one of the best books Image is putting out.

I also agree that the fight scene in the last issue was spectacular, but the way it ended confused me. I'm not sure I get it, but then I'm also not sure there was anything to 'get.'

Anyway, I really like this little experimental book, but it doesn't look like many are bothering to read it.

I really like the covers. Have to say I think the series itself has gone a little off the boil recently, but the kinetic fight scenes in the most recent issue were great. I do wonder what the -script said though...

"They fight. For like, 15 pages"

I think they're telling the story they want how they want. I'm not real sure they are concerned about traditional structure. The plotting, the jumps between past and present, the different art style for every book - I really like it. I'm not sure I would have loved some issues as much as I did though if I did not read them in batches. Others felt issue 11 was weak, but I read it as the first one in a batch of three, and felt it was the best one I read that day.