• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

There is a veritable flood of Batman Animated merch coming out these days (thanks Rule of 25!) so it's easy for pieces to slip through the cracks. But I think I'm going to be getting this series of Premiere Statues sculpted by Clay Moore. I got Ivy this week and she's gorgeous. Those deceptively simple Bruce Timm designs are rendered so beautifully.

Sorry, iPad pic.

avif5l.jpg

And with her "big sister" for scale.

30kbu6g.jpg

Made a trip to ikea to grab more bestas. I would of grabbed more but ran out of room. Now I just need to fill them. This month I have XM's Kraven, IS Spider-Man, and if I'm lucky the Chronicle T800 endo but that's likely next month with Mysterio.

20160905_130420_zpspqpyna3o.jpg

20160905_130445_zpspcfubgu2.jpg

20160905_130552_zpsk6vsxsxg.jpg

Off topic, but may be someone here can help me. Does anyone know where I can get a 1:1 replica Creature from the Black Lagoon head/bust. I am looking to spend under $350. I know Sideshow had one, but I am looking for something cheaper that I can paint myself or an unfinished kit.

Thanks for any help!

Here is the Sideshow one, but they are super expensive:

CREATURE_FROM_THE_BLACK_LAGOON_29671_press_01__Copier_.jpg

Off topic, but may be someone here can help me. Does anyone know where I can get a 1:1 replica Creature from the Black Lagoon head/bust. I am looking to spend under $350. I know Sideshow had one, but I am looking for something cheaper that I can paint myself or an unfinished kit.

Thanks for any help!

Not sure about prepainted, but I'm sure I've seen garage kits out there of full Universal Monsters heads/busts, when I've gone to Wonderfest. I'm not handy with model kits so I don't buy them, but I like to look. But I've definitely seen them out there. I don't have any leads, but maybe search creature garage kit and see what turns up, if you're interested in going that route.

Not sure about prepainted, but I'm sure I've seen garage kits out there of full Universal Monsters heads/busts, when I've gone to Wonderfest. I'm not handy with model kits so I don't buy them, but I like to look. But I've definitely seen them out there. I don't have any leads, but maybe search creature garage kit and see what turns up, if you're interested in going that route.

Thanks for the tip, I am after anything as long as it is to scale and fairly accurate to the original movie. hm

EDIT: Found a guy who can make one from the original molds. :headbang:

Made a trip to ikea to grab more bestas. I would of grabbed more but ran out of room. Now I just need to fill them. This month I have XM's Kraven, IS Spider-Man, and if I'm lucky the Chronicle T800 endo but that's likely next month with Mysterio.

20160905_130420_zpspqpyna3o.jpg

20160905_130445_zpspcfubgu2.jpg

20160905_130552_zpsk6vsxsxg.jpg

Looks great!

I have a similar set up. though I added the glass doors. I think they really shine that way.

How do you like those lights? I didn't get any. Have considered it.

Thanks for the tip, I am after anything as long as it is to scale and fairly accurate to the original movie. hm

EDIT: Found a guy who can make one from the original molds. :headbang:

Awesome, can't wait to see it once you get it! The Creature rocks! :headbang:

Looks great!

I have a similar set up. though I added the glass doors. I think they really shine that way.

How do you like those lights? I didn't get any. Have considered it.

Thanks! A part of me is holding out for the tombo doors to get rereleased like they did in some parts of the UK, but it's looking like it won't happen. I'm considering the glassvik since the viewing window would be the best.

As to the lights, I've read they eat through batteries quick, but I'm still using the factory ones without issue. I'm going to pick up a couple more packs.

Anybody have any info on when the Wolverine vs Hulk statue is going to come out?

The Hulk vs. Wolverine Maquette will be priced at $649.99 and is available for pre-order beginning on September 8, 2016!

This is from Sideshow website. :grin:

It's up for preorder now.

Anybody have any info on when the Wolverine vs Hulk statue is going to come out?

The Hulk vs. Wolverine Maquette will be priced at $649.99 and is available for pre-order beginning on September 8, 2016!

:banana:

No brainer with this price.

Thanks for any help!

There's one on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unfinished-Movie-Mold-Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon-bust-/282155506388?hash=item41b1c75ad4:g:HRwAAOSw9IpXxQ~g

If not, check with the forums at www.universalmonsterarmy.com

Or contact Dan at http://www.kitbuildersmag.com He had an unpainted creature resin one at the last horror show I attended this year.

There's one on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unfinished-Movie-Mold-Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon-bust-/282155506388?hash=item41b1c75ad4:g:HRwAAOSw9IpXxQ~g

If not, check with the forums at www.universalmonsterarmy.com

Or contact Dan at http://www.kitbuildersmag.com He had an unpainted creature resin one at the last horror show I attended this year.

Thanks a lot for those links. I actually just got one from this guy: KFX Studios

He makes resin castings, masks, and the full body suit. Mine is identical to the one below except I asked him to leave it unpainted.

s-l1600.jpg