• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Perez has lost sight in his left eye

35 posts in this topic

Anyone know how old GP is ? I really hope he is able to correct it. :wishluck:

I can't help thinking of Wally Wood. :(

It was his 59 or something birthday at the Niagara Falls comic con. They had a cake and stuff.

:( Eyes are so dang important :(

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery!

I met him this past May and he was a stellar dude. His line was insane, and I saw him drawing all day... so when I finally met him at the end of the day I said to him "did you even take a break?" and he's like, "nope, no breaks... you guys pay good money to come in here and meet us and the least I can do is be here for your guys."

Dude, was literally drawing like 10 hours straight with no lunch/dinner breaks (I saw him chowing down a sandwhich mid-sketch!)

Great artist! Better dude!

(loved the M&M shirt)

perez_zps8ebe4d9d.jpg

I have been battling diabetes and high blood pressure. I know what he's going through. Never thought the two would ever affect my eye sight of all things.

My eyes, along with my kidneys, were the first things mentioned to me to take care of when I was diagnosed with hypertension.

Even a one-eyed Perez can draw other artists under the table.

I completely agree.

I get to meet him tomorrow for my first time. I'll take a one-eyed Perez over 99% of the comic artists who have ever picked up a pencil. (thumbs u

I completely agree.

I get to meet him tomorrow for my first time. I'll take a one-eyed Perez over 99% of the comic artists who have ever picked up a pencil. (thumbs u

You will love him. He is exactly as Erndog described him. He was that cheerful and awesome with a really bad head cold at Cincinnati last year.

I completely agree.

You will love him. He is exactly as Erndog described him. He was that cheerful and awesome with a really bad head cold at Cincinnati last year.

I have a few books for him to sign but if I could sweet talk him into doing a five second sketch in my sketchbook, my nerd juices would overflow. :whee:

Perez is one of the friendliest, most engaging, charming, and hardest working for his fans creators I have ever met. I wish him all the best, and hope that he can get his eye fixed once his medical issues are under control.

+47

I met him at NYCC long ago and he was super nice, not just to me but everyone.

Met Perez today and got a sketch in my sketchbook.

Insanely nice and gracious man. I can't say enough about him. I was not disappointed.

I'll post a Project Comic Con report of sorts if I get time tomorrow.