• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Fun thread

I dropped out of comics in the late 80's, but when I got back in the hobby a few years ago, TQ/IG was one of the first series I went back to read. It reminded me what was fun about reading comics.

Thanos was always a great villain...

I agree. I have always loved Thanos. I remember years ago wanting to pick up an Iron Man 55 and thinking that $50 was way more than I wanted to spend. Now I can only look back and laugh.

I looked for a couple of years before finding one. Got in before the explosion in price. I never intended to sell it, but it just was too good to pass up.

I'd love to pick up another one. . .

Justin, did you win those from comics4less? If so, then I'm glad I didn't bid on them! I was watching those, but decided to bid on his Walking Dead 9.8s that I needed.

BTW:

Sorry about all of the spoiler tags lol but I had something inadvertently spoiled for me and I don't want to perpetrate the same:

I was reading the Wikipedia site for

Infinity Gauntlet

and saw there is a spoiler about the

end credits of Thor 2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Infinity_Gauntlet

Here is the spoiler:

"In "Thor: The Dark World" the mid-credit stinger scene features Collector who accepts the Aether saying, "1 down, 5 to go", an obvious reference to the Gauntlet."

:banana:

I wish I had seen this in the wild for myself, but I'm still super excited about it.

I had to pick this up when I saw it:

$T2eC16J,!zEE9s3!(ImuBSD(,FkIUQ~~60_57.JPG

Surfer + Gauntlet = ^^

Very cool book. Love the homage to IG#1's cover. There are a lot of interesting What If'..? comics from that era.

I will get a scan up soon of my raw signed copy. IG (and Infinity War) is what got me into other titles besides X-Men. When it came to Marvel, I only read X-Men comics (Uncanny, Classics, the Jim Lee series as well) when I was a kid. The first thing I did after reading IG / IW, was pick up some random Thor, FF and Spidey issues.

I also had the opportunity to recreate #1 for Par2ch a few months back. The sheer volume of detail in that cover made me appreciate Perez even more. That guy knows how to pack a panel full of awesome. Working on a #4 cover recreation now. Far less characters... but one of the best cover lines ever.