• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Group shot of the JSC Spidey statues from sideshow. I got the Spidey today and was pretty impressed. Like the Gwen, the statue is a lot taller than I thought it would be and does not fit in my glass cabinet. The detail and stand are incredible.

photo.jpg

Knew you'd like that one Justin. I was going to send you the pics when more surfaced.

My initial impressions:

- Waiting on detailed pics of Thor, DD and Doom

- Hellfire Emma is a huge disappointment

- The Pinhead and Fett PFs are incredible. Congrats to collectors of horror and SW

- Glad I already ordered Catwoman and Keaton Batman, as they look great

- Batgirl is a total win for me. Love it, and will order it day one

- I think Powergirl is also great. I'm trying to decide how far I want to take the DC line at this point, otherwise it would be a no-brainer

Will post more pics and videos as the con progresses and stuff surfaces. I'll try to find videos and pictures of all the major Star Wars and comic-based pieces.

10570543_10152386503799145_8016051168678237781_n.jpg

What are these? Sideshow?

It's impossible to tell the scale from the photo. Are they like ultra-high-end Mego? The Batman looks really good, sculpt wise.

I believe that's Sideshow's 1/6 scale line.

10570543_10152386503799145_8016051168678237781_n.jpg

What are these? Sideshow?

It's impossible to tell the scale from the photo. Are they like ultra-high-end Mego? The Batman looks really good, sculpt wise.

Yeah, they're 1/6, highly articulate figures. They're Sideshow's version of Hot Toys, but they're comic based. The Batman is available for order now, and the Joker, Harley Quinn and Catwoman have been out for a bit, so check out some youtube reviews to see what they're all about. They have a long-established Star Wars and G.I.Joe line as well.

Here's that Batman:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-sideshow-collectibles-100090/

Coincidentally, they just announced a comic-based line for Marvel today, and they're starting with Deadpool:

preview_DeadpoolSixthv03.jpg

Wow these look great, can't stop looking. Last thing I need is to start collecting something else.

Run while you can.

Nice lol

Seriously though, if you like these statues, you owe it to yourself to see a few Sideshow pieces in person, if you haven't yet. Pictures do them no justice, and don't convey the kind of presence they have in person.

I've seen many of them at various cons in the past and at the local store/conventions. I agree they usually look better in person.

I think I'm going to break down and get one of the Star Wars ones. Boba Fett or a Snow Trooper will likely be my choice.