• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collector apps for iPad?

13 posts in this topic

Apologies if this topic has already been discussed but I couldn't find any references to apps when I did a search.

I'm trying to find a good app specifically for managing collections but I can't really tell what's good or bad based on the few reviews I've found... So I turn to the greater wisdom of the boards.

Any recommendations? Things to avoid?

Hi,

Found this software to be excellent. www.collectorz.com/

You can customize any extra fields you want to add, like grade, pedigree etc. Has a huge database of comics with cover pics, dates of publication etc. It can be a bit weak in some areas of GA but has all the Marvel, Atlas etc. Plus you can enter your own data. I've been using it for about 6 years.

Regards

Don

Yeah, collectorz is fantastic. If you're an Apple user, it's also just about your only choice.

Yep, that's about right. Does anyone use Collectorz on Apple across 4-5 devices? Last time I checked, I could only use it on one Apple + one device, and I could not get the company to respond to my questions regarding that. Would not work with 2-3 computers across different networks, 2 iPhones or an iPad or through a browser.

My workaround was to use a spreadsheet viewable/editable on all devices via Dropbox.

Yeah, collectorz is fantastic. If you're an Apple user, it's also just about your only choice.

Yep, that's about right. Does anyone use Collectorz on Apple across 4-5 devices? Last time I checked, I could only use it on one Apple + one device, and I could not get the company to respond to my questions regarding that. Would not work with 2-3 computers across different networks, 2 iPhones or an iPad or through a browser.

My workaround was to use a spreadsheet viewable/editable on all devices via Dropbox.

Doc, I use mine on my Mac, iPhone and iPad with no problems.

Are you using their cloud system? I use their cloud (upload/download from CLZ) and use it without a problem on my iPad, iPhone and iMac.

Are you using their cloud system? I use their cloud (upload/download from CLZ) and use it without a problem on my iPad, iPhone and iMac.

Same here, I also use it on my desktop and laptop. I keep the main collection in dropbox so I never have any synch issues. After any updates I synch it to the collectorz cloud.

I use Collectorz on my MacBook Air, iMac, iPhone and iPad. I use Dropbox to sync my laptop and desktop. I store all my scans in my database and Dropbox sees it as a folder and only syncs the changes. The good thing about that is if I accidentally delete a scan I can pull it back. If the scans are in a separate folder just put it in Dropbox and relink you scans.

For the iDevices I use the Comics CLZ app. Each is a separate sync and does not sync between the apps and I do it from my laptop and not my desktop as the sync is tracked per client. I might be able to get away with setting up a symbolic link to the sync folder and put it in Dropbox and be able to sync from either computer but I'm fine going to my laptop for it.