• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is my 1st post, so please bear with me.

I collect alot of books from SA to current and OA. I do not sell anything, much to my wife's dismay.

Anyway, 2 books that i think have potential to jump are Batman #407 which is 1st James Gordon, Jr. And New X-Men #128, 1st Fantomex.

Enjoy your holiday. jp

Excellent contribution JP! WTTB! and a great TD to you and yours. :)

p.s. We all have dismayed wives . . . lol

Curious to see if the Fantomex MAX mini causes a spike or an ongoing down the line.

Another book i like is Marvel Super Heroes #8. 1st Squirrel Girl. Bendis has kept her around for a while now. jp

Fantomex Max is horrible IMO. I think he's a great character, but they need to give him a good writer before he blows up....

Curious to see if the Fantomex MAX mini causes a spike or an ongoing down the line.

Another book i like is Marvel Super Heroes #8. 1st Squirrel Girl. Bendis has kept her around for a while now. jp

Fantomex Max is horrible IMO. I think he's a great character, but they need to give him a good writer before he blows up....

I agree I don't think the series will really hurt a 1st app. Its not very good, but any series is helpful to a 1st appearance isn't it? More exposure.

I agree I don't think the series will really hurt a 1st app. Its not very good, but any series is helpful to a 1st appearance isn't it? More exposure.

A good parallel is the first Deapool mini-series. Nigh unreadable, but it did sell (what didn't then?). The exposure helped and the misfire didn't adversely affect the characters long term growth.

Hi,

This is my 1st post, so please bear with me.

I collect alot of books from SA to current and OA. I do not sell anything, much to my wife's dismay.

Anyway, 2 books that i think have potential to jump are Batman #407 which is 1st James Gordon, Jr. And New X-Men #128, 1st Fantomex.

Enjoy your holiday. jp

WTTB

A good parallel is the first Deapool mini-series. Nigh unreadable, but it did sell (what didn't then?). The exposure helped and the misfire didn't adversely affect the characters long term growth.

Character’s "growth" is a BIG, big word for Deadpool. :baiting:

Yes, it is. As in both character development and overall visibility/importance within and outside the hobby. Very much interrelated components IMO.

I'm not suggesting that Fantomex approaches Deadpool level popularity.

Am I addressing your point?

Character’s "growth" is a BIG, big word for Deadpool. :baiting:

Yes, it is. As in both character development and overall visibility/importance within and outside the hobby. Very much interrelated components IMO.

I'm not suggesting that Fantomex approaches Deadpool level popularity.

Am I addressing your point?

I think there are a lot of very cool stories they could tell with Fantomex. The question is will they ever be told?

Plus, I feel like Marvel just hates everything Morrison did on X-Men... so that doesn't help him. Pretty much 100% of the run was retconed at this point.

Booster Gold #1

I hope so!! I got a few of those.

Hand 'em over !

stick-em-up.jpg

This is the version of Booster Gold #1 you want to have.......

BoosterGold1var_zpsf38ed5e6.jpg

Yep- that's the one. I have 1-8 and two extra copies of #1

Booster Gold #1

Hand 'em over !

stick-em-up.jpg

It's amazing how small the comic market really is.

Booster Gold #1 was a $2 book in October. It has a BIN seemingly hit for $200+ in mid Nov & becomes a hot book over night. After the $200+ BIN there were a couple of $7-$10 raw auction sells & now it is being listed at $25-$50 raw BIN.

Whether the market is being manipulated or not, it just shows how easy it would be to do so. I watched in interest as it was done in the Modern market, & now it seems to be happening in the Copper market.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a decent stash of #1's that I always thought would be sold in a bulk lot at .25 cents, so I'm all for the ride. It's just interesting how easy it is to alter the comic market off of one sell. I sort of understand it when a book like AF #15 goes for a record price, but seeing the same being applied to Booster Gold #1 is really testing the theory.

Booster Gold #1

Hand 'em over !

stick-em-up.jpg

It's amazing how small the comic market really is.

Booster Gold #1 was a $2 book in October. It has a BIN seemingly hit for $200+ in mid Nov & becomes a hot book over night. After the $200+ BIN there were a couple of $7-$10 raw auction sells & now it is being listed at $25-$50 raw BIN.

Whether the market is being manipulated or not, it just shows how easy it would be to do so. I watched in interest as it was done in the Modern market, & now it seems to be happening in the Copper market.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a decent stash of #1's that I always thought would be sold in a bulk lot at .25 cents, so I'm all for the ride. It's just interesting how easy it is to alter the comic market off of one sell. I sort of understand it when a book like AF #15 goes for a record price, but seeing the same being applied to Booster Gold #1 is really testing the theory.

Happens all the time in the modern market as their are dealers/sellers who practice this a lot. Harder in copper due to the vast amount of product that is available in some issues. Whats happening is speculators are scrambling to buy up 1st appearances whenever they can. This book has seem some flashes lately as NM copies are starting to edge higher.