• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

C'mon guys, this thread is about Man of Steel #17 and 18, seriously!

1549333_693839593551_1527527540_n.jpg

I couldn't resist...

Those beautiful comics with that ugly hat!

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

Chargers disappointed me. Being a lifelong Patriot fan, I get nervous around this time. I just hope manning folds, as he usually does, when Brady is on the other side. :wishluck:

I'm a Pats fan too, we should go see a Pats game together and we can talk comics in between plays :)

Brady is 7-0 against a Del Rio defense FYI.

I wouldn't say "rare", but the 3rd-5th prints in 9.8 are scarce, and will continue to be, if this movie business happens.

I keep seeing a 9.8 third print for #18 on eBay being re-listed, the price has gone down a bit but it's still over $200. I have to say it's tempting, but I don't think I can bring myself to spend that kind of money. Maybe we'll look back on this several months from now and think that was a bargain.

Last few ebay auctions they have been selling for over $200, People are asking crazy money for the 17's lately.

I couldn't resist...

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

Chargers disappointed me. Being a lifelong Patriot fan, I get nervous around this time. I just hope manning folds, as he usually does, when Brady is on the other side. :wishluck:

I'm a Pats fan too, we should go see a Pats game together and we can talk comics in between plays :)

I have a bad feeling about this game, unless Blount gets it going. At least it's not f'ing Eli he's up against.

I wouldn't say "rare", but the 3rd-5th prints in 9.8 are scarce, and will continue to be, if this movie business happens.

Of course they're scarce, particularly in HG. I think that's undisputed. That's because no collector gave a ratz azz about later printings at the time. :grin:

I seriously don't think the prices on later prints will hold up for any length of time. In 9.8? Of course. But 9.8s don't fall off of trees (unless it's BA 12 . . . ) lol

I couldn't resist...

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

I have a bad feeling about this game, unless Blount gets it going. At least it's not f'ing Eli he's up against.

No one really cares about the first game . . . :gossip: It doesn't matter who comes in second at the end. lol

I couldn't resist...

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

No one really cares about the first game . . . :gossip: It doesn't matter who comes in second at the end. lol

You must be referring to the Negligible Football Conference?

Of course they're scarce, particularly in HG. I think that's undisputed. That's because no collector gave a ratz azz about later printings at the time. :grin:

I seriously don't think the prices on later prints will hold up for any length of time. In 9.8? Of course. But 9.8s don't fall off of trees (unless it's BA 12 . . . ) lol

Agree. Like most books of the time period, anything less than a 9.8 isn't going to hold its value, except for a few exceptions.

I couldn't resist...

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

You must be referring to the Negligible Football Conference?

And you, the Affectatious Football Conference? :D

I couldn't resist...

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

2007 Pats weren't physical enough, 2011 Pats had the worst defense to ever make it to a SB.

Broncos have a terrible pass defense, 2013 Pats pass defense is so much better than in recent years, They just need to get Peyton off his spot, He'll throw at least one INT this game. I see the Pats winning in a close game.

I couldn't resist...

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

2007 Pats weren't physical enough, 2011 Pats had the worst defense to ever make it to a SB.

Broncos have a terrible pass defense, 2013 Pats pass defense is so much better than in recent years, They just need to get Peyton off his spot, He'll throw at least one INT this game. I see the Pats winning in a close game.

I'm not looking forward to Peyton yelling out "OMAHA" about 40-75 times tomorrow. :facepalm:

Are these still the agreed upon definitions for scarce, rare, and very rare?

scarce - fewer than 100 copies estimated to exist

rare - 10-20 known copies

very rare - fewer than 10 copies

I can agree 9.8 copies are scarce, for now.

Are these still the agreed upon definitions for scarce, rare, and very rare?

scarce - fewer than 100 copies estimated to exist

rare - 10-20 known copies

very rare - fewer than 10 copies

I can agree 9.8 copies are scarce, for now.

I wouldn't use those traditional terms for CGC graded books. Raw wise, there's decent numbers of even the later printings. Go Patriots! &$@% Omaha!

Agree. Like most books of the time period, anything less than a 9.8 isn't going to hold its value, except for a few exceptions.

I am more then happy to buy these for $1 each and sell them for $15-35 all day mulitiple times. Until they realize they were printed in masses I say let them buy. A fool and is money is soon parted.

I am more then happy to buy these for $1 each and sell them for $15-35 all day mulitiple times. Until they realize they were printed in masses I say let them buy. A fool and is money is soon parted.

+1 all day long.

I couldn't resist...

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

I'm not looking forward to Peyton yelling out "OMAHA" about 40-75 times tomorrow. :facepalm:

My copies of MOS 17 and 18 actually came from the Omaha Collection.

SO was MOS17 the first cameo? Is that why it is popular?

Was very happy with my scores today at my LCS. He loaded up his 50+ longboxes for a 2 for $1.00 sale.

Found one MOS18 and it was a 5th print :banana: