• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I want to get all the JLA and Batman villains from SS. I started late so I need some catching up to do. Still need Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, Not crazy about the GL though and i'm waiting to see if they make a Blue/Grey Batman variant, Now Darkseid, Aquaman, Dr. Doom, Spider-Man, Poison Ivy Green are all coming....Feeling the squeeze!

I'm excited. SS Daredevil PF was sold out and I was on a waitlist. Just got word that I've been converted to an order. Can't wait to get my first big comic statue.

I'm excited. SS Daredevil PF was sold out and I was on a waitlist. Just got word that I've been converted to an order. Can't wait to get my first big comic statue.

Congrats. The solicitation-photos make it look insane. Maybe the best DD interpretation in sculpture to date. The texture detail between his costume and boots/gloves, fabric seams, the face, horns, pose, everything. Badazz.

300169-product-thumb.jpg

I've got the DD SS on order myself and it's grown on me 10 fold. I think it looks awesome, can't wait!

I really like the pose and head sculpt of that XM Studios DD, but the costume is blahhh (though they have said they are changing the boots) and the base absolutely sucks (they've said they are working on that too). So I guess it's a wait and see, but for now, I'll pass on it. It's going to command huge bucks (all XM Studio statues do) and it's kinda weak imo. The SS is definitely better.

I want to get all the JLA and Batman villains from SS. I started late so I need some catching up to do. Still need Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, Not crazy about the GL though and i'm waiting to see if they make a Blue/Grey Batman variant, Now Darkseid, Aquaman, Dr. Doom, Spider-Man, Poison Ivy Green are all coming....Feeling the squeeze!

GL looks better in person. I was on the fence and pulled the trigger just before they sold out, and I don't regret it.

I very much regret not POing this when I first saw it

It's a doozy.

They are going for $2-$3K on eBay now.

Any word on if XM is ever going to get a licence for North America?

And that video was pretty cool, guy has a great collection!

It's a doozy.

It's a great piece, but I get the impression that a lot of people bought this one to flip at some point down the line due to the hype surrounding it, so these will be around for sale for a while. 3K for a newly released piece is nuts. In the long run it may hold value, but in the short-term I see this piece cooling off a bit when the hype dies down. So if someone is looking to pick this up, I'd wait 6 months to a year.

This is very much an "out with the old, in with the new" type hobby and people are selling stuff all the time to fund new purchases. I can't recall a statue being hyped to this extent.

It's a doozy.

XM's current license doesn't allow selling to NA for the next year or two I believe. Also included is that they can't make a brown suit wolverine yet. SS currently holds that right for another year. Same with the spiderman universe, they can't make him either. However their Dr. Octopus concept is up and probably won't be for preorder for some time.

The Magneto will eventually come down a little in price from the near 3k mark and probably settle for around 2k-2.5k. I believe only 800 were made and none of their statues will exceed a 999 edition size. Their equivalent of a limited edition of their runs include a silver plated coins for their comic version statues, which people will pay a premium to get, even though it's only a coin (I think these are only 30% of the ES). I have a feeling Thanos will be flipped for nearly the same price.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

It's a doozy.

XM's current license doesn't allow selling to NA for the next year or two I believe. Also included is that they can't make a brown suit wolverine yet. SS currently holds that right for another year. Same with the spiderman universe, they can't make him either. However their Dr. Octopus concept is up and probably won't be for preorder for some time.

The Magneto will eventually come down a little in price from the near 3k mark and probably settle for around 2k-2.5k. I believe only 800 were made and none of their statues will exceed a 999 edition size. Their equivalent of a limited edition of their runs include a silver plated coins for their comic version statues, which people will pay a premium to get, even though it's only a coin (I think these are only 30% of the ES). I have a feeling Thanos will be flipped for nearly the same price.

I believe the silver coins are 50% of ES. I think I read that on their website and they used the example of when a statue has 500 ES, the coin is available for the first 250 PO's. Basically a way they say "thanks" for pre-ordering.

I didn't know that about them not being allowed the Spidey universe... so how are they making the Doc Ock? I saw that a couple weeks ago and I didn't like it. He looks to chubby, as if he's pregnant.

I think the Thanos is going to sell at Magneto levels as well. Those are probably their 2 best statues imo.

We know that Sideshow is starting a new Spidey line, and they are making a brown suit Wolverine, so those restrictions make sense.

I follow the XM threads on the statue forums and from my understanding XM can not make a brown wolverine until SS reveals there's. XM also said that when they do, it will be a completely different sculpt from there other wolverine that they already have showed. As far as Spidey since they are starting with Doc Ock then they already have been approved for the entire line but they are starting with the key villains first.

As for XM's Dr. Oct design, I'm pretty disappointed. I would have preferred something more modern and hopefully the gun is removable. I remember him being chubby, but not that big. XM is pretty responsive to fan feedback, so hopefully they look into it.

10890723_1573098526268720_1162444201_a_zpsyewtdr2i.jpg

It's probaby because I'm a fan of Molina in Spidey 2 with the trench coat look.

Edited by AnthaiHERO