• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

The thing about this too, especially for older generations, is that everybody knows who Archie and his buddies are. It's a part of Americana. There would be lots of innate curiosity about this if it comes to the small screen or big screen. I am excited either way.

You're right. Archie was one of this built in books we read as kids. Richie Rich was there too but I haven't seen one of those in a while.

Last night's WD episode had rich zombies, so maybe they were testing the waters for that spin off. lol

The Afterlife with Archie movie story buried the lead for me - well,not really, because it linked to the main article.

But the big news is that Afterlife with Archie writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa has been named Archie Comics first Chief Creative Officer:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51215

So the guy doing Afterlife with Archie is going to be guiding the creative direction of the entire Archie line, as well as shepherding the Archie properties through the TV and movie development pipeline.

He already announced in this initial interview that's he's signed up Lena Dunham to write a four issue arc in the main Archie title, which will apparently be a Girls-style story focusing on Betty, Veronica, Cheryl and Nancy.

Archie has been pushing the envelope for the last few years now, ever since Jon Goldwater took over, but this could potentially be the biggest move yet.

Edited by Crimebuster

This book is super unpredictable and I like it. Issue #4 will blow your mind. 2c

That was hands down the best one so far.

The scenes with Vegas and his dad at the bottom of the stairs were hard to read.

I agree with the points above, short read and longer waiting time between issues.

This series is too excellent, so maybe Relativity theory is playing a part in testing my patience. ;)

Vegas' scene was heart-wrenching, even if the character was just introduced. The way he communicated with his Master Archie was perfect.

Just read this, also thought it was great.

I bought the Seeley variant. Every copy my LCS had of the variant was slightly damaged, though. They were all bent at the top staple, which is a lot more noticeable with these heavy stock covers. Anyone else see this, or was this just an unlucky shipment?

Edited by Crimebuster

I agree with the points above, short read and longer waiting time between issues.

This series is too excellent, so maybe Relativity theory is playing a part in testing my patience. ;)

Vegas' scene was heart-wrenching, even if the character was just introduced. The way he communicated with his Master Archie was perfect.

I teared up a little while reading this.

Such a awesome book. Could be a little longer, but the art and writing are A +

Anyone have any info on the Comics Pro cover for #4? Was this given out somewhere? Wondering how rare it is... kinda sucks I was enjoying collecting all the Francavilla covers on the cheap.

tumblr_n1xhydPS4H1ssmbizo1_500.jpg

:popcorn:

Just read this, also thought it was great.

I bought the Seeley variant. Every copy my LCS had of the variant was slightly damaged, though. They were all bent at the top staple, which is a lot more noticeable with these heavy stock covers. Anyone else see this, or was this just an unlucky shipment?

I noticed an indentation beside the upper staple, not a spine crease. It looked like a partial impression of a staple next to the actual staple.

(shrug)

Quick read, the Veronica variant will be a quick seller next month.

Anyone have any info on the Comics Pro cover for #4? Was this given out somewhere? Wondering how rare it is... kinda sucks I was enjoying collecting all the Francavilla covers on the cheap.

tumblr_n1xhydPS4H1ssmbizo1_500.jpg

:popcorn:

Given out at the ComicsPro retailer summit this month. None on ebay yet? Ask your LCS if they went and if they'll sell it to you.

I still think the first print of #1's variant is gonna blow up sky-high.

I say this solely because I have one I have been trying to sell on eBay for weeks now, $10 shipped in the USA.

:D

-slym

Its a lock then. :roflmao:

I still think the first print of #1's variant is gonna blow up sky-high.

I say this solely because I have one I have been trying to sell on eBay for weeks now, $10 shipped in the USA.

:D

Its a lock then. :roflmao:

Just wait - as soon as I sell it for $10, something will be announced about that particular issue and it will skyrocket to over $100!

:lol:

-slym