• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

No discussion of Tuesday's episode yet? What's going on?

I am still waiting over a week for someone to comment on my comment that the obelisk is the power core to the psyche-magnitron....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kree

"The Psyche-Magnetron, for example, was a weapon that possesses matter-shaping powers. Whosoever possessed it could conjure up anything ever devised by Kree Science. When its rays hit the user, it could create the device desired by the user and also modify the genetic structure of the body giving it super powers. The Magnetron Power Unit or Power Core was contained in a small shielded box. Unfortunately, it was extremely radioactive and, once outside of the box, it immediately changed its form to a bigger, starred polyhedron. It then emitted the same radiation emitted as the Psyche-Magnetron when it bathed a subject, but in such a high quantities as to burn, blind, and totatally annihilate the senses instantly and, sometimes, even kill the subject in a few minutes. Through its rays, the user gained greater matter-shaping powers, that, unfortunately, were very difficult to control. "

If Carol is appearing in the after credit scenes of Avengers 2, and if she has the same origin, I think it makes sense to have the device that gets her there previewed in shield. It allows them the kind of connection to the big movies they want, while not having anything removed from whatever movie her actual origin takes place in.

The device is Kree, and the aliens shown are Kree, and in the box beside the original 084 in the flash back peggy scene of the pilot was a Kree body.

It all fits, definitely a real possibility we are seeing the beginnings of Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel stuff going on here :whee:

Edited by CBT

My favorite moment was the slow motion bullet bouncing off Crusher Creel's head.

My least favorite moment was when Crusher Creel started talking. I've always pictured him with a gravely voice. The actor playing Creel looks great but his voice didn't seem right to me.

What I didn't like about the slomo bullet part was that the guy was up in the bldg and could have easily shot him from the window instead of carrying that rifle outside and causing a commotion.

What I didn't like about the slomo bullet part was that the guy was up in the bldg and could have easily shot him from the window instead of carrying that rifle outside and causing a commotion.

earlier in the episode he said he was going to try armor piercing rounds, up close, and hope that it would work. He came down because he wanted it point blank, and they zoomed in on the bullet after it was fired in order to show it to be this high end armor piercing round.

The seems much, much tighter right from the start. Seems to know where it is going. The storytelling is much better, the special effects better, too.

I liked that SHIELD is now smaller, more commando. The entire show seems more intimate and manageable ... not a 'sweeping epic' like it tried to be in the first season.

They wouldn't go as far as making the obelisk one of the infinity stones, would they?

I suppose they could, but was one of the infinity stone held inside a kree box, with kree writing on it, with kree dead bodies? Also, the Red Skull went to all that work to find the tesseract which is one, if the nazis/hydra had a second one in a box somewhere, it would be safe to assume he would have known and taken it as well.

earlier in the episode he said he was going to try armor piercing rounds, up close, and hope that it would work. He came down because he wanted it point blank, and they zoomed in on the bullet after it was fired in order to show it to be this high end armor piercing round.

He wouldn't need to be close to shoot him, if he had just shot him from the window when he wasn't even aware of anyone aiming a rifle at his head.

He wouldn't need to be close to shoot him, if he had just shot him from the window when he wasn't even aware of anyone aiming a rifle at his head.

Has to be done that way so he can be stopped. Getting shot in the head from long range? You'd throw your beer at the TV out of boredom.

Pretty much the same idea as Magneto actually having to pick up a gun to kill Mystique in the DOFP Xmen movie, then Wolvie stopping him. Where in a more realistic sense he would have just drove a metal table leg through her head before anyone could stop him. But then the movie would be over in 30 minutes.

I am still waiting over a week for someone to comment on my comment that the obelisk is the power core to the psyche-magnitron....

"The Psyche-Magnetron, for example, was a weapon that possesses matter-shaping powers. Whosoever possessed it could conjure up anything ever devised by Kree Science. When its rays hit the user, it could create the device desired by the user and also modify the genetic structure of the body giving it super powers. The Magnetron Power Unit or Power Core was contained in a small shielded box. Unfortunately, it was extremely radioactive and, once outside of the box, it immediately changed its form to a bigger, starred polyhedron. It then emitted the same radiation emitted as the Psyche-Magnetron when it bathed a subject, but in such a high quantities as to burn, blind, and totatally annihilate the senses instantly and, sometimes, even kill the subject in a few minutes. Through its rays, the user gained greater matter-shaping powers, that, unfortunately, were very difficult to control. "

If Carol is appearing in the after credit scenes of Avengers 2, and if she has the same origin, I think it makes sense to have the device that gets her there previewed in shield. It allows them the kind of connection to the big movies they want, while not having anything removed from whatever movie her actual origin takes place in.

The device is Kree, and the aliens shown are Kree, and in the box beside the original 084 in the flash back peggy scene of the pilot was a Kree body.

It all fits, definitely a real possibility we are seeing the beginnings of Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel stuff going on here :whee:

hm Interesting hypothesis... very interesting.

I like where you are going with this idea!

Another reason to tune in.

hm Interesting hypothesis... very interesting.

I like where you are going with this idea!

Another reason to tune in.

It fits with our hypotheses regarding Skye, as well, especially considering that the Kree have been formally introduced into the Marvel TV/Movie Universe in GotG.

yet that is what he said ahead of time, and what he followed through and did, and why it was filmed that way....

please make skye ms marvel :wishluck:

That would be cool, but highly unlikely. My opinion is that she is either Inhuman (made by Kree) or a Human/Kree hybrid, or a pink Kree. Each of which lead to several possible names of who she could be....

Edited by CBT

Last Tuesday's episode was lowest-rated MAOS episode ever. Ugh.

"Heavy is the Head" managed a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo and scored only 4.54 milion viewers, an all-time series low for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=108526#uVOKgv7JB77iHPrX.99

Last Tuesday's episode was lowest-rated MAOS episode ever. Ugh.

"Heavy is the Head" managed a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo and scored only 4.54 milion viewers, an all-time series low for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=108526#uVOKgv7JB77iHPrX.99

ABC (Disney) will keep this show on even with mediocre ratings, and if it ever is a candidate for cancellation Netflix would nab it in a heartbeat.

That would be cool, but highly unlikely. My opinion is that she is either Inhuman (made by Kree) or a Human/Kree hybrid, or a pink Kree. Each of which lead to several possible names of who she could be....

...medusa maybe??? segway to possible vin diesel as black bolt?....

...medusa maybe??? segway to possible vin diesel as black bolt?....

Prior to the casting of quicksilver and their scene in Cap 2, I had been leaning towards Luna as a possibility. But Quicksilver is the same age, and they have shown her father now.

Joss Whedon LOVES LOVES to make shows about a girl who ends up having powers/being more than she appears. Skye imo will eventually be powered up in some way, just a matter of time. Given how the show has gone, and how they seem to choose their stuff, I would guess that if Skye is something very obscure and not a known name.

Currently I have a couple different theories on some VERY obscure comic characters I think she might be. (bought some copies of all my possible hunches, cause they are all generally cheap books).