• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

I actually don't know enough about Archie. I've only read a few digests. Anyone have any resource to some really great issues to read? There's a lot of characters I don't feel I know enough about for example Cheryl/Jason.

You can easily find the Cheryl Blossom mini series that was released in the 90's on eBay. She's like Veronica but meaner/has a brother/has red hair.

They changed from a 4 week schedule to a 6 week schedule a few issues back.

http://afterlifewitharchie.com/release-schedule/

Looks like issue #5 is supposed to come out on April 16th

Not soon enough.

Issue 4 felt a little slow to me (although it was sad) so hopefully it'll pick back up in issue 5.

Plus, I want more Cheryl/Jason. I know whatever is going on with them is totally taboo but I'm completely in love with that angle.

I wouldn't care if they pushed it back to an 8 week schedule if it meant the stories were longer. The writing has been great, but when half the book is a back-up story . . .

They changed from a 4 week schedule to a 6 week schedule a few issues back.

http://afterlifewitharchie.com/release-schedule/

Looks like issue #5 is supposed to come out on April 16th

Not soon enough.

Issue 4 felt a little slow to me (although it was sad) so hopefully it'll pick back up in issue 5.

Plus, I want more Cheryl/Jason. I know whatever is going on with them is totally taboo but I'm completely in love with that angle.

I wouldn't care if they pushed it back to an 8 week schedule if it meant the stories were longer. The writing has been great, but when half the book is a back-up story . . .

Yeah, I don't even read some of them.

The zombie thing is a fade like many other fades (Vampires a few years back). It will likely some dry up so hopefully if they are doing an Archie zombie movie it gets done quickly. There will always be zombie fans but there is a lot of fade people right now making it even more popular. I guess ghost are next lol.

Oh, and don't tell the rest of the Modern forum, but Jon Goldwater said in an interview this week that they are working on an Afterlife with Archie movie.

From ICv2:

"Last summer you announced an upcoming Archie movie to be written by [Afterlife with Archie writer] Roberto [Aguirre-Sacasa]. What’s the status of that?

That’s on hold for the time being. We’re figuring out the creative vision of where that’s going to go.

Due to the explosion in the popularity of Afterlife of Archie, we’re thinking about an Afterlife of Archie movie. It’s gotten an incredible amount of interest so that’s something that we’re actively pursuing at this time. I think it could be something fun, spectacular and wildly successful. Right now, that’s what we’re leaning toward."

Here's another ALWA piece of cover art work that I bought from Andrew Pepoy. He does his art on 15x22 board so they're really impressive in size.

alwa-veronica_zps3d606401.jpg

That is an awesome piece! :applause:

I just stopped by one of my old comic shops and picked up the series to date and think its great! Sort of a mesh of Pet Semetary meets Walking Dead. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the artists interpretation of the Archie gang but that has not really bothered me as much as I thought it would. Can't wait till issue 5...

I've never read an issue of Archie. Should I read something before picking this up?

I've read a little bit of Archie but not a lot. I found the story to still be pretty great with my limited knowledge. I'd say all you need is a quick read on wikipedia to understand the main characters and their relationships with each other. I think the comic would have more of an emotional impact on someone who's been reading the character for years but it's still a great story on it's own.

I've never read an issue of Archie. Should I read something before picking this up?

I've read a little bit of Archie but not a lot. I found the story to still be pretty great with my limited knowledge. I'd say all you need is a quick read on wikipedia to understand the main characters and their relationships with each other. I think the comic would have more of an emotional impact on someone who's been reading the character for years but it's still a great story on it's own.

Good enough for me, thanks (thumbs u

Totally getting this.

Death of Archie. Until the rebirth of Archie. OR clone of Archie.

3789247-lifewitharchie_36_francescofrancavilla.jpg

This is not part of the Afterlife with Archie title. His death isn't part of the regular Archie universe either from what I understand; it's a future what if? type title, showing Archie in his later years (marrying both Betty and Veronica in two alternative timelines) leading all the way up to his death.

Go to a used book store or even LCS and buy a pile of $1 used digest and double digest. There is no real point where you need to jump on most of the stories are all self contained except a few mini series.

This is a really good series. Any other Archie recommendations? The original series is at its 900th issue or something, right? I wouldn't even know where to pick up from. Any suggestions?