• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny book of the year 2013 - Everyone can vote!

405 posts in this topic

It's just lobbying... lol

Too early to cast ballots. I suspect other strong candidates will have their hats tossed in the ring before the deadline. :gossip:

If you ask me it's just a load of old ballots.

But the books posted so far are simply spectacular, and we've barely started.

I do hope everyone who frequents Gold will feel motivated to submit their books.

I know I don't stand a chance with some of the books already posted in this thread, but I'll still show the three GA books I got this year that really made collecting fun and satisfying.

First, I got a low grade copy of my number 1 "achievable" grail, Captain America Comics #3, signed by Jack Kirby. The day I got this was the happiest day of my comic collecting career so far:

10906200134_2cf3f8bd88_b.jpg

10175724334_5948d2e50b_b.jpg

Secondly, I finally got a decent copy of Captain America #76. I've always loved the three Atlas-era Caps immensely. The combination of the communist-era covers and Romita Sr. artwork really makes them unique in my opinion. I also love the fact that the Atlas Cap was retconned to be another person taking up the Cap persona in lieu of Steve Rodgers being MIA:

10805364493_f2521f9484_b.jpg

Lastly, I got a piece of what I would call my "unachievable grail". Prices have gotten too far away from what my budget will allow, so I am happy to at least own a small piece of Captain America #1:

9943487315_cc66ea8fed_b.jpg

9943605433_78a2942bb3_b.jpg

9943605433_78a2942bb3_b.jpg

This page is hilarious. Red Skull has to stop after knocking Cap out to cross him off the list in his little notebook. I can just see him in bed at night with the lamp on wearing his jammies saying, "I'm going to make a list of people to knock out. Number 1... "

This page is hilarious. Red Skull has to stop after knocking Cap out to cross him off the list in his little notebook. I can just see him in bed at night with the lamp on wearing his jammies saying, "I'm going to make a list of people to knock out. Number 1... "

It is pretty funny, a lot of those GA storylines don't hold up too well today. lol

I also like how Red Skull's list is legible until you get to number 5 on there, then it's complete gibberish.

allselect1.jpg

That gets my vote.

Still too early for Straw polling! (tsk)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>groucho.gif

You are the expert on polling Straw (thumbs u

we need to just give the tall geek's ff 1 some kinda special recognition apart from the g.a. forum's "comic of the year." it's the best book, but we need an "old" book to win this thing.

Maybe a PCH book will win this year.

I guess you hard-nosed guys would never consider a (gasp!) Romance book…. :cry: