• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

Which of the2nd-5th print is the rarest or lowest in print runs???

Anyone want to trade a greek edition MOS18 for one?

in my experience I would say the 5th print is the rarest. I have an extra raw if you wanted to trade.

In 4 years of looking for fun.

I found 3 3rd prints

I found a 4th print in the wild last year.

I never found a 5th print in the wild anywhere. The only reason I got one was

by a mistake from a seller.

In my lookings, the 4th print is the toughest to find, followed closely by the 5th.

+1

While all the subsequent printings are tough to find in 9.6/ 9.8, (and I love them all) I've found the 4th print a tougher find.

in my experience I would say the 5th print is the rarest. I have an extra raw if you wanted to trade.

I found 3 3rd prints

In my lookings, the 4th print is the toughest to find, followed closely by the 5th.

+1

While all the subsequent printings are tough to find in 9.6/ 9.8, (and I love them all) I've found the 4th print a tougher find.

A few others have said the same thing. Coincidence? Smaller print run than the 5th print? This book (MOS 18 and 17, too) have been the hot topic of late. First appearance of an awesome character. The dead superman thing. The search for all the different printings. Good stuff.

I found 3 3rd prints

+1

A few others have said the same thing. Coincidence? Smaller print run than the 5th print? This book (MOS 18 and 17, too) have been the hot topic of late. First appearance of an awesome character. The dead superman thing. The search for all the different printings. Good stuff.

Yup! Love them all!

C'mon guys, this thread is about Man of Steel #17 and 18, seriously!

1549333_693839593551_1527527540_n.jpg

I couldn't resist...

Those beautiful comics with that ugly hat!

j/k

+1

Not kidding

Go Chargers.

Chargers disappointed me. Being a lifelong Patriot fan, I get nervous around this time. I just hope manning folds, as he usually does, when Brady is on the other side. :wishluck:

I wouldn't say "rare", but the 3rd-5th prints in 9.8 are scarce, and will continue to be, if this movie business happens.

I keep seeing a 9.8 third print for #18 on eBay being re-listed, the price has gone down a bit but it's still over $200. I have to say it's tempting, but I don't think I can bring myself to spend that kind of money. Maybe we'll look back on this several months from now and think that was a bargain.

I wouldn't say "rare", but the 3rd-5th prints in 9.8 are scarce, and will continue to be, if this movie business happens.

I keep seeing a 9.8 third print for #18 on eBay being re-listed, the price has gone down a bit but it's still over $200. I have to say it's tempting, but I don't think I can bring myself to spend that kind of money. Maybe we'll look back on this several months from now and think that was a bargain.

Or come to find out you were lucky not to pull the trigger on the book, especially since they just pushed the Batman/Superman movie back to 2016. Just like everything else D.C. attempts on a large scale, they'll either blow it, or it will completely fall apart, and instead of Doomsday as a villain, we'll get Lex Luthor once again. lol

Or come to find out you were lucky not to pull the trigger on the book, especially since they just pushed the Batman/Superman movie back to 2016. Just like everything else D.C. attempts on a large scale, they'll either blow it, or it will completely fall apart, and instead of Doomsday as a villain, we'll get Lex Luthor once again. lol

I like your thinking! (thumbs u

I like your thinking! (thumbs u

Remember, we've already seen X-Factor #6 get hot for a few months last year when it was first announced Apocalypse would play a part, but then it cooled off, because there was no new info, then when the announcement for the next movie basically confirmed he would be a main villain, the book exploded again.

Never buy when the book is spiking higher and higher, you just have to wait until it crashes back to Earth, and with nothing but speculation about Doomsday being in either the Bat/Superman movie, or the Justice League movie, the crash could be sudden and devastating if it's confirmed he wouldn't be in either movie.

That's probably mine. I just keep it at that price, in case it catches fire with a movie announcement. It's uncommon enough to where I don't mind if I don't sell it immediately. I'd sell for less, here.