• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

Mixed feelings about the series from some Archie artists...I think the massive departure from historical archie doesn't sit well....same with the death of Archie and when Archie got married.

... so for someone like me who has never had an interest in the Archie series and feels he cannot really invest the time to get up to speed where does it stand on its own?

Mixed feelings about the series from some Archie artists...I think the massive departure from historical archie doesn't sit well....same with the death of Archie and when Archie got married.

... so for someone like me who has never had an interest in the Archie series and feels he cannot really invest the time to get up to speed where does it stand on its own?

I had never once read an issue of Archie prior to reading Afterlife With Archie #1 and I'm absolutely in love with it. It's number 3 on my list right after Saga and TWD and right before EOW but personally, I would put the art of AWA above anything else out there. You should pick up issue #1 because I don't think you'll be disappointed. 2c

I'd have to kinda agree with you on this, but I think I lean more toward embracing the new takes.

I've been watching them since day one.

I just decided to go for one this weekend.

I can live with 9.6's if buying. Saves a few bucks and the book still is a beauty.

I can live with 9.6's if buying. Saves a few bucks and the book still is a beauty.

Yes it is.

Did you see that 9.8 that sold a few weeks back for $700..

:o

No..

:o

No..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Afterlife-with-Archie-1-NYCC-Zombie-Cosplay-Variant-CGC-9-8-1-of-200-/281281315051?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417dac40eb

It will read like a straight up teens vs. zombie story. If you are even marginally aware of who the players are ( Betty and Veronica vie for Archie, Reggie is a jerk, etc), it might make the subverting of the traditionally light and breezy world of Archie more entertaining, but no extensive knowledge of Archie continuity is needed to enjoy the series.

I'm liking it, as much for the art as the stories, but I will admit I would have been satisfied if it ended in 5 issues, as there haven't been any dramatic story twists. It's basically a "who's next" plot line.

lol....would it be that hard to seal up the the first four issues? BTW ....loved issue 5. Aguirre-Sacasa is hitting all the right notes.