• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List 5-10 favorite GA comics in your collection & explain why...

334 posts in this topic

14107679638_c5ca5ba865_b.jpg

I like these covers and I am a Blue Beetle fan. Simon without Kirby is always interesting.

I like those too. The center cover is by Simon, but the ones on either side are by Patenaud.

Those Blue Beetle covers are sweet! :applause:

Excellent info., Peter!

Even graded books can have mistaken attributions. The records of who worked on which cover is often sketchy for GA books. More research clearly needs to be done in this area.

Here's my sole Mystery Men cover. It looks clearly Joe Simon, but for some reason, he seems to have been mimicking Lou Fine's style...

23efddfb-1054-4c92-a191-84b66879f9f4_zpsba10ce00.jpghm

I like these covers and I am a Blue Beetle fan. Simon without Kirby is always interesting.

I like those too. The center cover is by Simon, but the ones on either side are by Patenaud.

Those Blue Beetle covers are sweet! :applause:

Excellent info., Peter!

Even graded books can have mistaken attributions. The records of who worked on which cover is often sketchy for GA books. More research clearly needs to be done in this area.

Here's my sole Mystery Men cover. It looks clearly Joe Simon, but for some reason, he seems to have been mimicking Lou Fine's style...

23efddfb-1054-4c92-a191-84b66879f9f4_zpsba10ce00.jpghm

The MM 29 is definitely Patenaud, but the 26 (the one on the right) has been attributed to Chuck Cuidera, so it may not be Patenaud.

I agree with you that MM 10 doesn't look like typical Simon. I question whether it is, despite CGC's attribution.

I believe that the MM10 is definitely a Simon cover,largely due to the fact that he signed it. lol

doh!

Don't feel like Homer Simpson, Peter. I didn't see the signature either. searching-019.gif

I'm having follow-up lasik surgery this month to correct a stigmatism issue that's arisen since my earlier corrective surgery a couple of years back. (seriously)

Hopefully, my vision will catch these details better in the future. :wishluck:

Didn't mean to imply that they were all by Simon. MM 27 is definitely by Patenaude cause it is signed. MM 26 could be by Chuck Cuidera.