• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Didn't Thanos casually backhand Cap, and snap his neck, or something crazy?!?!?

I don't think so. A primary attack group went to get Thanos and he put a stop to that instantly

Right before Nebula stole the gauntlet from him and took over

cap_slap.png

Never noticed before but why is Cap's head twisted right when Thanos back handed him from that same side? Shouldn't his head be to the left?

Thanos has the Guantlet and can warp reality and twist mess any way he wants!

This has really became a Thanos thread. For anyone that's never read the Starlin Warlock issues of the 70's you should check them out. I found the story and art much better than the Captain Marvel Thanos Cosmic Cube storyline. He hadn't yet hit his stride and early Thanos looked like a slightly larger Skrull plus the Rick Jones stuff I found meh .

There aren't many super hero story lines that I think are really great but the Warlock stuff is personal favorite along with Miller Daredevil and Kraven's Last Hunt.

The Death of Captain Marvel Graphic Novel which features Thanos is also one of the best stand alone story's I've read.

I have a nice piece of Thanos art coming in in another month or two that when I get I might come back and post here.

Edited by Mephisto

This has really became a Thanos thread. For anyone that's never read the Starlin Warlock issues of the 70's you should check them out. I found the story and art much better than the Captain Marvel Thanos Cosmic Cube storyline. He hadn't yet hit his stride and early Thanos looked like a slightly larger Skrull plus the Rick Jones stuff I found meh .

There aren't many super hero story lines that I think are really great but the Warlock stuff is personal favorite along with Miller Daredevil and Kraven's Last Hunt.

The Death of Captain Marvel Graphic Novel which features Thanos is also one of the best stand alone story's I've read.

I have a nice piece of Thanos art coming in in another month or two that when I get I might come back and post here.

You are dead on it. :applause:

Had to Internet ninja the mondo site when this was released. Sold out in less than a minute. Limited to 295. Hope they do more. I want a similar styled poster featuring Galactus and another with Thanos. A trio would make for a Great Wall.

I thought it would be fun (at least for me) to describe what's happening as I'm re-reading Warlock and the Infinity Watch (1-42). I read #1 again last night and it was better than the first time IMO. Spoilers below if you don't wanna know, but it starts out with Warlock being judged by the Living Tribunal and challenged by Eternity.

873127.jpg

(1) So yeah, Warlock is now the ruler of all with the Infinity Gauntlet in his possession.

(2) Eternity is PO'd because he(it) thinks that the gauntlet should remain with him(it) as the ruler of all that is.

(3) The Living Tribunal has ruled on this before when Thanos held the gauntlet and sided against Eternity, because the LT said it is the natural way of things for the strong to rise and old rulers to fall (from IG)

(4) Eternity says that the situation was different with Thanos than with Adam Warlock because Warlock is not fit to rule.

(5) All this is happening with all the other universal powers present: Galactus, the Stranger, Celestials, Love, Hate, etc.

(6) Both sides present their case, but the LT sides against Warlock due to his previous personality split (creating the Magus).

(7) Rather than go to war with the LT and Eternity (which would destroy all that is), Warlock realizes what must be done.

(8) He decides that the infinity gems must be passed to individual guardians (caretakers).

(9) Eternity is once again PO's that he doesn't get a say so in who gets the gems. Warlock snaps his finger and make Eternity disappear lol

(10) Warlock sets out after all the other powerful members of the court leave to pick the Infinity Watchers.....

:hi:

So, I thought the first time Thanos puts on the Gauntlet was TQ 2, but I flipped through my copies and he just gathers the gems, didn't see him put them on his glove. Can anyone clear up when he first puts them on "the glove"? . I don't have some of the pre-gauntlet silver surfers to reference, and that has to be where it happens before IF 1? Right?

Maybe I'm wrong...

So, I thought the first time Thanos puts on the Gauntlet was TQ 2, but I flipped through my copies and he just gathers the gems, didn't see him put them on his glove. Can anyone clear up when he first puts them on "the glove"? . I don't have some of the pre-gauntlet silver surfers to reference, and that has to be where it happens before IF 1? Right?

Maybe I'm wrong...

I don't think there is a panel in any one comic that shows him putting on the gauntlet for the first time... Not that I can remember at least...

Crazy, I know the small panel with him and Mephisto in IG 1, but I could have sworn there was some kind of big final splash page panel of it somewhere before that, been a while since I read the whole story from SS34 through IF 6.

Cheers !

Edited by cbaileypacker