• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Power Pack will most likely be optioned sooner or later. Just like Cloak & Dagger were. Does anyone here has that chart that Marvel listed for characters "in development" for movie/TV shows a few years back? They had power pack & cloak & dagger on it. Not sure if new mutants were there as well

Options involve rights. The rights for the Marvel characters are all already is possession of various parties that make movies. It's the "development" to focus on

10 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

"Optioned" and "developing" aren't particularly encouraging. An option is basically a right to try to develop a property. But there are many, many steps involved in that actually going anywhere, including securing potential funding and attracting names to a project that might make a studio interested in hearing more.

The cost of investing in Dreadtsar or American Flagg at this point is nominal. Buy them cheap! That's my point. I also have heard some interesting recent info about American Flagg as well. Hasn't been publicized, but my source is pretty impeccable.

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

The cost of investing in Dreadtsar or American Flagg at this point is nominal. Buy them cheap! That's my point. I also have heard some interesting recent info about American Flagg as well. Hasn't been publicized, but my source is pretty impeccable.

People only seem to care about 1st apps now, and the first Dreadstar app isn't cheap.  #1 can be cheap, true, and I guess that might do ok, but the rest of the run, regardless of how good they were? (I read dreadstar as a kid because they went into the 4/$1 box at my old lcs, loved them).  Seriously, the only titles that seem to have interest throughout the bulk of the run are WD and Deadpool (98).  Am I missing some other 80s - current title? teen titans 42 and 43, important books in the middle of the incredibly classic perez titans run, are practically worthless unless in a 9.8 slab and so many of those other great perez books are seemingly dollar bin fodder. makes no sense to me. I guess McFarlane ASM SPideys and Hulks have general interest too and Miller DD, but that is going back pretty far.

32 minutes ago, the blob said:

People only seem to care about 1st apps now, and the first Dreadstar app isn't cheap.  #1 can be cheap, true, and I guess that might do ok, but the rest of the run, regardless of how good they were? (I read dreadstar as a kid because they went into the 4/$1 box at my old lcs, loved them).  Seriously, the only titles that seem to have interest throughout the bulk of the run are WD and Deadpool (98).  Am I missing some other 80s - current title? teen titans 42 and 43, important books in the middle of the incredibly classic perez titans run, are practically worthless unless in a 9.8 slab and so many of those other great perez books are seemingly dollar bin fodder. makes no sense to me. I guess McFarlane ASM SPideys and Hulks have general interest too and Miller DD, but that is going back pretty far.

Unless it's Wolverine's 1st Appearance. The only one people seem to care about is his second. (Don't get me started). And Dreadstar's Epic illustrated 1st App is not that expensive, really. Some people don't even count it. Or the graphic novel, as they were not comics.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

36 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Unless it's Wolverine's 1st Appearance. The only one people seem to care about is his second. (Don't get me started). And Dreadstar's Epic illustrated 1st App is not that expensive, really. Some people don't even count it. Or the graphic novel, as they were not comics.

I think he was talking about going 50 cent box diving and buying a bunch of the excellent starlin comic issues as a potential investment and i have my doubts as a fun story, neat characters, and fine art don't seem to matter

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

I think he was talking about going 50 cent box diving and buying a bunch of the excellent starlin comic issues as a potential investment and i have my doubts as a fun story, neat characters, and fine art don't seem to matter

Except, the Starlin Captain Marvels and Starlin Warlocks have become valuable. I just picked up a cheap run of nice conditioned Dreadstar's from Starlin's Epic run in case there's ever a TV show or film made. Seems more likely given the success Marvel has had with its cosmic stuff, which is mostly derived from Starlin. Not to mention Star Wars being in vogue again. 

6 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Except, the Starlin Captain Marvels and Starlin Warlocks have become valuable. I just picked up a cheap run of nice conditioned Dreadstar's from Starlin's Epic run in case there's ever a TV show or film made. Seems more likely given the success Marvel has had with its cosmic stuff, which is mostly derived from Starlin. Not to mention Star Wars being in vogue again. 

Stop trying to make Dreadstar (run speculation) happen. It's not going to happen.

5 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

With how many properties are optioned today, I can see Dreadstar and American Flagg being as popular as the recent Scout option.

23188-3541-25858-1-scout.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

With how many properties are optioned today, I can see Dreadstar and American Flagg being as popular as the recent Scout option.

23188-3541-25858-1-scout.jpg

stop, you had a 26 minute window of opportunity to make a killing on that one.  don't be grumpy if you missed it.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Stop trying to make Dreadstar (run speculation) happen. It's not going to happen.

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

The Starlin CMs and Warlocks were always premium priced, some of them had a down period and you could snag copies on the cheap, sure, but they were never like the "you can't give these away" Dreadstars. 

Just now, the blob said:

stop, you had a 26 minute window of opportunity to make a killing on that one.  don't be grumpy if you missed it.

:roflmao:

If you have books like that you need to get home ASAP and list them anymore.

Whether they're ever optioned or not, everyone should buy up American Flagg, Grimjack, Nexus, Grendel etc because they were some of the best comics ever made! So much awesome reading in the 80's. If the values finally take off as well, so much the better.

15 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

American Flagg is great.  So ahead of its time and frighteningly accurate.  

I'm still waiting for a talking cat :taptaptap: