• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Well, I guess I collect statues now. I just ordered a SS PF Stormtrooper, and while I was at it, I went ahead and got on the waitlist for the Boba Fett PF exclusive. And now I'm already debating about the Black Widow, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman PFs. :ohnoez:

Well, I guess I collect statues now. I just ordered a SS PF Stormtrooper, and while I was at it, I went ahead and got on the waitlist for the Boba Fett PF exclusive. And now I'm already debating about the Black Widow, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman PFs. :ohnoez:

What's cooler to look at....

A storage shelf filled with long boxes?

Or a shelf filled with premium format statues that are 20-26 inches high and made with different types of multi-media?

It's no contest.

Or collect both like me ;)

I just need to slow my roll. I can see myself buying several right out of the gate. I like a simple comic room instead of a more cluttered one. Mine is currently very sparse, so I look forward to having a centerpiece or two. Beyond that, though, I hope I can limit my "gotta have 'em all" mentality when it comes to my favorite characters.

Darkseid looks great but i have the XM Thanos on order :acclaim:

Have Thanos on PO as well and should be receiving my XM Magneto sometime late next week

Unfortunately I passed on both due to other upcoming preorders. Thanos and Magneto will easily bring in secondary market dollars.

Just received this today, very pleased with how it turned out! Sorry for the very basic pics.

Packed away back in the box though until my comic room is ready to display it properly (maybe another year from now)

Enjoy!

IMG_20150109_175411_zpsb6b0bdc2.jpg

IMG_20150109_175501_zpsa2721eb2.jpg

IMG_20150109_175433_zps983a3df2.jpg

COI you must be pumped up about the Aquaman PF coming, I know I am, However I still need Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman, might wait out Batman and see if they do a blue/grey version. WW you can get pretty much anytime with that huge ES.

Yeah, definitely looking forward to it; Darkseid as well.

Sideshow is doing an amazing job with the DC line.

Well, that was a mess. I'm calm now, but wow.

I got the email that my Catwoman PF was being shipped. I work in a clinical lab (I was also on-call for jury duty, and I had to check every night), and with the holidays being a hot time to be off, we were already at the minimum staff we needed, and I couldn't leave work. I was also the only trained individual that was still in town to work one set of equipment, because we have two new techs, one of whom I was training.

So, UPS brought the package, and I wasn't home, they left a note that they would return the next day. . . at the exact same time (I'm fine with having to sign for it, though my office usually signs for everything).

I called UPS and asked if I could just pick it up. I don't trust this driver because I saw him kick the last box, my Harley PF, when he put it down to go through the gate (and I was less than pleasant about that), as I caught him at the last second. They said that Sideshow restricted it, so that I couldn't pick it up. So, I asked if they could please try to deliver it after 2:00 pm. They told me to sign up for a online account, which wouldn't let me do anything (and had a surprising amount of information already known about me). I also left a note on the door. I also tried to get in touch with Sideshow. He brought it at 1:00 pm again, and left another note that he would try final delivery again between 10:30 and 1:00 pm. I called UPS again. No go.

The third day, I got home as early as possible (1:15 pm). Missed him by 15 minutes. I call UPS again, and was told, this time, that they hold all packages that require signatures for 5 days before shipping back, and that I could now pick it up. So, this past week, I got stuck at work late every day, but I get ready to go pick it up 25 minutes from my place one day, when I get an email that it's already back at Sideshow. I reply that I still want it. No response. So, I get on the customer service live chat on Thursday, they tell me they've already refunded the money, but try Returns. So, I immediately call Returns, and leave a message, but haven't heard back.

Luckily, I've at least talked with someone at Sideshow on that live chat to where I can do pick-ups, if I let them know early, so this won't happen again.

I've had a lot of problems with UPS (one time, the driver scanned a package and said he delivered it to a neighbor, when I was home, in order to avoid getting in trouble for not getting the package delivered by the 10 am deadline. . . made me three hours late leaving for vacation).

Does anyone know why a shipper would even be allowed the option to restrict pick-up? What does it matter if it was delivered or picked up?

Well, that was a mess. I'm calm now, but wow.

I got the email that my Catwoman PF was being shipped. I work in a clinical lab (I was also on-call for jury duty, and I had to check every night), and with the holidays being a hot time to be off, we were already at the minimum staff we needed, and I couldn't leave work. I was also the only trained individual that was still in town to work one set of equipment, because we have two new techs, one of whom I was training.

So, UPS brought the package, and I wasn't home, they left a note that they would return the next day. . . at the exact same time (I'm fine with having to sign for it, though my office usually signs for everything).

I called UPS and asked if I could just pick it up. I don't trust this driver because I saw him kick the last box, my Harley PF, when he put it down to go through the gate (and I was less than pleasant about that), as I caught him at the last second. They said that Sideshow restricted it, so that I couldn't pick it up. So, I asked if they could please try to deliver it after 2:00 pm. They told me to sign up for a online account, which wouldn't let me do anything (and had a surprising amount of information already known about me). I also left a note on the door. I also tried to get in touch with Sideshow. He brought it at 1:00 pm again, and left another note that he would try final delivery again between 10:30 and 1:00 pm. I called UPS again. No go.

The third day, I got home as early as possible (1:15 pm). Missed him by 15 minutes. I call UPS again, and was told, this time, that they hold all packages that require signatures for 5 days before shipping back, and that I could now pick it up. So, this past week, I got stuck at work late every day, but I get ready to go pick it up 25 minutes from my place one day, when I get an email that it's already back at Sideshow. I reply that I still want it. No response. So, I get on the customer service live chat on Thursday, they tell me they've already refunded the money, but try Returns. So, I immediately call Returns, and leave a message, but haven't heard back.

Luckily, I've at least talked with someone at Sideshow on that live chat to where I can do pick-ups, if I let them know early, so this won't happen again.

I've had a lot of problems with UPS (one time, the driver scanned a package and said he delivered it to a neighbor, when I was home, in order to avoid getting in trouble for not getting the package delivered by the 10 am deadline. . . made me three hours late leaving for vacation).

Does anyone know why a shipper would even be allowed the option to restrict pick-up? What does it matter if it was delivered or picked up?

Why would that even make sense? How is delivering to your house safer than having you pick it up in person with ID?

Not sure about your shipping question, but you're lucky to be getting Catwoman so early. Most of ours have been delayed due to some sort of dock worker's strike.