• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny book of the year 2013 - Everyone can vote!

405 posts in this topic

Lev Gleason, Elliot, Dell, Fox, MLJ, Chesler, Fiction House, DC, Atlas, Timely, Continental, Centaur, Harvey, Marvel etc, etc...rare books, highest graded copies, enormous keys - fabulous books chaps!

Any one of which would be a worthy winner - it's going to be a fascinating ballot.

For my entry it has to be this double cover Planet Comics 48 with off registration on both covers.

It is a truly unique book in my collection and it is in extremely high grade ( especially the inner cover ).

PlanetComics48front_zpsec2cc50f.jpg

0b512ada-c641-4510-bb26-190d8822c24d_zps66651556.jpg

MMMMmm tasty sweet

Man, that's cool.

I might as well submit 2 now (I'll hold out on the 3rd on the isolated chance that I pick up something else in the next month or so).

First up...

ALL STAR COMICS #8

I've been trying to find an affordable copy for almost 3 years now, and have watched it skyrocket in price in what seemed like a daily price increase. I finally broke down and paid through the nose, but am happy to have it.

All_Star8_50_zpsb093df31.jpg

WAR COMICS #1

This early Dell (Carson City copy) is the first comic devoted entirely to war stories, and is tied for highest graded with the Church copy.

The cover isn't quite as impressive as War Comics #4 (Night Devils), but I love the yellow cover. ( I still need War Comics #2 to complete my War Comics / War Stories run :baiting: )

WarComics190_zps95bc0852.jpg

I might as well submit 2 now (I'll hold out on the 3rd on the isolated chance that I pick up something else in the next month or so).

First up...

ALL STAR COMICS #8

I've been trying to find an affordable copy for almost 3 years now, and have watched it skyrocket in price in what seemed like a daily price increase. I finally broke down and paid through the nose, but am happy to have it.

All_Star8_50_zpsb093df31.jpg

A classic cover in my book. (thumbs u

Here’s my 3 favorite books this year.

Witches Tales #5. I’ve tried to cross this book off my want list twice before. Both times the books didn’t work out, and had to be returned. The first book was trimmed and the second was over-graded. This one came back single highest graded. As they say…Third times the charm.

WitchesTalestag_zps1031d89a.jpg

WitchesTales5_zps14b6f8af.jpg

That's an odd book from an odd publisher that lasted only a few months. And it's very creepy cool! :cloud9:

Weird Adventures #3 I’ve always loved this cover but could never find one above fine. I found this one “raw” and decided to roll the dice. It came back single highest graded. :cloud9:

WeirdAdventures3tag_zps1436af17.jpg

WeirdAdventures3_zpsdbb3078e.jpg

This looks like FUN!! Not to be repetitive but like Illustrious 2013 rolled in one of the books I have always held in high regard...CAP #3 with a little help from fellow boardie (thumbs u ...No need to wait for this guy here are my top 3 acquisitions of 2013 for sure...ALL GOLDEN AGE...Great books so far everyone :applause:

10365729495_64bbdcdd82_b.jpg

9398498829_6ccbe21d7a_b.jpg

10365230705_fdf1868bc1_b.jpg