• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Well, this is getting exciting. My wife got the Poison Ivy Bombshell around Thanksgiving, she got me a Bowen Ms. Marvel for X-mas. Then we were at a LCS on New Years, so 25% off led to my wife acquiring the Zatanna Bombshell and now we placed a down payment on the Harley Quinn Bombshell!!!

Just waiting on DC to make the Catwoman Bombshell statue... :taptaptap:

Well, this is getting exciting. My wife got the Poison Ivy Bombshell around Thanksgiving, she got me a Bowen Ms. Marvel for X-mas. Then we were at a LCS on New Years, so 25% off led to my wife acquiring the Zatanna Bombshell and now we placed a down payment on the Harley Quinn Bombshell!!!

Just waiting on DC to make the Catwoman Bombshell statue... :taptaptap:

Nice! I have the Canary.

Anyone has any experience or thoughts on the Sideshow Superman Premium statue?

I am thinking about saving up for one and they look to be readily available.

I like the realism of this piece more then the Christopher Reeves version.

I actually just ordered the Superman premium format yesterday....

I've seen it in person a number of times and it is amazing! Truly jaw dropping.

It's very large and an iconic pose. I like how he doesn't seem too young or too old either.

I can't wait to get mine in!

It's very large and an iconic pose. I like how he doesn't seem too young or too old either.

Sweet...Can you send me a pic once you get it? I haven't seen one in person before

Do these statues require assembly? Nevermind

I see that there have been quality issues with some. Such as crossed eyes or the capes not fitting correctly. Has anyone seen this?

Edited by Dwitkin82

Good buy. It's one of my favorite pieces.

supespf10_zps205fa8b9.jpg[/img]

supespf1_zpsf7b1b705.jpg

supespf5_zps28ef22a6.jpg

Edited by COI

After spending the weekend reading this thread and perusing various statue forums, it's time I (briefly) came out of my self-imposed Collectors Society exile. I've never purchased a statue, but I've been debating between the Sideshow Batman figures (Poison Ivy, Catwoman, or Batman himself) or buying up some of their Star Wars statues (would start with the stormtrooper).

Now, however, I've learned that ARH has the Frazetta and Tarzan license and are producing some 1/4 statues (and, if all goes well, they'll get to my favorite: John Carter of Mars). The images I've seen look great, and I'm eager to buy my first piece (although having my first piece be something so large is a bit daunting).

Anyway, I've got a couple questions I hope someone might try to answer:

First, some of the ARH statue photos make 'em look like they have shiny skin, or that the paint jobs aren't as good as, say, Sideshow. Is that typically true in hand, or is that simply poor photography skills? Would you say that ARH has painting standards that match the other manufacturers?

Second, I've read about and seen some individual figures from a variety of manufacturers that don't stack up to their for-sale photos. For example, sometimes a figure's eyes aren't right (either slightly cross-eyed or one eye is bigger than the other). For most manufacturers, if you get a statue you're unhappy with, can you get a replacement? Or is this one of those instances in which you cross your fingers when you open a box?

I'm a noob with statues, and I know discussing new items is more fun than relating facts and opinions to the new guy, so I appreciate your responses.

If there is a defect you can definitely send it back. Although sometimes they just want proof you destroyed the statue. If you just don't like it? Well, there is a decent chance you can sell if for money than you bought it for if it is sold out and you got one of the originals directly from the company.

I am very impressed with the ARH statues. I would say there is a 90% chance I get the Death Dealer. And yes, 1/4 scale is huge. I have also not heard any issues with them using PVC like Sideshow has started to do.

COI you must be pumped up about the Aquaman PF coming, I know I am, However I still need Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman, might wait out Batman and see if they do a blue/grey version. WW you can get pretty much anytime with that huge ES.