• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

MOS 18 4th print out of a dollar bin yesterday, pretty clean. Hoping for a 9.6

Good find Lon,

4th Print should pull you around $25 or better. I sold a VF for $20 several months back. 5th Print of 18 or 2nd Print of 17 are the tough books to find. Other cameos 2nd Prints seem to be a little easier, but are still selling well. I had NP selling NM 2nd prints of the others for over $10 each.

What's the difference between the prints anything that stands out, I guess I just have 1st prints they all look the same

Look below the cover price to see if you have a Roman Numeral II, III, IV or V. Otherwise, you have a first printing.

th_MOS18_FC_zps3b4c2fb4.jpg

Rarest MOS18's to exist...

20131119_183643_zps97574fbf.jpg

Where do you guys find these overseas editions besides ebay??

I have a group of foreign Boba Fetts out there finding all my foreign key books for me

I sourced these through people in these countries. These 2 were never on Ebay.

Oddly enough, the greek version fetches as much as the original as it is original to the greeks and they fair their version more than ours...

some dutch comics you can find on an ebay like site called Catawiki...

What's the difference between the prints anything that stands out, I guess I just have 1st prints they all look the same

Look below the cover price to see if you have a Roman Numeral II, III, IV or V. Otherwise, you have a first printing.

Also you will notice that the color of the title "Superman Man of Steel" is a different color for different versions as well.

Also you will notice that the color of the title "Superman Man of Steel" is a different color for different versions as well.

1st Print:

SAM_5629.jpg

2nd Print:

43C9A814-579D-40DE-A0E9-A004479B1E8B-437-000000484F21ED05_zps97f9a8ce.jpg

3rd Print:

SAM_5481B.jpg

4th Print:

SAM_5632.jpg

I'm sure Bryan can post an image of the 5th print

I can tell you that interest in the Superman Doomsday story is really starting to increase. I just listed several "death/doomsday" issues in higher grade along with 2nd prints and the MOS 18 5th print. In less then 12 hours they already all have over 30 views which is impressive for any books in first 24 hours.

Edited by Fastballspecial

MOS 18 4th print out of a dollar bin yesterday, pretty clean. Hoping for a 9.6

Good find Lon,

4th Print should pull you around $25 or better. I sold a VF for $20 several months back. 5th Print of 18 or 2nd Print of 17 are the tough books to find. Other cameos 2nd Prints seem to be a little easier, but are still selling well. I had NP selling NM 2nd prints of the others for over $10 each.

Superman 73, which I guess is the second app of doomsday in cameo (shrug)has a second print. That book has a really tough white cover. Even untouched copies of this book have color rubs and light soiling and discoloration if they were not bagged, which many second prints were not back then.

I'm giving this one away to someone who helps me find a deal for that forsaken twisted metal book.

Aren't you concerned that by mentioning that book that someone else is going to want it for their collection too? hm I know I avoid talking about comics I'm looking for, because I'm worried someone else will know someone wants the book and then become interested in it, making it two or more people now chasing the same book.

I usually start talking about how hard a comic book is to find after I find it. :grin: Didn't this happen with the Incredible Hulk 377 2nd or 3rd print? Someone started asking about it and before too long, there are lots of people interested in buying it.

I'm giving this one away to someone who helps me find a deal for that forsaken twisted metal book.

Aren't you concerned that by mentioning that book that someone else is going to want it for their collection too? hm I know I avoid talking about comics I'm looking for, because I'm worried someone else will know someone wants the book and then become interested in it, making it two or more people now chasing the same book.

I usually start talking about how hard a comic book is to find after I find it. :grin: Didn't this happen with the Incredible Hulk 377 2nd or 3rd print? Someone started asking about it and before too long, there are lots of people interested in buying it.

I hear you, man... But the big difference is that NOBODY has this book, for the most part. I wish them luck, and if they do manage to find one, I'll make them an offer they can't refuse.

I hear you, man... But the big difference is that NOBODY has this book, for the most part. I wish them luck, and if they do manage to find one, I'll make them an offer they can't refuse.

(thumbs u