• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

What about this? Seems the upcoming Justice League movie is going to be more of a comedy like the 80s series.

justice-league-1-1.jpg

You'd think right?  Classic cover, movie coming out.  That's what I thought too but I had one on the bay for at least 6 months in high grade and not priced too aggressively.  Not much traction.

2 hours ago, GM8 said:

You'd think right?  Classic cover, movie coming out.  That's what I thought too but I had one on the bay for at least 6 months in high grade and not priced too aggressively.  Not much traction.

The Ben Affleck Batman kind of reminds me of the Batman in the Justice League 1980s series a comedian who is cracking jokes. Maybe the audience hasn't gotten the connection yet? I think maybe after the upcoming Justice League movie they will. You can tell Ben Affleck is basing his Batman on this Justice League series, and not the Frank Miller version.

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I know this is a U.K. book, but Warrior #1 with the 1st V for Vendetta, 1st Miracle Man.

Gotta be a sleeper, right?

42351b764a376fdbe3b739d6de3d643d.jpg

Amen. Although there have been some stirrings on this one in recent years. People are starting to get hip to it.

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I know this is a U.K. book, but Warrior #1 with the 1st V for Vendetta, 1st Miracle Man.

Gotta be a sleeper, right?

If a 35-year-old book featuring the return of Marvelman (there's no Miracleman in Warrior) and the first V for Vendetta is still sleeping, what will it take to wake it? After decades of TPB sales and a movie for V and Marvel's acquisition of Marvelman and the long-awaited reprinting of Moore's story, where's the alarm clock?

56 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I think any book in the Marvel vault that would appeal somehow to Disney fans, but might worth looking into cheap like Power Pack.

It might years down the road, but I could see this along with several others. Disney has changed the game for Marvel unlike DC which I think is years behind on that.

I agree on POWER PACK. It's only a matter of time. NEW MUTANTS is a prime example. Not only does POWER PACK have an outstanding run on its own but is firmly established in the MARVEL UNIVERSE.

I also believe GREEN LANTERN #141 has great potential as well. 1st OMEGA MEN could be DC's answer to GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. plus LOBO!

RAGMAN #1 is also a sleeper. DC's DAREDEVIL?

Another overlooked gem is STATIC #1. Had his own animated show and could possibly show up along BLACK LIGHTNING.

PHANTASM from the comic adaptation could appear as well in live action form in either GOTHAM or in a BATMAN movie. A great villain to rival the JOKER!

Other possibilities?

PREZ, NEW GODS, MR.MIRACLE. THE DEMON, SATANA, DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON, SHANG-CHI MASTER OF KUNG-FU, WHITE TIGER, JACK OF HEARTS, SHOGUN WARRIORS, MICRONAUTS, DAZZLER, SPIDER-WOMAN, NIGHT FORCE, CAPTAIN CARROT, AMETHYST?

On 5/29/2017 at 0:17 PM, GM8 said:

Also has a decent first appearance.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Dogsupreme said:

I agree on POWER PACK. It's only a matter of time. NEW MUTANTS is a prime example. Not only does POWER PACK have an outstanding run on its own but is firmly established in the MARVEL UNIVERSE.

I also believe GREEN LANTERN #141 has great potential as well. 1st OMEGA MEN could be DC's answer to GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. plus LOBO!

RAGMAN #1 is also a sleeper. DC's DAREDEVIL?

Another overlooked gem is STATIC #1. Had his own animated show and could possibly show up along BLACK LIGHTNING.

PHANTASM from the comic adaptation could appear as well in live action form in either GOTHAM or in a BATMAN movie. A great villain to rival the JOKER!

Other possibilities?

PREZ, NEW GODS, MR.MIRACLE. THE DEMON, SATANA, DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON, SHANG-CHI MASTER OF KUNG-FU, WHITE TIGER, JACK OF HEARTS, SHOGUN WARRIORS, MICRONAUTS, DAZZLER, SPIDER-WOMAN, NIGHT FORCE, CAPTAIN CARROT, AMETHYST?

ragman was already on 'the arrow', and was actually pretty cool, but no real impact on the price of ragman 1.  Not that I don't love me some ragman.

1 hour ago, revat said:

ragman was already on 'the arrow', and was actually pretty cool, but no real impact on the price of ragman 1.  Not that I don't love me some ragman.

It spiked a little when he was announced. Did the same thing all TV show books do now.

2 hours ago, revat said:

I was not aware of that. Sometimes things can take time. Given time and some really good episodes with him or a series with him as a central character, who knows. I never pass up a #1 in high grade if they are $5 or less. Look at NEW MUTANTS #1. $1 fodder for a loooooong time.

One of my general rules is if you see a #1 or 1st appearance of anything for a $1 or less pick it up no matter what it is. Most of the time you won't regret it.

Just now, Dogsupreme said:

I was not aware of that. Sometimes things can take time. Given time and some really good episodes with him or a series with him as a central character, who knows. I never pass up a #1 in high grade if they are $5 or less. Look at NEW MUTANTS #1. $1 fodder for a loooooong time.

One of my general rules is if you see a #1 or 1st appearance of anything for a $1 or less pick it up no matter what it is. Most of the time you won't regret it.

Ragman is a great book, but the Ragman on "Arrow" doesn't really have much to do with the "real" Ragman, and he has sorta disappeared again. Kind of a waste of the character.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Ragman is a great book, but the Ragman on "Arrow" doesn't really have much to do with the "real" Ragman, and he has sorta disappeared again. Kind of a waste of the character.

Too bad but that may be a good thing. Might get a second chance.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Should I be on the lookout for the "I.C. Weiner" variant?

I've been waiting a week for somebody else to notice that! Okay, notice and mention it.

But the proper name is the "Futurama" variant. :baiting:

On 5/30/2017 at 0:35 PM, Lazyboy said:

If a 35-year-old book featuring the return of Marvelman (there's no Miracleman in Warrior) and the first V for Vendetta is still sleeping, what will it take to wake it? After decades of TPB sales and a movie for V and Marvel's acquisition of Marvelman and the long-awaited reprinting of Moore's story, where's the alarm clock?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=warrior 1 vendetta&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

It's not like it doesn't sell for decent money, but it should be more, unless they printed a badjillion of them and they've been sitting in warehouses for decades?

And those are just recent sales.  If you look at what's available now, there is nothing cheap at all.

Go out and buy up Dreadstar. Especially the Starlin art run. Same with American Flagg and Chaykin's art run, although there are some later Alan Moore penned issues that might be worth picking up. CRIMINALLY undervalued right now. And both are ripe to be ported to a TV or film at some point. Starlin has optioned Dreadstar and is developing it as a TV show, currently. 

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Go out and buy up Dreadstar. Especially the Starlin art run. Same with American Flagg and Chaykin's art run, although there are some later Alan Moore penned issues that might be worth picking up. CRIMINALLY undervalued right now. And both are ripe to be ported to a TV or film at some point. Starlin has optioned Dreadstar and is developing it as a TV show, currently. 

Dreadstarr was optioned over two years ago for TV (with no channel attached) after it failed as a movie option over three years ago.

5 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

"Optioned" and "developing" aren't particularly encouraging. An option is basically a right to try to develop a property. But there are many, many steps involved in that actually going anywhere, including securing potential funding and attracting names to a project that might make a studio interested in hearing more.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:11 PM, fastballspecial said:

I think any book in the Marvel vault that would appeal somehow to Disney fans, but might worth looking into cheap like Power Pack.

It might years down the road, but I could see this along with several others. Disney has changed the game for Marvel unlike DC which I think is years behind on that.

Power Pack will most likely be optioned sooner or later. Just like Cloak & Dagger were. Does anyone here has that chart that Marvel listed for characters "in development" for movie/TV shows a few years back? They had power pack & cloak & dagger on it. Not sure if new mutants were there as well