• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much is your collection worth(approx.)?

96 posts in this topic

I`m just curious.I was bored the other day so I did an inventory on all my gold(1 book),silver,and bronze age books by grade and current Overstreet price guide values.I was actually surprised.My measley half box of comics that are worth mentioning came out to a grand total of....$4046.00! This was done for sheer curiosity as we all know what a collection is worth and what it will bring are two different things.

From the posts and profiles I read there are bound to be some really high end collections on this board.Would be interesting to see the numbers,eh? hail.gif

I have 6 long boxes of moderns and 2 short boxes of silver/bronze (mostly BA horror, Batman and X-Men). I did a tally of the 2 shorts and they guide out at around 3,800. Not too shabby for a limited budget. I only have one comic that guides at over $100 though, a F/VF copy of Green Lantern 76.

You know,I would`nt change a thing. Each and every book I have was an adventure and a fun expearience.I go through spurts,like when taxes come back,etc.Then the bug really comes out of dormancy.Comics are more than my hobby,they are my passion.But....the rest of you feel that way too,or you would`nt be spending hard earned dollars on them.

one billion ba-jillion million dollars...

somebody throw me a frickin bone here...I'm the boss...need the info...

ok--was $50,000+ (Spideys galore).... new consolidated number $25,000+.... soon to be dwiddled down to $10,000+...

**************SPAM ALERT***************

I'm not sure of the exact figure of my collection, but I'd say that 75-80% are high grade ASM's, so it's a decent chunk of change. And speaking of high grade Spideys, here are some of my dupes! grin.gif

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZcaptainsQ5fofQ5findustryQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

**************SPAM ALERT***************

I'm not sure of the exact figure of my collection, but I'd say that 75-80% are high grade ASM's, so it's a decent chunk of change. And speaking of high grade Spideys, here are some of my dupes! grin.gif

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZcaptainsQ5fofQ5findustryQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

...You probably need a nice ASM #52 in 9.4 then.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i would guess my collection is worth about 40% of the

$500,000 OS says its worth,give or take a million or so.

I mean what value can one place on 5,000 bagged and boarded Image books? 1,000 or so Indy BW books?

But I do have several thousand SA books that I'd think would bring about $10 bucks apeice wholesale. I've spent about $6,000 so far this year and most purchases have been for a fraction of guide. Are my books worth what I paid for them,or what they guide for?

i would guess my collection is worth about 40% of the

$500,000 OS says its worth,give or take a million or so.

I mean what value can one place on 5,000 bagged and boarded Image books? 1,000 or so Indy BW books?

But I do have several thousand SA books that I'd think would bring about $10 bucks apeice wholesale. I've spent about $6,000 so far this year and most purchases have been for a fraction of guide. Are my books worth what I paid for them,or what they guide for?

He wasn't discussing Guide versus Reality.... just getting a rough idea of what everyone is sitting on. tongue.gif

Personally, my collection isn't worth much over $5K and getting smaller.

For every $100 CGC book I sell, I buy some Copper age keys in bulk. Better investment over the long run.