• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW YORK COMIC CON 2013 NYCC Exclusives

609 posts in this topic

Man, I also feel beat! I met Chuck (aka cbalroman) today and he is just the coolest dude! I thank you very much Chuck for the assist on the Kirkman & Adlard sigs on those blanks, that was clutch.

Got my Panzerfaust books signed today and a few other stuff. Picked up the Batman #24 exclusive which I forgot about yesterday. I also picked up my TWD sketch from Chadwick Haverland and the Hook sketch from Tyler Jenkins. Both books are beautiful; I got a few compliments on the Haverland piece while walking it to the CGC booth.

Got a chance to walk around and enjoy the show a bit; paid Mike Jeter (aka Mr. Mylar) at his booth and overall just had a cool day. It was definitely a good day. :)

Good to meet you yesterday. Sorry if I was abrupt but as you know I was having a hard time keeping it together. lol

You weren't abrupt at all Dre; you told me the whole story of how you almost committed "Hollywood" suicide... Drugs (albeit over-the-counter) and alcohol... lol

I'll make sure to say hi again if I see you today (Saturday).

"Got to Marvel before there was a line and was told that instead of forming a line I had to come back at 10AM because it wasn't fair for everyone else. Made a couple stops and came back fifteen minutes later. It turns out a line had formed and I spent the next hour and a half on it (thanks Marvel!)."

This happened to me too! I was there!!! I was there at 9:50am but the jerk crew leader started screaming at people that it wasn't fair (but then he started letting VIP and premium access people cut the line at will so the regular line didn't move at all lol).

It took me an hour and 45 minutes but I finally got my tshirt (which is all I wanted).

I might have talked to you in line. I was wearing my fight club shirt.

I went Thursday and had a blast. I got some excellent items and walked until my legs couldn't walk anymore. I went with my good friend and we then went for amazing Asian food and drinks later.

I said hi to one boardie I recognized (Ghost Town) and saw a few other dealers but didn't make conversation besides Bob Storms. I was too busy taking it all in at the show. So much to see and I didn't get through it all. Next year I'm going for a couple of days.

My NYCC haul:

null_zpsfbefdbca.jpg

null_zpsfe4ad6e2.jpg

null_zps079d3a4b.jpg

And my favorite from the show, courtesy of Mr. Bob Storms!

null_zps0a60e357.jpg

Thanks Awax ! Its good to have good friends. Emezy hooked me up and this book is going in the old PC along with the SDCC Five Ghosts I got from Frank. This just made my weekend.

Speaking of Frank, did anybody get a chance to visit with him ?

Thanks Awax ! Its good to have good friends. Emezy hooked me up and this book is going in the old PC along with the SDCC Five Ghosts I got from Frank. This just made my weekend.

2e2h.jpg

Got one at CGC with all 3 signatures.

2e2h.jpg

Hahaha that's awesome !!!