• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

I decided to pick-up the Afterlife with Archie, after picking up and reading Sabrina (just to read, not collect)...But have noticed that all of the back issues are going like hot cakes.

Trying to find one place that had all issues 1-6, was laborious to say the least. Actually, No one seems to have #2 for under $10, once you add in shipping it's more like $12 or $13.

I did get 1 and 6 at a LCS (The massive over printing of variants + a reprint of #1 made that issue easier), but...some people are asking $15 for the #2 iss.

I might give-up on the story arc if it's that difficult to get issues.

I drove to 2 LCS's and called a 3rd before finally giving up and ordering Sabrina #1 on line.

The Archie-bola is spreading and it appears to be contagious.

-T

# 2

http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/afwiar2cocoe.html

Found the magazine at B&N. Quite a bunch next to the Death of Archie magazine. I'd like to get one or two, but kind of don't want the cashier to handle them. Would it be weird bringing a magazine bag & board to the store?

Yes.

Socially awkward & creepy.

lol who the hell cares what the bookstore cashier thinks?

Found the magazine at B&N. Quite a bunch next to the Death of Archie magazine. I'd like to get one or two, but kind of don't want the cashier to handle them. Would it be weird bringing a magazine bag & board to the store?

I hit three different 7-11s tonight looking for nice newsstand copies. I looked at 15 copies, but only bought 1. Most were damaged slightly or mangled. I wonder how hard it will be to find VF/NM or better copies going forward?

Yes.

Socially awkward & creepy.

lol who the hell cares what the bookstore cashier thinks?

Well I'm not like an awkward Rob Lowe. I'm going to try it out. I just hope it isn't the cashier girl that I flirt with.

rob-lowe-shy-bladder-hed-2014.png

I hit three different 7-11s tonight looking for nice newsstand copies. I looked at 15 copies, but only bought 1. Most were damaged slightly or mangled. I wonder how hard it will be to find VF/NM or better copies going forward?

Yes, the newsstand copies are tough to find in high grade. After combing

through around 100 copies I was only able to pull 4 that I believe are 9.8 candidates.

I didn't realize that they were doing newsstand magazine releases of this book as well. Was just perusing my local B&N and saw #3. I didn't pull the trigger as I'm strapped right now but I could see these being highly sought after in the future by completists. How is the read anyhow on this book? I don't have any past #3 I think.

I think the magazine version is awesome. Love that it's not printed on glossy paper -- it gives it a retro feel. And the art deserves to be seen in a bigger size. I'm collecting the magazines going forward even though they lag behind the regular series.