• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now give us that NYCC con report

131 posts in this topic

Johnny, I can't imagine you have too many books left to get for your Atlas PCH. But of course that isn't taking upgrades into account! :)

I just posted a few in the recent PCH thread. Still owe you a pic of my current Strange Tales #28 copy. :)

Ohhhh, lets get the scanned and posted!

I had a look at that Jughead number one, I can't remember exactly what grade he had on it but it wasn't the nicest copy. Think G/VG. The one thing I'll say in general, throughout the entire show, was how many high-grade slabbed Archie and MLJ's there were on people's walls. It was nice to see.

I had a look at that Jughead number one, I can't remember exactly what grade he had on it but it wasn't the nicest copy. Think G/VG. The one thing I'll say in general, throughout the entire show, was how many high-grade slabbed Archie and MLJ's there were on people's walls. It was nice to see.
Thanks. I could tell it wasn't high grade. I don't know what they go for in that grade range, so maybe that was a good price. The Mad seemed much nicer. That's a key I'm starting to think about.

Anyone see a STUNTMAN #3...?

mm

Can't answer because my work schedule kept me from the good old Javits Center this year, but I don't think I've ever actually seen a copy of that book. hm

Slow going for me today. Made a few offers that didn't pan out.

I was trying to stay focused do didn't buy any art or other books that were out of my goals. Saw a pair of blue label tec 27's (2.5 and 6.0!) and a Action 1 in blue 5.0. All at Metropolis!

Metro and Gator had the best books. Same as last year.

Accomplished: dropped off books to Matt Nelson for conservation, consigned some art to comic connect.

Purchased: Detective Comics 36 CGC 7.5 MP

The most difficult task? Finding a Minion toy for my daughter. There was a limited one for the show but it was sold out everywhere :(

I just got back from the show and am flat out exhausted. Lots of good things about the con:

- well laid out

- good volunteers

- wide aisles

- great selection of Gold and Silver

I'd be interested to see how many were in attendance today, because the waves of people made it difficult to get around. Fortunately, there was a bit more space around the comic dealers.

I thought about taking pics of the various cos players, wall books etc., but assumed others would be taking care of that. :sorry::tonofbricks:

I was impressed with the quality of the costumes. No comment on the women wearing the scantily clad outfits... :blush:

I was fortunate to pick up a couple of nice books for my collection:

Blue Beetle 49 (Graham Crackers)

Startling 46 CGC 8.5 (Comics Heaven) Thanks to Gator for pricing info.

It was a great to meet a number of boardies and saw a number of others loitering around the Comic Dealers! Glad I came but need better shoes for next time...

Maybe I can convince some Edmonton boardies to attend?

More of Gators great books love that Wonderworld 8 on the bottom .Sweet along with those two AF15 beauties and Cap1

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/100_4630_zps476333aa.jpg' alt='100_4630_zps476333aa.jpg'>

Look at those two sweet books from Comicconnect's next auction

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/100_4625_zpsa171fe84.jpg' alt='100_4625_zpsa171fe84.jpg'>