• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM IH 182 - Grade in - last chance to guess.

23 posts in this topic

I can't go above 8.5 here. It is beautiful, indeed. The back cover is almost blinding. what puts me at 8.5 is the piece of food/dirt on the leftish edge of the BC (mid/bottom), slight dirt/soiling on the spine (apparent at the URC of the spine BC), also the tiny tiny scratch on the FC above Incredible Hulk in the Marvel Comics Group Box. that could just be the scanner magnifying things that are very small though.

I can't go above 8.5 here. It is beautiful, indeed. The back cover is almost blinding. what puts me at 8.5 is the piece of food/dirt on the leftish edge of the BC (mid/bottom), slight dirt/soiling on the spine (apparent at the URC of the spine BC), also the tiny tiny scratch on the FC above Incredible Hulk in the Marvel Comics Group Box. that could just be the scanner magnifying things that are very small though.

I partially agree with you. Though I don't think that is a piece of food. I am more concerned with the scratch FC. This book had a dot which was very similar and received a 9.0, when I subbed it. Can't find the BC scan.

RAD5FFFA201371_10587_zps0610c54e.jpg

I am thinking 9.0. 8.5 would not surprise me but neither would 9.2. Given CGC's recent grading I think the lower end is more probable.

Honestly, I can’t see it being less than 9.0, at least from the scans.

It’s way too pretty to be just a VF range… :)

BTW, I don’t collect CGC but one of the few slabs I have is a FF in CGC 8.5 which looks flawless but has yellowed cover paper – not the case here.