• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

This leads me to a different question.

The Superman PF statue is readily available on both the official Sideshow site as well as eBay.

However eBay has a few sellers with a "make an offer" option as opposed to the $399 SS has it listed for.

Can anyone think of a reason to not buy it on eBay from a reputable seller for potentially less money?

Well, when you buy from SS you get reward points... Plus guaranteed delivery... And perhaps best of all, if there is any issue with the statue; they will fix it for you.

If you buy on eBay and you open the box and your capes cracked I don't think SS is going to help you there.

If it's only saving a few bucks I would definitely buy from SS.

Erndog is correct. Sideshow will not help you if you received something damaged from a seller. It's up to the seller to work it out with SS.

I like the reward points. I will be using about $500 worth towards the upcoming T800 Maquette. Despite having increased QC issues with sideshow, I've always had excellent customer service from them whether it's a partial refund, returns, or exchanges.

Not sure about your shipping question, but you're lucky to be getting Catwoman so early. Most of ours have been delayed due to some sort of dock worker's strike.

I WAS lucky. Now, I may not get an Exclusive at all.

Why would that even make sense? How is delivering to your house safer than having you pick it up in person with ID?

That was my exact question to UPS. Why would they even offer an option to restrict pick-up? How does that benefit anyone in this scenario?

It doesn't benefit Sideshow, who now has to reprocess the package coming back in AND deal with me now. It doesn't benefit them, who had to lug the same package out here on each delivery attempt, wasting time and efficiency. It doesn't benefit me, because I lost what was the most likely method (given the options available) of receiving an item for which I have already paid.

Just received this today, very pleased with how it turned out! Sorry for the very basic pics.

Packed away back in the box though until my comic room is ready to display it properly (maybe another year from now)

Enjoy!

IMG_20150109_175411_zpsb6b0bdc2.jpg

IMG_20150109_175501_zpsa2721eb2.jpg

IMG_20150109_175433_zps983a3df2.jpg

They keep pushing my delivery date back but it's nice to see these showing up!

Some new additions this weekend

8EE58904-68AE-46C1-9383-ED8BA457B05A_zpsavlkcdww.jpg

Damn. :o Have to say, that Vision is one of the better sculpts posted here imho. Is that Sideshow? Maybe it's the camera angle or lighting, but it looks amazing. If "face and hands" are the hardest, looks like the sculptor has mastered both.

Any idea who the sculptor is?

Nice pick-ups Mark 1.

Damn. :o Have to say, that Vision is one of the better sculpts posted here imho. Is that Sideshow? Maybe it's the camera angle or lighting, but it looks amazing. If "face and hands" are the hardest, looks like the sculptor has mastered both.

Yeah, it's the Vision Premium Format by Sideshow. Sculpted by Tony Cipriano I believe.

I think it's an underrated PF. I'm focusing more on the DC PFs at the moment, otherwise I would have picked one up.

The Superman PF statue is readily available on both the official Sideshow site as well as eBay.

However eBay has a few sellers with a "make an offer" option as opposed to the $399 SS has it listed for.

Can anyone think of a reason to not buy it on eBay from a reputable seller for potentially less money?

Sideshow gives 5% back in reward points, their shipping prices are heavily subsidized (these boxes are huge), and they have replacement parts if you need it. I almost have enough reward points for a free PF at this point, so if you plan on buying multiples pieces, they add up.

Yeah, it's the Vision Premium Format by Sideshow. Sculpted by Tony Cipriano I believe.

I think it's an underrated PF. I'm focusing more on the DC PFs at the moment, otherwise I would have picked one up.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u I mainly want to check out all his other works. And yeah, a quick google-search shows his amazing talent and skill level. Wow.

http://sculpt-fx.com/tony-cipriano/

Tony-Cipriano-clay-sculpture-15.jpgstark_cipriano_01.jpg

Sideshow gives 5% back in reward points, their shipping prices are heavily subsidized (these boxes are huge), and they have replacement parts if you need it. I almost have enough reward points for a free PF at this point, so if you plan on buying multiples pieces, they add up.

I'm not intending on buying multiple statues but then again I'm sure we've all said that at some point.

Lets just pretend that the difference was $100 between eBay and SS what's the smart move?

I'm not intending on buying multiple statues but then again I'm sure we've all said that at some point.

Lets just pretend that the difference was $100 between eBay and SS what's the smart move?

I'd roll the dice for $100, but I'm guessing it'll be tough to find someone who would sell you a Superman PF for $100 less than retail.

Yea I'm really just trying to find where it makes sense financially to go for the savings since it is a "make offer" option

$100

$75

$50???

For $50, I'd rather buy it directly from SS but for $100 I agree eBay makes more sense to me

Also, SS gives you the ability to flexpay.

It might not matter so much with a ready-to-ship statue like Superman, but $55 a month for a preorder is awesome. You don't even feel it.

Actually, I just flex ordered my Superman 2 weeks ago. I could pay it off right now, but why not split it in 2 payments. Easier for the wife to digest ;) and what's waiting an extra month to ship it to me?

Some new additions this weekend

8EE58904-68AE-46C1-9383-ED8BA457B05A_zpsavlkcdww.jpg

Thanks and I have to say it's an amazing statue and the sculpt is insane. Definitely one of the better Sideshow pieces I own. The Ultron piece is also epic.

I am running out of room!