• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

JSC Spidey. The paint is sloppy in parts, but it's still a nice piece overall:

photo9_zpsa846317d.jpg

photo7_zps3925980b.jpg

photo5_zpse9626876.jpg

photo4_zps7177aca0.jpg

photo1_zps56fbe214.jpg

So I signed up with Sideshow a couple weeks ago to buy my DD statue and mannnn... do they ever pepper you with emails eh?

Rest assured when I check my email there will be something from Sideshow... sometimes multiple times a day.

15 emails in 12 days is ridiculous.

Wow that "Sups vs. Bats" is so cool! The reverse would be even cooler if it was for me! Is that a custom made one of a kind? Who made it and what's the cost?

From what I understand there was 12 of them made. Not sure who made it but the person who sold it to me is looking into it for me. The cost was more than I should have paid for a statue but not so much that I have buyers remorse.

So I signed up with Sideshow a couple weeks ago to buy my DD statue and mannnn... do they ever pepper you with emails eh?

Rest assured when I check my email there will be something from Sideshow... sometimes multiple times a day.

15 emails in 12 days is ridiculous.

Yeah, they really push their marketing. But the newsletter is the best way to get info about upcoming products and they send some nice offers and coupons from time to time.

Wow that "Sups vs. Bats" is so cool! The reverse would be even cooler if it was for me! Is that a custom made one of a kind? Who made it and what's the cost?

From what I understand there was 12 of them made. Not sure who made it but the person who sold it to me is looking into it for me. The cost was more than I should have paid for a statue but not so much that I have buyers remorse.

There are some great customs out there, yours included, but I stay out of that rabbit hole for a myriad of reasons.

Awesome piece again..Thanks for posting it with the lights on!

Google shows it as Halimaw Sculptures out of the Philippines, produced around 2010.

Halimaw Sculptures Facebook Page

The sculptor comes up as Alex Arevalo, aka Oceansean.

There's some cool images of it on the net.

Superman_Vs_Batman___1_by_imperiumgalaxy.jpg

:applause: AP="Artist Proof". (thumbs u

That's probably where the "12 made" comes in, before any regular production run. (just guessing)

Custom statue makers will always claim "12" or "15" or something along those lines because they're unlicensed pieces, and going above a certain number could potentially have legal ramifications. I see lots of customs that are labeled "AP", and my suspicion is that this done to make more than the claimed 12 pieces without compromising the numbered run.

These guys have the molds, and they will go back and re-make stuff, or re-release them as kits. So you can't really take any of these numbers at face value.