• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

Read #3 last night. Absolutely loved it. The spin on the characters to bring the present world to the classic Archie franchise is done very well and the the story flows perfectly keeping you interested and on the edge wanting more. I think it's a great touch that they put in a letters page too, very nostalgic.

My only request would be to see more pages each issue. Make some of the issues like the old dollar books of the 70's.

By far the most intelligent story I've seen come to modern comics in a very long time.

The Pepoy variant I had 5 9.8 copies of.... Ebay sales of $60, 66, one board sale of $50 and then last week sold the last one I plan on selling for $35 :shrug:

c08f09deb7d438b3a0ebc0ed37d533ed_zpsb19bcd78.jpg

I would wait until this one comes out. It will probably sell for more then. Folks will want the "Bookends". :)

By far the most intelligent story I've seen come to modern comics in a very long time.

I'm always pushing the book whenever I see a chance, but I'd suggest also trying the 'Life With Archie' series. Such a brilliant 'mature' Archie series, which is where this Afterlife With Archie series takes its nod from. Seriously, that series shocked me with how good it is.

I'm always pushing the book whenever I see a chance, but I'd suggest also trying the 'Life With Archie' series. Such a brilliant 'mature' Archie series, which is where this Afterlife With Archie series takes its nod from. Seriously, that series shocked me with how good it is.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll check it out and see if I like it.

I just saw this this announcement.

Good for Afterlife with Archie! I hope it's around for a long time.

The 2013 Ghastly Award Winners

The Ghastly Award Judges are proud to announce the Winners of the 2013 Ghastly Awards. The Ghastly Award Judges chose the nominees from the books submitted by Comic Creators and Publishers throughout 2013. Winners were chosen by the Judges, Comic Book Creators and the Fans. The Ghastly Judicial Panel congratulates all 2013 Winners and Nominees. It is an honor to be recognized by your fellow professionals for such outstanding work in horror comics.

The 2013 Winners are:

Best Ongoing Title:

Afterlife with Archie (Archie Comics)

Best New Series

(Fan Voting Decided the Winner):

Afterlife with Archie (Archie Comics)

Best Colorist:

Francesco Francavilla (Afterlife with Archie)

Heads up for anyone collecting the series. This months previews I believe will have the TPB for pre-order which will have an exclusive cover.

"The Afterlife With Archie trade collection, in April, will feature a Direct Market “Exclusive” cover.

It’ll be printed on 12 point stock with a matte lamination (to mimic the finish of the individual issues) and a little spot varnish pop out from the shelf. It will also precede the mass market edition by three weeks or more, so comic shops will be able to sell it for that look without any bookstore competition. The mass edition will be then offered to comics shops for May.

"

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/28/comic-stores-to-get-afterlife-with-archie-collection-a-month-before-bookstores/

The Pepoy variant I had 5 9.8 copies of.... Ebay sales of $60, 66, one board sale of $50 and then last week sold the last one I plan on selling for $35 :shrug:

c08f09deb7d438b3a0ebc0ed37d533ed_zpsb19bcd78.jpg

I would wait until this one comes out. It will probably sell for more then. Folks will want the "Bookends". :)

The Veronica cover will likely be ordered more heavily than the Betty one so it will be interesting to see if that dampens pricing on it or not.

This one will be awesome as well :)

**added spoiler tag since picture is a bit big, doesn't actually spoil anything.**

p9xlXyX.jpg

(worship) I haven't seen that one yet.

This book just keeps on giving.

Those Betty covers are going to be in demand with people wanting to make sets of these.

This one will be awesome as well :)

**added spoiler tag since picture is a bit big, doesn't actually spoil anything.**

p9xlXyX.jpg

(worship) I haven't seen that one yet.

This book just keeps on giving.

Those Betty covers are going to be in demand with people wanting to make sets of these.

:o That cover is amazing.