• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Kevin Feige has confirmed that the Tesseract is the Space Gem! The Infinity Gems are now officially part of the Marvel cinematic universe :headbang:

Full article and Thor: The Dark World spoilers below.

Interesting. I always thought the Tesseract was more akin to the Cosmic Cube.

I think originally, it was. Then Marvel and the movie folks in charge had to come up with a way to get 6 stones into the universe. This was the easiest path to get 1 stone in early.

Having the 1st stone appear in Thor, would have made it difficult to incorporate 5 new stones in the next few films. Now they only have 4 to go.

Given the current use of the stones, should we expect the major villains in the next several Marvel films to harness the power of the new stones in order to get them into the 'movieverse' ?

I am sure Loki will have a direct hand in getting the Tesseract "Space Stone" out of Asgard in Thor 3 (which will be between Avengers 2 and 3.) My guess

Ultron could use the Time Gem as his primary device of going back to a point in time in which it determines is necessary to begin destroying everything. Happens to be the time in which Avengers 2 is set. Again.. just guessing for fun.

Also, the collector had possession of the Yellow reality gem in the comics, prior to Thanos taking it from him.

It would also be pretty easy to have some other stones show up in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. There is already a planned crossover:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48893

Seeing as the Tesseract already showed up in episode two ("0-8-4"), it's a good guess that the upcoming crossover have to do with another gem? That would be awesome.

Did this thread inspire you Hector :baiting:

Nice HS!!!!!

Actually I had been trying to find one for awhile but hadn't seen on on eBay till this week and bid high from the start and lost out. 2 more came up this week so one of them will be mine (starting to sound like Thanos)

In other IG news. Earlier in the year, I purchased these 15 boxes of 90's drek from a storage hunter. The books were from a store that had closed (I assume based on the number of multiple copies of books). In there were several Infinity Gauntlet #1's none were NM condition so I decided to sell the entire IG lot of books (a little from each series) and three #1's. I think I got $20 bucks for the lot. When I began to pack them I noticed something different on the covers from other IGs that I had in the past. The books had been signed in gold ink by Perez. I asked the buyer if he still wanted them and of course he said yes. I was upset I didn't get to keep one but oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles.

There is also a signed copy but I'd rather get it signed myself if I decided to go that route.

Your thread has been great reading, I agree some of those Warlock issues are great (this series introduced Warlock for me, and he's one of my favorite characters)

I'll post my winnings soon

Did this thread inspire you Hector :baiting:

Nice HS!!!!!

Actually I had been trying to find one for awhile but hadn't seen on on eBay till this week and bid high from the start and lost out. 2 more came up this week so one of them will be mine (starting to sound like Thanos)

In other IG news. Earlier in the year, I purchased these 15 boxes of 90's drek from a storage hunter. The books were from a store that had closed (I assume based on the number of multiple copies of books). In there were several Infinity Gauntlet #1's none were NM condition so I decided to sell the entire IG lot of books (a little from each series) and three #1's. I think I got $20 bucks for the lot. When I began to pack them I noticed something different on the covers from other IGs that I had in the past. The books had been signed in gold ink by Perez. I asked the buyer if he still wanted them and of course he said yes. I was upset I didn't get to keep one but oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles.

There is also a signed copy but I'd rather get it signed myself if I decided to go that route.

Your thread has been great reading, I agree some of those Warlock issues are great (this series introduced Warlock for me, and he's one of my favorite characters)

I'll post my winnings soon

Did these signed copies of IG #1 also happen to have a bunch of store stamps on the back?

I'm from the Chicago area as well and didn't notice the gold signature either until I came across a piece of paper saying it was signed further down in the lot.

When I read this stuff I feel so :whee: and :ohnoez:

I really worry that they'd screw up something so cherished from my childhood, but at the same time there is still some optimism that my dreams as a kid would come true seeing this on the big screen.

I really worry that they'd screw up something so cherished from my childhood, but at the same time there is still some optimism that my dreams as a kid would come true seeing this on the big screen.

Didn't Thanos casually backhand Cap, and snap his neck, or something crazy?!?!?

I don't think so. A primary attack group went to get Thanos and he put a stop to that instantly

Right before Nebula stole the gauntlet from him and took over

cap_slap.png

There you go.

Pure awesome sauce.

IG is my favorite story in comics, bar none. I love everything about it, and I can re-read it at least once per year. I have never - not once - concerned myself with how they will handle the film.

I have accepted the fact that the Infinity Gauntlet will be greatly simplified in order to make it crossover into other movies and be geared towards a wide audience. I think that the only way to be truly happy with what they are doing is to keep that mindset. It was nothing short or awesome to hear them say "One down, five to go" in that mid-credits scene.

Interesting. I always thought the Tesseract was more akin to the Cosmic Cube.

I think originally, it was. Then Marvel and the movie folks in charge had to come up with a way to get 6 stones into the universe. This was the easiest path to get 1 stone in early.

Having the 1st stone appear in Thor, would have made it difficult to incorporate 5 new stones in the next few films. Now they only have 4 to go.

Given the current use of the stones, should we expect the major villains in the next several Marvel films to harness the power of the new stones in order to get them into the 'movieverse' ?

I am sure Loki will have a direct hand in getting the Tesseract "Space Stone" out of Asgard in Thor 3 (which will be between Avengers 2 and 3.) My guess

Ultron could use the Time Gem as his primary device of going back to a point in time in which it determines is necessary to begin destroying everything. Happens to be the time in which Avengers 2 is set. Again.. just guessing for fun.

Also, the collector had possession of the Yellow reality gem in the comics, prior to Thanos taking it from him.

Why not just have the staff Loki had in the Avengers contain the Mind Gem, since it was blue and was being used to control minds? That would have been #1. . . #2 shows up in Thor.