• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

When is issue 7 going to come out? These delays are killing the book!
To this day I still do not understand this complaint. Ensuring the product is good in favor of rushing out whatever they can on schedule is the entire reason we like this comic. Monthly drek is readily available elsewhere.

To this day I still do not understand this complaint. Ensuring the product is good in favor of rushing out whatever they can on schedule is the entire reason we like this comic. Monthly drek is readily available elsewhere.

60 days to write and draw a "good" 16 page comic book is not rocket science.

If they can't come up with compelling stories in a sufficient

time frame then they are only going to hurt themselves.

You lose your audience as the gaps widen. In today's "gotta have it now" consumerism society it's too easy to be hot and then not in the blink of an eye.

The reason I say it's killing the book is because I and a few peers have seen the drop in interest and sales. People aren't asking for it.

I get it because I too get flustered having to wait on a book but there is so much good stuff out right now that I'm having trouble keeping up with my pull list. I was curious how AWA was doing on the secondary market after reading your comment and I'm surprised and happy that it seems to be holding up okay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=afterlife+with+archie&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I think I have a run or 2 of it. There look to be someanomalies in there but it is solidly selling above cover which is pretty goos this time of year imo.

You lose your audience as the gaps widen. In today's "gotta have it now" consumerism society it's too easy to be hot and then not in the blink of an eye.

The reason I say it's killing the book is because I and a few peers have seen the drop in interest and sales. People aren't asking for it.

People who would rather get the reliable garbage will drop a good book eventually regardless. A lot of good books come out annually. Some come out on no set schedule and can have a couple years between issues. Is Usagi Yojimbo, The Goon, and Love And Rockets losing customers because of their lack of reliability? They probably did early on, customers who would have dropped them anyway for lack of Campbell variants, which of course is more important than actual story if Diamond figures have anything to say about it. Afterlife is going to be fine after it's dropped by people who would rather collect comics featuring Liefeld creations.

People who would rather get the reliable garbage will drop a good book eventually regardless. A lot of good books come out annually. Some come out on no set schedule and can have a couple years between issues. Is Usagi Yojimbo, The Goon, and Love And Rockets losing customers because of their lack of reliability? They probably did early on, customers who would have dropped them anyway for lack of Campbell variants, which of course is more important than actual story if Diamond figures have anything to say about it. Afterlife is going to be fine after it's dropped by people who would rather collect comics featuring Liefeld creations.

I won't be dropping it. I wish all of my favorites came out weekly but I'm a guy who patiently waited on The Authority and Planetary and looking back, I would still be waiting if it took it. Great books deserve patience.

Until I cancelled my account, I kept comics on several years hiatus on my pull list at Heavyink. If an issue showed up one day, great. If it didn't, removing it from the pull list would require more work than doing nothing.

The book still sells well at local shows for good $$$. #1 regular and the Betty cover move quick at $25 apiece, #2 at $10 - $15, #3 - 6 at $6, and the #5 and #6 Pepoy covers at $8-10 apiece.

Edited by kimik

Did #7 come out this week? It has been scheduled for this week for quite a while now, but I haven't seen anyone talking about it and I can't find any confirmation online that it actually shipped. I have a suspicion it didn't ship, but I haven't found anything online suggesting a new ship date either.

(shrug)

Did #7 come out this week? It has been scheduled for this week for quite a while now, but I haven't seen anyone talking about it and I can't find any confirmation online that it actually shipped. I have a suspicion it didn't ship, but I haven't found anything online suggesting a new ship date either.

(shrug)

I've got next week for 7.

I love the Pepoy variant for #8!! I've been sitting on the OA for months, waiting for this to come out!

Afterlife with Archie #8 vairant by Pepoy

It was originally solicited for November, I don't think it's due until the beginning of December now.

Edited by Doc McCoy