• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION COMICS #15 GOLDEN AGE. ORIGINAL RAW. FOR SALE!

97 posts in this topic

I don't think Jim was defending the OP. He was just making a funny.

Ah gotcha - I just misread it.

Jimbo knows I'm a lifelong fan of his.

Sorry, Jimbo.

:cool:

..... s' OK dawg...... I'm so damn handsome and virile that minor philosophical differences are meaningless to me :sumo: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I think I'll put on a pair of Pampers and go to bed where Judy can fullfill my SUMO/ Geisha Girl fantasy......

Just a cardinal waste of my time - should we get this guy HOS'd?

I'm more interested in where "cardinal", as an adjective, comes from. hm

Most familiar as "cardinal sin," I think. Or "cardinal victory" over Dodgers.

I don't think Jim was defending the OP. He was just making a funny.

Ah gotcha - I just misread it.

Jimbo knows I'm a lifelong fan of his.

Sorry, Jimbo.

:cool:

jimbo doesn't want/need/acknowledge your apology, you foreigner.

Just a cardinal waste of my time - should we get this guy HOS'd?

I'm more interested in where "cardinal", as an adjective, comes from. hm

Cardinalis means "that upon which a door hinges, pivotal" in Latin, from cardo, "hinge, pivot". From this it acquired its secondary meaning, "important, principal", which it still has in English (e.g. a cardinal sin).

Thank you. This thread has gone from a waste of time to an educational delight.

The description is hilariously incorrect as we all know. 5th Superman appearance, wrong. First appearance of Batman?!? Wrong. Don't see how an August 1939 book can somehow have an earlier appearance of Batman considering he appeared three months earlier in May 1939. (Now Action 12 as we know did have a few weeks earlier Batman app in May 1939)

No even slightly intelligent collector would assume that Superman's 15th appearance his is fifth or that this book is worth "$10,000" magically. :roflmao:

Good fun entertainment, thanks for sharing the link DK.

Fellow's just trying to make a dollar..... nothing wrong with aiming for the fence. A mentor once told me about pricing, " You can always come down, but you can't go up...." GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree completely that he can ask what he wants to.

The problem is that he's obviously not forthcoming with pertinent information, large scans or communication and that is more likely than not intentional.

I offered him more than what he got for the #247, I simply needed large scans to consumate the deal. He wouldn't provide them. When he announced to me that it was sold, that was all I needed to know to make me feel better about not getting the book.

Actually, I negotiated about the 247 just before Roy did. And had the same result. Stay away. (thumbs u

The Ebay seller "Jason" says he just picked up this book last month.

His response to me on Ebay:

Just to let you know I purchased this issue 1 month ago in Windham NH. You are the second person to tell me that I have cracked this comic out of its case. I have not cracked this comic out of its case nor did I purchase this issue with it in a CGC case. second off this is the 5th full cover of Superman Action Comics #13 being the 4th. 3rd Thank you for the info it is the second ad for batman and have made a note of this in the ad. I am happy for you to discuss this in any forum and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Jason

The description is hilariously incorrect as we all know. 5th Superman appearance, wrong. First appearance of Batman?!? Wrong. Don't see how an August 1939 book can somehow have an earlier appearance of Batman considering he appeared three months earlier in May 1939. (Now Action 12 as we know did have a few weeks earlier Batman app in May 1939)

No even slightly intelligent collector would assume that Superman's 15th appearance his is fifth or that this book is worth "$10,000" magically. :roflmao:

Good fun entertainment, thanks for sharing the link DK.

Hey no problem Bat-man :cool: These boards need to have a laugh every once in a while :grin:

The Ebay seller "Jason" says he just picked up this book last month.

His response to me on Ebay:

Just to let you know I purchased this issue 1 month ago in Windham NH. You are the second person to tell me that I have cracked this comic out of its case. I have not cracked this comic out of its case nor did I purchase this issue with it in a CGC case. second off this is the 5th full cover of Superman Action Comics #13 being the 4th. 3rd Thank you for the info it is the second ad for batman and have made a note of this in the ad. I am happy for you to discuss this in any forum and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Jason

I was the first to inform him that it was cracked out of a CGC case as a 1.8.. I asked how much he wanted for it, he said $3k. I said this same book sold for around $1850 last month as a 1.8.. Until now, he still denies it is the same book doh!