• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Here's my picture of him next to Bats:

batsgl_zps25db859e.jpg

I think they look fine. The size difference is more conspicuous in pictures than it is in person. The problem isn't just GL either; Batman's proportions are also too big. If you put GL next to other PFs, he looks like the same scale. Batman is even chunky next to Superman.

I'm waiting for SS to ship my Superman out. Should have it soon.

To further prove my point, here's GL next to the Punisher PF. You can see that Batman is more of the problem:

glp_zpsdbca86b1.jpg

If anyone held off on buying GL because of this 1/5 junk people who don't have the piece are purporting, I'd forget all that and try to track one down. Prices are already climbing, and it will probably end up having the lowest ES of any first tier character in the DC line.

I've always viewed superman as bulkier than Batman in the comics (prior to the new 52), but based on some pictures of the statue they look the same. I guess batman needs to layoff the roids.

Unrelated note, I predict we'll see a Brown suit wolverine PF within the next two years as SS exclusivity with the size and format expires then and I'm sure they want to have the first one. I'm hoping at SDCC.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

I've always viewed superman as bulkier than Batman in the comics (prior to the new 52), but based on some pictures of the statue they look the same. I guess batman needs to layoff the roids.

Unrelated note, I predict we'll see a Brown suit wolverine PF within the next two years as SS exclusivity with the size and format expires then and I'm sure they want to have the first one. I'm hoping at SDCC.

Yeah, agreed. I think they're going to go crazy with the Marvel stuff for the next two years. I'm sure they'll renew, but you never know with Marvel. Apparently, Bowen is done.

True, they're expensive. I would have to go through BBTS just to get it around $700. I look at XM as an early company whose quality will shrink with success similarly with SS.

Yea you're right and the proof is in the pudding, look at how terrible their DC line has been.... :roflmao::jokealert::kidaround:

I'm not saying SS is terrible. They make some amazing statues. The majority of all of my statues are sideshow. But the quality of the original SS statues such as hulk pf, cap, and Thor are by far better than what they're making now, I.e. hollow statues, poor paint apps, and poor packing. Hell the grey Styrofoam they used was better quality than now. The prototypes used to be close to the product you received. It's a gamble now. I'm willing to bet the number of returns for poor paint apps are significantly higher to what they were 8 years ago. And the prices have gone up quite a bit in those last 8 years. Now we're running into issues where they are not even using the same paint on their prototypes vs the final product I.e. The matte paint used on the JSC spidey is now glossy.

SDCC Proto vs final product

2vkb8yx_zps7ou0drcl.jpg

While I am disappointed that the paint on the Spidey is completely different, I'm even more mad that we saw them on the MJ and Gwen pieces. Both had the same paint apps as the protos and then when we get around to the main attraction they switch it up. The paint app on that Spidey was a selling point for a lot of people, especially me.

+1 Gwen and MJ were awesome and then they botched the centerpiece.

The paint app on the proto is washed out, looks almost orange, spider-man is not orange. I like the darker shade of red and I can see why they changed it.

It's the lighting. The matte paint gave that statue a comic book feel that we rarely see, which is why many people were excited for it, but are now very disappointed.

True, they're expensive. I would have to go through BBTS just to get it around $700. I look at XM as an early company whose quality will shrink with success similarly with SS.

Yea you're right and the proof is in the pudding, look at how terrible their DC line has been.... :roflmao::jokealert::kidaround:

I'm not saying SS is terrible. They make some amazing statues. The majority of all of my statues are sideshow. But the quality of the original SS statues such as hulk pf, cap, and Thor are by far better than what they're making now, I.e. hollow statues, poor paint apps, and poor packing. Hell the grey Styrofoam they used was better quality than now. The prototypes used to be close to the product you received. It's a gamble now. I'm willing to bet the number of returns for poor paint apps are significantly higher to what they were 8 years ago. And the prices have gone up quite a bit in those last 8 years. Now we're running into issues where they are not even using the same paint on their prototypes vs the final product I.e. The matte paint used on the JSC spidey is now glossy.

SDCC Proto vs final product

2vkb8yx_zps7ou0drcl.jpg

While I am disappointed that the paint on the Spidey is completely different, I'm even more mad that we saw them on the MJ and Gwen pieces. Both had the same paint apps as the protos and then when we get around to the main attraction they switch it up. The paint app on that Spidey was a selling point for a lot of people, especially me.

+1 Gwen and MJ were awesome and then they botched the centerpiece.

The paint app on the proto is washed out, looks almost orange, spider-man is not orange. I like the darker shade of red and I can see why they changed it.

It's the lighting. The matte paint gave that statue a comic book feel that we rarely see, which is why many people were excited for it, but are now very disappointed.

I have to agree.

I always thought the original 1/4 comiquette is very overrated, and one of the reasons is the shiny paint (the other is the head sculpt). It's disappointing that they went that route again instead of going forward with the prototype, especially since the proto matches the paint on Gwen and MJ. Really baffling. It's still a nice piece, but now I'm more inclined to wait for the ASM 2 PF.

Yeah, agreed. I think they're going to go crazy with the Marvel stuff for the next two years. I'm sure they'll renew, but you never know with Marvel. Apparently, Bowen is done.

Is bowen done completely with marvel for certain? On an unrelated note, has anyone ordered anything from Rockys vault on the bowen page? They have some really cool older statues at good prices

I really like the GL PF, too bad I missed it and he's not getting any cheaper.

If you're content with getting the regular and not the exclusive, they're not that much more on the secondary market than what they originally sold for.

I wish this custom BiB comiquette was mass produced.

bran_spidey_27_zpsveprrlry.jpg

dscn1860_zpsyvcfvlid.jpg

There must be quite a few of those Iron Spider statues with broken legs, just ripe for customization.