• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

lol unlike all these other copper books.

Well, even though 250,000 is kinda ridiculous, it pales in comparison to 1 million books printed (say, UXM 266 v.s 1991's X-Men #4)

But I do see your point!

:)

-slym

That period seemed to be the tipping point to me. X-Men 250-270 were all over the place, but it mostly seemed to be the dealers ordering huge amounts for back stock. Somewhere in the mid 270s it seemed like even collectors started jumping on ordering hundreds of single issues.

I wasn't a dealer, but set up at shows & had piles of X-Men 271-up. They sold like crazy up through about 283, but with each issue, more & more collector/dealers had piles of these. Collectors would bring stacks of the 281-283s to shows trying to sell to dealers that already had piles.

The X-Men 4 was the tipping point for me, as they were just everywhere & people were pushing a character that I didn't even find that interesting.

I had a good friend that was a co-owner of a shop at that time. He was being bought out & they were paying him partially in back stock. He tried to get multiple cases of the Jim Lee X-Men #1 included in the deal, but his partners refused & made him select early Silver Age stock instead. It really pissed him off at the time, but we laugh about it now. Everyone thought they were sitting on a fortune...

I had a good friend that was a co-owner of a shop at that time. He was being bought out & they were paying him partially in back stock. He tried to get multiple cases of the Jim Lee X-Men #1 included in the deal, but his partners refused & made him select early Silver Age stock instead. It really pissed him off at the time, but we laugh about it now. Everyone thought they were sitting on a fortune...

That's not a bullet dodged, it's a freakin' artillery shell lol

New_Teen_Titans_Vol_1_28.jpg

:popcorn:

Terra's a great character.

First App NTT 26.

Unless you have something else in mind?

This was the issue that really got me hooked on NTT as a kid in the 80s. Terra was an awesome character! All these years later, I still remember where I was when I read the end of #34 and was absolutely stunned. Such great writing on that title.

Is anyone else getting that early 90s bubble vibe in the comic market? It seems like there is more and more speculation going on.

The race for GOTG stuff, Hulk 271, the Marvel Premiere Antman issue, etc have really highlighted how desperate people are to chase the latest "hot" thing.

The craziness of the CPR crowd has also reached a peak that I doubt is sustainable.

I think we're going to see some ugly carnage among the speculators soon.

Edited by Hamlet

Is anyone else getting that early 90s bubble vibe in the comic market? It seems like there is more and more speculation going on.

The race for GOTG stuff, Hulk 271, the Marvel Premiere Antman issue, etc have really highlighted how desperate people are to chase the latest "hot" thing.

The craziness of the CPR crowd has also reached a peak that I doubt is sustainable.

I think we're going to see some ugly carnage among the speculators soon.

+1 good get them out !