• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

Go to a used book store or even LCS and buy a pile of $1 used digest and double digest. There is no real point where you need to jump on most of the stories are all self contained except a few mini series.

This is a really good series. Any other Archie recommendations? The original series is at its 900th issue or something, right? I wouldn't even know where to pick up from. Any suggestions?

I would definitely love to do that except I'm traveling through SE Asia right now and that isn't an option. I only have access to digital comics at the moment and it would be a bit more pricey. That's why I would much prefer reading popular story arcs or preferred issues but given your suggestion I may just have to wait until I get back home. Thanks anyway (thumbs u

Archie has been putting out 400-450 page collections called "The Best of Archie Comics" for a little while now. There are three volumes so far, and each has a selection of stories from every decade of Archie publication, going chronologically from the 40's through the present. My recommendation is to buy the first one - they are full color for just $9.99 - and give it a shot.

I did and now I have over a thousand Archie back issues. So, yeah, just be warned it is a slippery slope.

;)

BOAbks_giftguide.jpeg

Edited by Crimebuster

Archie has been putting out 400-450 page collections called "The Best of Archie Comics" for a little while now. There are three volumes so far, and each has a selection of stories from every decade of Archie publication, going chronologically from the 40's through the present. My recommendation is to buy the first one - they are full color for just $9.99 - and give it a shot.

I did and now I have over a thousand Archie back issues. So, yeah, just be warned it is a slippery slope.

;)

BOAbks_giftguide.jpeg

This is exactly what I had in mind, thanks!!

P.S. The art in Afterlife With Archie is just amazing BTW.

From what I remember this is an on-going, especially with how well it's been doing. It was monthly when it came out but they've stretched it out to every 6 weeks, but I think it's even starting to miss that target. I'm OK with that as long as Francavilla stays on art.

From what I remember this is an on-going, especially with how well it's been doing. It was monthly when it came out but they've stretched it out to every 6 weeks, but I think it's even starting to miss that target. I'm OK with that as long as Francavilla stays on art.

With issue 5 releasing Wednesday it ends up being 10 weeks since issue 4 released

Terrible.

(thumbs u good to know and you're absolutely right about Francavilla's art, it's something else entirely. I've never hunted down an artist before at a CC but the next CC this guy is at I will be waiting in line for a signature.

An excellent article from USA Today with both writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and artist Francesco Francavilla discussing Afterlife With Archie and the upcoming Sabrina spin-off series coming in October. I was surprised to see Sabrina in the pages of Afterlife because I only knew of her because of the TV show "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" that use to come on when I was a kid. Has she been present before in the Archie universe?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7683156#Post7683156

First Sabrina cover. That should help with her time frame. And it's a :cloud9: book.

Good to know, thanks for doing the digging! This Afterlife With Archie title is going to be troublesome because the more I see of the Archives universe, the more I like, lol

Sabrina is part of the Archie universe. The high school she goes to is in a neighboring town, so while she's not part of the regular Riverdale cast, she does pop up from time to time.

Jughead #200, for example, has a cool intersection with Sabrina, where Jughead learns her secret and she helps him out of a jam involving an evil witch. And Sabrina was also a major player in the Archie Meets Kiss storyline, though that story doesn't really make any sense from an Archie continuity perspective, so I don't think it can be considered canonical.

This book is just :cloud9:

The trade comes out soon, and anyone that hasn't read the single issues should pick it up and check it out.

The art alone makes this book one of the best out there.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Edited by Awax

Mixed feelings about the series from some Archie artists...I think the massive departure from historical archie doesn't sit well....same with the death of Archie and when Archie got married.

Edited by krighton

This book is just :cloud9:

The trade comes out soon, and anyone that hasn't read the single issues should pick it up and check it out.

The art alone makes this book one of the best out there.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

+1,000,000 :headbang: