• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION COMICS #15 GOLDEN AGE. ORIGINAL RAW. FOR SALE!

97 posts in this topic

Yes,and still has not met his reserve.

It's probably almost a $2K book in that grade. Last 1.8 (which may have been this one) sold for $1850 a month or so ago.

It's at $1,601 with 2 hrs left. Nothing wrong with flipping and trying to make a few bucks; but he knows this is that cracked out 1.8, and he's trying to sell it as much higher while denying the grade the whole time. I don't think he is going to break even here. Wouldn't be surprised if he shills it at the last minute to avoid taking a loss.

It's at $1,601 with 2 hrs left. Nothing wrong with flipping and trying to make a few bucks; but he knows this is that cracked out 1.8, and he's trying to sell it as much higher while denying the grade the whole time. I don't think he is going to break even here. Wouldn't be surprised if he shills it at the last minute to avoid taking a loss.

But if it’s not the same copy it’s just an assumption that he bought it slabbed.

OK, poor listing, poor etiquette (and knowledge of the rules), poor communication, and these are all bad but basically not dishonest, while by saying he cracked it out implies a degree of dishonesty of which you can’t be sure.

Bat-Man was pretty sure of that, but the fact that this was slabbed before does not mean he bought it that way… (shrug)

Even if innocent he shouldn't deny the cracked-outedness of this book. His response should be, at worst, "prove it."

It was proven; right here on the boards. For him to deny that he is selling the same book that was once (recently) and CGC 1.8 is ridiculous, especially considering he has been steered to this thread. I am sure he is the same guy who came on here to sell it, because from the start of this thread to the time it was listed on the Bay, all of two weeks went by. He stopped replying to the thread here after it was called out it his book is a former CGC 1.8.

Even if innocent he shouldn't deny the cracked-outedness of this book. His response should be, at worst, "prove it."

It was proven; right here on the boards.

I wasn't doubting the story of the book at all. My point is if he is acting innocent when contacted via ebay, he still shouldn't respond by flat-out denial. I'm sure any of our reputable dealers here would take an accusation like that very seriously and want to know if there was any history that contradicted their listing.

It was proven; right here on the boards.

I wasn't doubting the story of the book at all. My point is if he is acting innocent when contacted via ebay, he still shouldn't respond by flat-out denial. I'm sure any of our reputable dealers here would take an accusation like that very seriously and want to know if there was any history that contradicted their listing.

Mostly it shows a shady attitude: there is no problem in selling a non-restored book broken out of its grading case, because after all CGC is made for grading, but the absolute denial that IT COULD have been previously professionally graded is what makes the whole thing a bit nutty. :screwy: